View Single Post
      03-29-2018, 06:03 PM   #4
Llewelyn
Rep
Drives: G11 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
Wow I really feel for you, that's an awful situation.

Not sure about the laws in the US but even with our pretty strong consumer laws in the UK I can see this being problematic to solve. It's not a warranty issue as the cars been damaged and they might claim you did it, got it fixed up at some local shop.

Do you have photos when you picked it up that might show the front the same as it is now? I'm guessing from the sounds of it the repair job is good enough that it takes a detailed eye to spot it so the photos won't help.

Who transported the car? I know the US is a huge place but 1 week also seems like a long time to transport it. Could it be they damaged the car and then quickly got it repaired? You seem convinced that's not the case but I'd think if a dealer fixed the car up they'd have thought to check and fix any damaged sensors.

I guess my point is I'd have more trust for the BMW dealers being a bit more honest than I would a delivery company. At least with the way they tend to operate in the UK. They'd not want to tell their customer, the dealer they damaged the car and risk losing business. So they pay to get it repaired cheaply at their own cost, telling no one.
The ACC unit in the front is fragile as hell. I had an small accident last year, damaged the front-right bumper but only left some scratches on the headlamp. The sensor was malfunctioned due to the shock and took more than a week to repair.
Appreciate 0