View Single Post
      08-04-2014, 01:38 PM   #220
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

OK, how do you get the lizard out of the way??!!!!
Wife set up a date with her sister/hubby and us at this fancy restaurant on Thursday. I made it home just early enough to be able to go run 2.5, and take a cold shower and make it there. 5:30 dinner, there wasn't going to be much crowd. By the way, 945 said since I ran, I could have the crème brulee!!!!

While running, the legs were there but not screaming. The frontal lobe was working the times, thinking about reporting in, even almost happy that we seemed to be covering the miles pretty well and might even get all the way home without a walk.

Then the lizard came. The communication between brain and leg muscles just plain out was blocked. The only command that could get thru was "walk" It was extremely frustrating!! When the body seems OK, the conscious brain is OK, then that lizard jumps in weak, what can you do? Singing "Old McDonald" didn't work (I think I might be on par for Guiness record of refrains sung) Negotiating walking until that next street sign would only get me about 50-100 yards of running again before the lizard commanded "Walk"

Friday I and my two sons moved dad's office, law library, and reception into a POD. There were at least 60 boxes (because he had at least that high inked on the sides) of legal books to move and stack, boy was I tired at the end of the day.
Appreciate 0