Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW activeHybrid7 beast

My new 750i activehybrid

Friday pulled the trigger.

Specs:

April 2010 production, June delivery

2011 Active hybrid 750i (F04)
465 HP (according to BMW almost the performance of a V12!)
Sophisto Grey Exterior
Dakota Red barrique/black interior !
High Gloss Wood trim anthracite
253 Style - 20" Wheels
Every possible options, but excluding: Nigh vision, LCD back, surround view (they said available for order as from June/10, bummer).

Also, standard "hot weather package" and "Poor fuel quality" options. Guess a must here

I am soooooo excited !!!

This is my 4th BMW (325i, 325i, 540i) after taking a well spent break for nearly 5 years, when I took the Porsche route (Cayman S).

As I said in my previous post, I live in South America and the options available at this time are limited for the new F04. So I took every one I could from the list, excluding 2 that for the price and practicality did not find appealing.

Yes, I order red barrique leather without seeing it in the flesh, my dealer had not samples or photos available at the time (I am told to be the first one ordering it and hardly any info was on hand at this time), but I saw a couple of pictures in another thread and I was sold. I hope this color really does it for me when I see it in the flesh. I am 42 and a kid at heart so I want to go the sportier/exclsuive route, and I believe this new color will enhance this experience. There are no individual choices available as I aslo like the merino alternatives, specially the Cohiba. There is no sport package available. Only the shadow high gloss, ceramics and the sport wheel.

I also asked about "Roll Stablization" and they said this is not available due to the engine configuration and hybrid technology of the car. I am not sure why, and I hope I am not missing too much. Not that I will to take the car over 100mph in a curve, but I guess wont hurt having it either.

I was also not sure if the front camaras for the side view are available at this time, but I hope these are standard. The dealer had no idea, but I don't blame them since they got the specs just this week, and if I wanted a April slot that I had to do it ASAP.

I will keep my Cayman S for another couple of month (of course) and then sell it to make room in the garage. I will surely miss it, what a great car it surely gave me plenty of smiles these past 4 years.

As I mentioned in my earlier thread, here import duties are way high, ordering the standard 750i would cost well over $230K, so by going green I save close to half. So, its a deal for me. Surely not a cheap car, but this is the car that I have been desiring since for my heavier traffic commute and grown up kids.

So now the wait begins ! Oh well ....

Saludos

COCO
Appreciate 0