grand poobah
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F10 535i

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless 335i View Post
I think it looks good. You're all forgetting this isn't a 3 series. BMW's goal isn't to make it look purely sporty and performance oriented. It is a luxury sedan and chrome, generally, is synonymous with luxury. I guarantee most of the demographic buying this car would love the chrome and hate the matte black/carbon fiber stuff some of you are talking about. I have a 335i and I think the matte black/carbon look really completes the car, just like the chrome accents IMO complete the look of the 7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roozie2001 View Post
i love how everyone bitching about the chrome drives the 3 series. even though this is a M Sport version its still a Big body luxury car. big cars have chrome. go look at the S-Class, bentleys, RRs, Lexus. You guys forget that people like us that Mod our cars are a minority. People who drive the 7 series are usually 40+ year old executives, doctors, business owners who want a nice luxurious car. Theyre not trying to make it look like a 20 yr old is driving it
Yeah and it's also the M-sport version of the car not the standard 7 series that your average demographic type buyers purchase. People who want just luxury get the individual or the standard 7er. People who want a sporty 7 get the M-sport or Alpina which shouldn't be slathered in chrome IMO.
Appreciate 0