BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

05-20-2024, 11:26 AM   #1
busterdan
Rep
Drives: 2024 X1 xDrive 23i M Sport

Upper Dash replacement on 2024 X1 (u11) - How difficult?

Hi,

A few days ago I posted this message in the X1/u11 forum.

https://u11.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2104278

My dealer has agreed to submit a warranty claim to BMW But they have urged me too think about the scale of the job and potential for more issues to result in them ripping out my dashboard.

So I wondered if anyone here had technical knowledge, experience or maybe access to BMW's information that might support their caution or confirm if the replacement could be quite simple. The stitching/finish is poorly finished/quality but I don't want to create other problems. I just wondered how big a job it might be for my local dealer to do.

If you can offer any information then I'd be grateful.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2024, 07:48 AM   #2
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
It looks much more dramatic in the first two photos than in the second two photos. I think the angle in the first two exaggerate its appearance. In the second two photos it looks much more minor. You dealer is correct. You risk opening a whole new can of worms. I would not do it!!
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

05-22-2024, 08:23 AM   #3
busterdan
Rep
Drives: 2024 X1 xDrive 23i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
It looks much more dramatic in the first two photos than in the second two photos. I think the angle in the first two exaggerate its appearance. In the second two photos it looks much more minor. You dealer is correct. You risk opening a whole new can of worms. I would not do it!!
Thanks for the reply, interestingly my dealer now seems more keen to "explore" the option of replacement, whereas I am less bothered.

I have added an update on my earlier thread (link above) but have also copied it below....

Quote:
An update on the dash, I've just about decided that it's not worth having the upper dash replaced as it may fix one problem and create others. Also my dealer doesn't seem to really be able to provide any actual guidance on how easier or not it would be to do. Despite this they want the car in so that they can assess the car (presumably send photo's and discuss the problem with BMW). At that point they will let me know what their opinion is (if it can be done, the risks etc.) From my perspective whatever they do I want the car to be perfect as it should have been, if they can't reassure of that then I'll accept it as it is and expect BMW to compensate me. I think the dealer wants to avoid me going down the complaint/compensation route as it may affect their customer service/sales bonuses (even though the problem is not of their making, it's BMW poor quality control).
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2024, 09:39 PM   #4
carseatsm5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

That is super super minor wouldn’t even consider replacement.
Appreciate 1