United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M760i 2016 X5M

Garage List
2018 M760i  [9.00]
2016 X5M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
There is not. With such low production we didn't want to dedicate the resources to the vehicle even though we have have been offered development cars multiple times. The resources are simply better utilized elsewhere.
I assumed that would be your position on them and do understand. My preplanned reply to this was I read somewhere there would be a M8 modle out before too long with this 12 in it and maybe even a X7 12 variant.

Don't really spend much time on such things just browse every now and then so maybe I may be confusing speculation from facts but if that is right and several units with that engine might bring up demand enough worth laying some of the ground work be first to market. Really I just want to see you or anybody dyno of the damn thing.

I have an X5M with your full sig pack. stage 2 kit, intake and exhaust package and it is great but the M760i is just a bit quicker. Not huge but first noted it when I went to pick up the M760I and had my cousin follow me home in the X5M. We had several good runs and one that was awesome from a dead stop onto about a 1/2-3/4 mile straight freeway onramp. If not dead even I kind of felt maybe was nudging away from the X5M just slightly up to pretty good top speed before we slowed to merge onto the freeway. That was my first taste.

Amway not broken in and stock it was either dead flat or just a hair quicker than the X5M with your package that your testing data show I should be around 716 horse and 702 torque with a 5,260 pound curb weight. The M760i has a 5,128 pound curb weight which is a small difference and between my cousin and myself it probably is now dead even if not tipping my way.

Now that it is somewhat broken in with about 700 miles on it we took it out again recently as I have noticed a little more umph out of the M760I recently specially at the top of second and third gear so wanted to do some comparisons now. It is clearly faster. It is not huge and really it is like how fast a elderly man would walk away from you but and most ly between 0-80mph after that it is hard to tell but I think they even up a bit.

Anyway I really want to see what it does on the dyno and really could go for an exaust upgrade to take the muzzle off this amazing V12. I know it could sound just beautiful but they did not make the car to be obnoxious loud so they have suppressed most of the sound and I am am sure a little extra air flow would not hurt the performance either.
Appreciate 0