View Single Post
      06-27-2016, 05:58 PM   #43
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Who ever said free trade benefitted everyone? When there are barriers to trade such as tariffs, currency rate fluctuations, restrictions of workers' movements, different regulatory and legal regimes, that's NOT free trade.

I don't have any stuff on EU's union, but here are some reading materials how on net NAFTA was better for America and everyone. This is just effects of a similar close economic integration before free trade pacts, and US/Mexico/Canada doesn't have integration of monetary policy and workforce travel. There are benefits of just removed trade tariffs.

http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/a...utweigh-costs/
http://www.economist.com/news/leader...-deeper-better

I'm sorry, if your or your family's jobs were effected my it moving to Mexico or Canada, sorry, that's just how free trade works. Perhaps learn to code?

American core competencies isn't making widgets on the cheap. It's providing higher value services
I've got so much to say that my keyboard literally doesn't have enough characters...

The part that you fail to understand is that anything and I mean anything can be outsourced, there may be minor legal and medical exceptions but as a whole, nearly everything can be outsourced for pennies on the dollar. You mention coding, which is arguably one of the easiest things to outsource that both China and India will gladly do for you fractions that we will... or perhaps the AI bots that are starting to code for themselves and a prediction for an over abundance of SW engineers will soon hit... or the fact that many corporate / economic leader says that College Education will soon have little value... It is up to the individual nations to incentivize their population to stay, do business with the country, increase their own manufacturing and be as independent as possible... this is what truly allows a nation to grow... the further we go up the former direction, the deeper trouble we get in... a European Union has basically allowed any individual in any member nation to go work in any nation no questions asked.... now what do you suppose this will do the poorer off nations?... sry, it's not an economic union... its an agreement that works to the favor of the wealthy
Appreciate 1