View Single Post
      01-10-2017, 12:31 PM   #9
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Yeah Im also trying to get my stamina up. When i said i havent done much cardio in awhile, i meant it. I was dying in the warmups the other day, and it was also probably the most ive ran combined in a few years.

Ive been doing sprints at least once per week, if not twice depending on the weather. Hard to run sprints when theres snow everywhere. I can at least run distances on the treadmill.

I was a sprinter in school, and have always been a better sprinter than distance guy, so I think eventually, ill get those legs back under me. The running a mile or 2 is more for conditioning so I dont pass out while playing.

My biggest issue is coming up with a legit workout/lifting plan for this. For 10+ years my lifting goals have been bigger/stronger, not necessarily athletic goals. Ive already cut weight down from 200/205 and will probably cut another 10 lbs which should help with speed as well.

Ive read a few articles saying that you should be doing more Olympic lifts vs what you consider "normal" lifts to build athleticism. Any experience in that?
If you google players that play your position, you should be able to find their workouts - though secret things that give them the edge...
One thing just about all the players do is sports massage - seriously a big factor.
Appreciate 0