Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figurka View Post
Yep, because the typical BMW customer is missing a oil pressure gauge ��
Somewhat agreed regarding oil pressure -- but not coolant or oil temperature. For a 'Sport' cluster, these things should be, IMHO, mandatory -- even if it's a 'padded' reading.

At least make it configurable like Porsche and Audi do, so the customer has the choice to display it or not. As it is now, keeping track of stuff like that means shelling out several hundred for an aftermarket OBD-II solution, which no customer of a sport-oriented car should have be forced to do to monitor the car.

EDIT: Actually, I'll expand that statement: No customer of a vehicle that could be operated under heavy load should have be forced to buy an aftermarket gauge solution. The reason I expanded the statement: Pickup trucks. Most full-size trucks have a full complement of gauges because it's a reasonable assumption that the truck will be used for more than light duty: hauling, towing, and the like. Isn't is also a reasonable assumption that a sport-oriented car like, say, an M2 would also be used for more than light duty (i.e., track, backroads driving, etc.)?

Last edited by Viffermike; 04-19-2018 at 02:21 PM..
Appreciate 1
Remonster824.00