View Single Post
      12-07-2017, 08:57 PM   #26
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_officer View Post
Not a DD, although none of my M cars were DDs either (except for my 1M for an 8 month stint).
I see. For me, if I weren't going to drive it every day, I probably wouldn't own an M product. So, I can completely understand why you would want more - a car like your M4 was designed around the idea that there would be compromises made in order for it to be practical enough to use as a primary vehicle. If it isn't being used that way, there are definitely better garage queen or weekend cars out there.

Quote:
It’s great you still like M. Have you tried other brands in the same category? What about an RS3 since it’s smaller than M3? Is size the main criteria for you or I guess what else makes M cars win out time and time again for you?
I haven't tried the RS3 because I am not in the market for a car right now. It does appear to be a compelling vehicle. But, by the time I am back in the market, it will likely be out of production. The new A45 sedan coming in 2019 or 2020 might make it on my list, however. I am not sure I am ready to give up RWD though, so, if I decide I can live without four doors, the next M2 may be under consideration as well.
Appreciate 0