View Single Post
      02-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #9
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

@Whoopsy: In general I agree with you, however the notion that the LWB version is only for those that get driven around is nonsense.

I currently drive a 750i (SWB) individual fully loaded with every available option. Unfortunately the xDrive and/or B7 versions weren't even available in the F01/F02 style at the time I ordered and took delivery of my car.

I end up driving either my family or business associates in my car quite often, so the LWB version would be better then the SWB version for those occasions. I do like the SWB and the sportiness it provides and also LOVE the IAS (Integrated Active Steering) system that is unfortunately not available on the xDrive versions. The B7 in LWB version will give me a compromise between being sporty but still give me the extra space for my rear seat passengers!

My wife has her seat (passenger seat) almost all the way in the back position and my youngest daughter usually sits behind her and every single time she gets in she tends to hit/kick the backside of the passenger seat with her shoes or boots. It's annoying (especially in the winter time with all the bloody salt) since I have to clean it quite often! So again, the LWB version would benefit this situation a LOT better.

I would order the 760 in a heartbeat IF they would offer it in xDrive version!

My comment about BMW Canada's decision to import the B7 was that they should have offered or imported the SWB AND LWB xDrive versions not just the SWB version.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0