View Single Post
      08-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #5
luvthestck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18’ Q7,16'981 GTS

I tried a M5 with with DCT and was bored after the first ten minutes.I am a Stick shift guy.I have a 135i now for my daily needs but squeezing my family into it once in a while is becoming painful.We wanted to upgrade into a larger luxury car.I was almost convinced of buying a Manual M5 until I drove the M5 with DCT.Its fast, handles well for its size but its not sporty enough for me.It is trying to be an all in one car but IMHO fails to be awesome at everything.Its decent- good at everything though[luxury and sportiness].

I test drove a 750 li xdrive and loved the fact that it does its intended job[carrying 4 adults in luxury] very well.I felt that in the ~ 100 K range the 750li X drive was a better value/practical than an M5 for my usage.After a lot of thought [keeping my ego aside]I felt that M5 wouldn't be a very practical car.A heavy,560hp, RWD car which gives 14mpg just didn't make sense in the North.

I looked at the A8 and it felt like some 60yr old guys car.Audi's styling just did not strike me.The only decent looking car in Audi is an S7[havent test driven yet though].I test drove the S4/S5 and the steering sucked.
So now here I am thinking that a 7 series would be a better choice and then I come across a post from one of the members who turned in his/her 7 series and moved to a M5.I was wondering what forced him to do this.
Appreciate 0