View Single Post
      02-04-2023, 03:52 PM   #12
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

I had a dealer try a yo-yo on me, but I think it wasn’t predation, but rather over optimistic financing. They called a week after the sale to say they wanted another $2500 down, so I asked “when can I come in to return it?” Just straight up dead-pan called their bluff. They said my trade was already gone (which I doubt), but I thanked them for buying for so much. A little back and fourth on the phone I told them I only live 2 miles away, it’s no trouble to drop it off and unwind the deal, and I had a company vehicle to drive in the mean time. He said he’d call me back. 2 days later he offered if I paid 1250 more down, they would increase my trade value 1250 to make the bank happy. I told them no problem, and promptly paid.

It’s not always predatory, and it doesn’t have to harm you financially. I came out ahead 1250, but you have to be willing to unwind the deal. I was happy to let them keep my trade at the negotiated price too, I was profiting as it was, so even if I lost both vehicles, I was positive on money.

Be willing to walk away, have alternative transportation options, and don’t negotiate with negative equity.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17385.50