View Single Post
      08-30-2013, 06:46 AM   #12
luvthestck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18’ Q7,16'981 GTS

I test drove the M5 yesterday with the stick...ummm still not convinced .The fun factor[for me ] is better in the manual.its a little more involving but man the vehicle just cant shrug off its weight.It felt like you are driving a high speed train.Its unbelievably quick and handles pretty well for its weight but between the road noise and the heavy feeling,i just wasn't impressed.When I buy my cars[not the family cruisers]I usually fall in love after the test drive.IMHO a sporty car should make you feel that you are a part of the machine once you sit in it.This one... i tried hard to like it.I had a smile when ever it took the curves[impressive for its size] and that's about it.I even tried the Audi s6.I couldn't turn away from how cheaper the interiors looked compared to a regular 5 series.I am going to test drive a cayman [911 c4s if i can] today.If i like the stick in the porsche I plan to just buy a quite family car[ 5series or 7 series]this time around and start saving for my porshe.In my book I would rather wait and have two cars which do their job well than buy a car that tried to be the jack of all trades.If the porsche doesnt cut it for me I might end up in the M5.I am only 35 and have a feeling that this would be last chance to own an m5 .I liked the 7 series for what its meant to offer though.Wish me luck finding my next car.This thing for hunting for the next car is taxing and I wish it was easier than this....

Off topic though,,just for the sake of info.when would the new 7 series be released.Is it going to be in 2015 as a 2016 Model?
Appreciate 0