View Single Post
      07-28-2016, 11:36 PM   #27
Mtxzptlk
Driving Dog
Rep
Drives: 635/1815, X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Actually I think the first iteration that RBR did looked better than just the T-Bar.

I still prefer open cockpit. Halo was introduced to prevent harm to drivers like Bianchi and Massa. However, I think both are freak accidents in their own. And Halo is more of a knee-jerk solution.

2009, Massa was hit by Brawn GP's rear suspension spring. This itself was rare, there's more chances on loose tires/wheels during short pit stops.

2014, Bianchi's Marussia lost control and hit a recovery tractor under rain. Since then, race control would introduce VSC/SC depends on situation and make sure cars are slow enough and controllable under rain condition, and when there's a stranded car to recover. Make sure the procedures will protect both track marshals and drivers.
The Red Bull solution is actually a step up over the HALO. If something is required to be implemented, I'd take the aeroscreen over the HALO.

However, I'm not sure if something like Justin Wilson's mishap would've been prevented by the aeroscreen.
Appreciate 0