View Single Post
      08-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #11
luvthestck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18’ Q7,16'981 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by oryshi View Post
I think that for you the 7 would probably be a better car for the family. obviously it's bigger, more comfortable, etc. I live in LA and there are tons of 5 and 7 series everywhere. The 7 is a striking car and the 5 not so much. But the M5 isn't really a regular 5 series - It is a very advanced performance sedan with power and torque of a supercar. It might take more than a 10 min drive to realize that it had it's own character, and it's personality is much more diverse than the 7. it is a more compelling car to drive daily between the two, but it does have some flaws: the steering, although much more precise and fun than the 7, is rather dead and the suspension is busy and noisy in the rear. I keep the steering in sport plus and the suspension in sport all the time. Also, the car just doesn't make the right noise. The DCT is fantastic, however. What I can tell you for sure is that it isn't a boring car and is quite entertaining due to it's amazing ability to gather up speed at a blink of an eye… The 7 is super refined but isn't fun nor interesting, at least it wasn't for me. It is super competent and super comfortable.
Thanks for your input.I will try to test drive one this weekend[M5 with stick shift is 6hrs away].If i am not impressed will probably end up with a car with auto for the family.
Appreciate 0