View Single Post
      06-01-2016, 07:52 AM   #35
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

I briefly considered it when looking for my last car. Then, factoring in how it looks, what it comes with, being slightly overweight and the mpg and my 15,000 miles a year decided it wasn't for me.

The lower price compared to the ATS V-6 I bought didn't look as good when I compared the mpg -

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find....36735&id=37166

Estimated at today's gas prices it would cost another $1150 a year, over my planned ownership of 7 years a total of $8,050, then the chance that a few years from now gas prices will be significantly higher than they are today. Yes I could afford it but adding another $8k in gas costs while I own the car makes it look like less of a great deal and I didn't want to be the guy complaining about $4 gas while driving one of the worst mpg cars made.

If they put the Camaro SS engine (40 hp more and I believe cylinder deactivation) and transmission in the car the performance would go up and the mpg would also. Camaro SS 17 city /28 hwy, SS 14/22 city hwy.