View Single Post
      08-28-2013, 06:02 AM   #9
luvthestck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18’ Q7,16'981 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by oryshi View Post
A better comparison is the M5 and the B7. I came out of a 750lix to an M5 and let me tell you that they are in different leagues in terms of dynamics - different planets, and it's not just felt .1% of the time but pretty constantly. The 750 was a bore but super comfortable. The M5 isn't in the same league in terms of comfort. It's not a raw car and it is comfy, but not in the 7 league. Also, in terms of presence, it doesn't have the 7 presence. BUT it is a very fast machine. I was very torn between the B7 and the M5, chose the M5 and still regret it at times.
Finally,I was looking for you to respond.I was looking for a luxury car for the family and a sporty car with a stick for myself.I thought that the m5 with a stick would cover both the needs.I drove an m5 with duct and was disappointed.It does move and turn the right way but everything feels artificial and too heavy for a sports car.At that price I felt that the 750 li would be a better car for the family.I have spoken to few M5 owners who ended up having second thoughts on their choice after the initial excitement faded away.I was wondering about your input about both the cars.I am concerned about the size of the 7 to drive in a small town(,but see people drive huge trucks fine ).
Appreciate 0