View Single Post
      06-27-2016, 02:26 PM   #23
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I am speaking of the entire EU as a whole not just GB... I am not sure how anyone could think that the assimilation of 30 different countries with different languages, banking systems, transportation systems, roads, cultures and economic status would be a good idea? At its core, perhaps an OK idea... in reality, an awful idea that has caused both massive emigration, immigration problems, currency issues, cost of living issues... unequal access to markets and favoritism of the wealthier nations. The moment a country accepts the Euro, everything gets more expensive, earnings for most individuals do not go up... simply because one cannot compare the economic prowess of a nation like Germany to say perhaps Poland that cannot as easily accept all of these demanded / required changes. I think the UK and its people got tired of this...

two words why it was a good idea: free trade.

The only major issue is the lack of control of governmental budgets and debt loads. That was the issue EU never resolved upon forming the union and still obviously have problems with.

All other "issues" you brought up are the effects of the budgetary issues.