View Single Post
      07-21-2009, 06:39 PM   #112
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Thanks guys!

I have to say that I am still extremely happy with my choice of exterior color and interior trim. It was definitely worth waiting for the individual version!!!

Here are some of my personal feelings/findings:

Exterior:

Paint:
The Citrin Black Metallic color changes depending on how the light falls on it. It is simply amazing how many hues this paint creates/possesses. The sparkling effect this individual color creates when the sun or a really bright light shines on it is absolutely stunning. It also seems to be a very durable paint and thankfully doesn't seem to have the same issues like so many other cars with a black paint exterior exhibit after a few washes. I have yet to see any hint of swirl marks (and believe me I looked)!

I wish I could capture this amazing range of hues with the camera but unfortunately, it is almost impossible. I will give it another try when I find the time and post some pictures. The standard colors the 7 comes in are nice but once you see the individual colors in person, you will understand what I am talking about! You do need to look at them in various different light conditions though to appreciate and get the full spectrum of different hues these great paints provide!

Rims:
I have to say that I am extremely pleased with the looks and the ride (comfort) these 20" individual rims provide. I was a bit skeptical at first since these are also RFT's (Run-Flat-Tires) especially considering these 20" rims leave very little in terms of sidewall. But I can happily report that the ride is very comfortable in the 'Normal' or 'Comfort' mode and handle really nicely when you switch into the 'Sport' modes. I am glad I picked the individual 301I style rims over the style 253 20" rims that came with the Canadian sport package on this car. My dealership was delivering another 750 (not an individual version) with the style 253 rims on the same day I picked up my car. Even the SA and his manager commented on how much nicer the individual rims looked. Again, you need to see them in person to truly appreciate the looks of them. A picture only tells have the story!

Interior:

Upholstery:
The platinum interior color creates a sense of openness (as in space ), freshness (as in looks) and elegance in the car that I have yet to see in any other car! So far it has held up fairly well even with the kids...

Trim:
I love the piano black trim and would recommend it to anyone. Personally, I don't like the wood trim look. The only one I would have considered is the dark ash wood trim. The finish of these trim panels is superb. The piano wire inlay is stunning, especially if you look up close as you see all the fine details of the wire! Again, if I find the time I will try and post a close up shot of the piano black trim with the piano wire inlay.

Controls:
The ceramic controls add an extra touch of elegance to the already stunning interior and is IMHO definitely worth the money they charge for it!

Alcantara Roofliner:
I just love the look of the alcantara roofliner. It is a suede like leather and looks awesome. I was afraid it would show little finger prints and such but to my surprise it doesn't. Although I have to admit I did have a talk with my kids before they were allowed to ride in this car about all the different leather, trim and knobs in this car and that I would prefer they don't mess around too much with any of them
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0