01-13-2017, 08:23 AM   #19
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Op,

The above is a legit, results focused running work out. This will make you better conditioned and faster, guaranteed.

Pro endurance athletes don't train by mileage they train by time. Training by time makes perfect sense for you since you play a timed game with a typically number of snaps.

In addition to your strength and conditioning you need to work on speed and agility drills. Up, back, side to side, etc... Look up football agility drills.

Plenty of these out there..... and they work.
Yep, started doing agility drills a few weeks ago. Its definitely helping. Just destroys my knee if i take them too fast. need to get that strengthened up. In regards to training by time. the 1-2 miles was as long as i could go at a high level, so thats why i went by distance. I still ride a stationary bike, elliptical or slow jog on a treadmill for 30-60 minutes/day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scostu View Post
Crossfit and yoga..... and throw in some jujutsu.
Ive been doing yoga with the wife the last couple days. Who knew it was that challenging? I think it will definitely help with flexibility though. in lieu of crossfit, ive gone to more olympic lifting. Cleans, snatch, etc. Gives my body a full explosive workout vs area specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
I trained my college roommate for a nfl tryout. Speed you can't teach you have it or you don't. I wouldn't focus on the things you really have no control over. I didn't read really thorough, but I'm not sure what position your trying out for. Slot or db I'm guessing by your body type. You can get stronger, you can work on your hands, you can work on your route running so on so forth. At your age i would focus on the one or two things you do really well and improve on those. You don't really have the time to become complete.
Yes, DB. I was fast in HS/College, but a knee injury slowed me down some, + a decade of drinking. Hands are great with the new gloves they got out there too. With these gloves, there is no excuse for an NFL player to ever drop a ball that they can get a hand on. I was even making Odell style catches out there.

Biggest thing i need to work on is conditioning and speed. Like i said, was fast in HS/College (4.4 fast), so i think with enough training i can get to a respectable level (4.6/4.7). Considering the one i ran at 5.01 was the 1st real 40 ive ran in 10 years, im sure i can not a few tenths off it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntDX316 View Post
If you want to be better overall then you need to do other exercises than strength. Functional exercises such as segmental stabilization exercises. Separate the upper torso from the lower. They should be working independant and the 1 leg standing. I think strength training if not sport specific is really for the look but the function can mean nothing w/o the proper transision timings working in harmony.

There are a lot of driver specific trainings out on the intenet to make anyone a better driver.
I did work in some single leg exercises this week. It is more to do with strengthening a bad knee, but Ill see what else I can do for stabilization exercises.
Appreciate 2
Mr Tonka6058.00