BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

07-30-2023, 01:18 AM   #1
Laguna Beach
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i7 M60 Sport Pro

trading up to a 70 from a 60?

Anyone need more speed than the 60? Other than 1 second faster does the 70 have any more ‘M” ifications? Bigger breaks? Stiffer suspension?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2023, 01:37 AM   #2
rollingtaser
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i7 M70, SL63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Beach View Post
Anyone need more speed than the 60? Other than 1 second faster does the 70 have any more ‘M” ifications? Bigger breaks? Stiffer suspension?
for me the 4.7s (0-100 km/h) is not acceptable... and for a full electric car playing in the upper league 3.7s is slow - even the ne electric smart from brabus does 3.4s...

but - this is just me! how i drive? i drive every car like a porsche on a track...
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2023, 11:45 AM   #3
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Having an iX M60 for 9 months before the i7 x60, I can tell you the 7er is noticeably slower in all modes. If I wasn’t ruined by having the iX first, I likely wouldn’t be wanting for more speed.

On the other hand, I feel the i7 x60 is already at the top of my comfort level of price, and the delta to the M70 isn’t worth the coin in my opinion, atleast for me personally.

Also, looking at options for replacing Tiguans for my work. Having recently driven the VW id4 as a replacement option for those work vehicles, other EV options are MUCH slower. Also VWs “B-Mode” is terrible and doesn’t allow adjustment of regen and requires the use of brake pedal in most stops
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2023, 12:43 AM   #4
Laguna Beach
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i7 M60 Sport Pro

If it’s just faster I’m not sure it’s a great fit though. You say you drive everything like a Porsche? Not your S500 though right? This is a heavy beast. Faster in a straight line is just that. Unless brakes and suspension are M this thing is gonna be a freight train hard to stop being 1000 pounds more than a Taycan. If I wasn’t 6’5 I’d really look at the Taycan. Had a grin ear to ear driving it. But… man I feel so relaxed and comfortable in the i7. It’s is the best application or fit for an EV drivetrain I’ve seen.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2023, 01:21 AM   #5
rollingtaser
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i7 M70, SL63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Beach View Post
If it’s just faster I’m not sure it’s a great fit though. You say you drive everything like a Porsche? Not your S500 though right? This is a heavy beast. Faster in a straight line is just that. Unless brakes and suspension are M this thing is gonna be a freight train hard to stop being 1000 pounds more than a Taycan. If I wasn’t 6’5 I’d really look at the Taycan. Had a grin ear to ear driving it. But… man I feel so relaxed and comfortable in the i7. It’s is the best application or fit for an EV drivetrain I’ve seen.
it's just faster... and yes, it's to be discussed if that is necessary. no it isn't. if you are reasonable don't get the m70...

correct, the S500 has to go round corners near it's limit. roundabaouts, mountains, motorway entrance (not all the time, only when in the mood)... i'm not driving fast per se, driving straight lines fast is not fun. it's also nearly no fun driving the panamera. it's boring in the sense that the speed limit kills the joy. with the S500 you have to know what you do when pushing it through a roundabout... this absolutely not means that the porsche is boring to drive - i hope you get me?

driving straight lines (motorway and such), there i want the comfort and the de-coupling from the road and glide instead of drive. but... sometimes...
Appreciate 0