View Single Post
      01-09-2010, 02:01 AM   #5
SpotM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
I had asked my dealer the exact same question before I took delivery of the car. Back then, even BMW Canada wasn't able to answer this question...

As far as I know (at least I have been told by folks from the US on this forum), you can't watch different sources on the two screens in the back in US spec cars.

However you can watch different sources on the two screens in the Canadian spec models. In fact, I can (and have done so on a few occasions) watch 3 different movies on the 3 screens.

The US spec models have the standard rear entertainment system with two 8" screens and it comes with an Infrared remote control (located in the center arm rest in the rear).
The Canadian spec models come with the professional rear entertainment system with two 9.2" high resolution screens and an additional iDrive controller (located in the center arm rest in the rear).

I have posted more information on this subject in this thread (at the bottom of page 5):

http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432

Hope this helps.
Actually XDrive is correct when it comes to the same internal car source. I may be one of the first on this forum to get the car in the US as well as to have the rear DVD player. I posted this same question in March 2009

The original post relates to playing 2 different movies without using another imput such as the iPod. The answer is that the rear 2 screens will always play the same thing from the same oem source in the car. The front screen, however, can watch a different movie, while parked. To be honest, the reat DVD player is a bit complex and tricky with the menus and dvd playback. Not very user friendly.
Appreciate 0