07-31-2014, 08:59 PM   #199
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbb85 View Post
i am half way done with my bulk, so far so good. started may 1st at 176lbs and i am 192-193lbs today. will probably bulk til 205ish. need to develope my abs n get my upper chest up a lil more. i know abs r made in the kitchen but i had one of those baby abs at 176 and i wasn't comfortable lossing more size just to see more definition. im working abs 2-3x a week, just 10-15 mins after my workout.

am i suppose to maintain a few weeks when i m done bulking or can i cut right away?

Good stuff man! Keep up the good work and post pictures of your progress. If you want to improve your ab thickness/density, incorporate front squats and dead lifts into your regimen. Those two movements require significant core recruitment, and they will thicken up your transverse abdominis, obliques, etc.

You can cut right away, BUT....

.....cut progressively. What I mean by that is, don't immediately drop your calorie intake so low that you can't sustain what you've built. Start by shedding 100 calories off of your intake and adding a 45-60 minute low intensity cardio session in the morning; I like/prefer the stairclimber because it'll preserve more muscle mass than running will. Start to taper your intake down in 50 calorie increments while continuing to perform your cardio.
Appreciate 0