BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

09-16-2011, 12:25 AM   #23
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by juddholland View Post
Have you nothing to whine about? All I wanted was some constructive existentialist conversation.
Welcome to the internet where people use abbreviations for things. I seriously can't believe you get so worked up over people using IMHO. Does LOL, BRB, SRSLY, etc piss you off to no end too? And just because someone used IMHO doesn't mean their opinion is full of crap. People (like me) also use IMHO to mean "in my honest opinion", so you are probably thinking a ton of people mean humble when they don't. There are a million things in the world to worked up about, congrats on finding one of the dumbest.

You want my HO? Chill out.
I was bothered by it today, and I wanted to write about it. The point of things like this is to allow people to say the things that you would normally suppress during the day. Everyone has their angst. This is one of mine. I don't hate all of you, but I think if you're driving a BMW, something of maturity, prestige, responsibility, and luxury, you should use whole words. Save the shorthand for the 160 character text message.

And "in my honest opinion" is a redundancy. If you give your opinion from you formulated by you, it's inarguably the way you feel. Nobody is going to question whether or not your opinion is honest. If it's from you, it's honestly yours.

"In my humble opinion" is a commonly used turn of phrase. "In my honest opinion" is a turn of phrase suffering from severe social affectation (the game of telephone). Some kid heard honest when humble was actually what was said. And the rest is history.

And my post was meant to be a satirical social commentary. It was supposed to make the intellectual part of your brain giggle. But I guess I should evaluate the intellectual ineptitude of my audience before I venture into abstract existentialist principles.

I was not stopping anyone from using IMHO, and in that same way there's room for me to bitch about when people do use it. And I wouldn't dare use the word humble regarding my opinion herein, because my position in moral intellectual society outright exists higher than yours ever will, and I am confident enough in my own intellectual aptitude to say that.

And now I'll probably get flamed for being "out of line" or "obnoxious." But I don't care. My dignity exists intact and prideful, yours falling apart along with that velour couch you have in your studio apartment with wall to wall shag carpet and a laminate-fake-wood kitchen floor. Enjoy being stupid and underprivileged. Capitalism had to work out for someone; I'm just thrilled it was me.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 12:28 AM   #24
Forcefed3
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [1.00]
OP, you are a terrible poster.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 12:28 AM   #25
driersheets
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
I was bothered by it today, and I wanted to write about it. The point of things like this is to allow people to say the things that you would normally suppress during the day. Everyone has their angst. This is one of mine. I don't hate all of you, but I think if you're driving a BMW, something of maturity, prestige, responsibility, and luxury, you should use whole words. Save the shorthand for the 160 character text message.

And "in my honest opinion" is a redundancy. If you give your opinion from you formulated by you, it's inarguably the way you feel. Nobody is going to question whether or not your opinion is honest. If it's from you, it's honestly yours.

"In my humble opinion" is a commonly used turn of phrase. "In my honest opinion" is a turn of phrase suffering from severe social affectation (the game of telephone). Some kid heard honest when humble was actually what was said. And the rest is history.

And my post was meant to be a satirical social commentary. It was supposed to make the intellectual part of your brain giggle. But I guess I should evaluate the intellectual ineptitude of my audience before I venture into abstract existentialist principles.

I was not stopping anyone from using IMHO, and in that same way there's room for me to bitch about when people do use it. And I wouldn't dare use the word humble regarding my opinion herein, because my position in moral intellectual society outright exists higher than yours ever will, and I am confident enough in my own intellectual aptitude to say that.

And now I'll probably get flamed for being "out of line" or "obnoxious." But I don't care. My dignity exists intact and prideful, yours falling apart along with that velour couch you have in your studio apartment with wall to wall shag carpet and a laminate-fake-wood kitchen floor. Enjoy being stupid and underprivileged. Capitalism had to work out for someone; I'm just thrilled it was me.

CSB, SAD
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 12:32 AM   #26
Forcefed3
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 335i  [1.00]
Quote:

I was looking through your posts. Thats a cute X3 you have. How do you like it? Im thinking about getting one for my mom.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 12:32 AM   #27
HaZe_X
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

n01 hre givs a flyN fuk
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 12:35 AM   #28
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcefed3 View Post
OP, you are a terrible poster.
I need not explain myself any further. You have proven yourself entirely inept. MODS you can close this thread if you must. It was a mistake executing a social experiment on couch potatoes and middle aged men too steadfast to their early twenties.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 12:39 AM   #29
Forcefed3
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 335i  [1.00]
Quote:
I need not explain myself any further. You have proven yourself entirely inept. MODS you can close this thread if you must. It was a mistake executing a social experiment on couch potatoes middle aged men too steadfast to their early twenties.
Most of the people on here are not middle aged.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 12:40 AM   #30
Forcefed3
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 335i  [1.00]
Are you Judd Holland the 17 year old photographer from Chicago?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 12:42 AM   #31
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcefed3 View Post
Are you Judd Holland the 17 year old photographer from Chicago?
Nope.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 02:48 AM   #32
gun6slinger9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 428xi

CSB but IMHO U Shld STFU
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 03:25 AM   #33
WWONG
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 xDrive35d

This thread is troll heaven.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 03:26 AM   #34
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

IMHO op can't handle a forum. So with that said GTFOF
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 03:47 AM   #35
FDM68
Captain
Wake Island
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i

4 OP (for the original poster) YM (you mad)...HM (he Mad) HAHAHAHA (hahahaha)
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 05:00 AM   #36
asian010
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

/cry
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 06:30 AM   #37
Bimmer84
Guardian of the Night
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i M Sport Coupe

Garage List
2010 335i E92  [7.50]
IJFPMLTYC... I just fucking pissed myself listening to your complaint...

So, IMHO.. LOL

2010 335i M Sport Coupe -- Black Sapphire Metallic|Coral Red|Loaded|JB4 Stage 3|BMS DCI|VRSF DPs|Camaross 6k AE|Performance Gloss Black Grilles|CF Performance Spoiler|CF Quad Diffuser|Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips|CF Roundels|Smoked Reflectors|Red Cyba Scoops|193s Painted Lamborghini Metallic Dark Gray

Last edited by Bimmer84; 09-16-2011 at 06:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 06:48 AM   #38
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Worst thread ever...

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 07:05 AM   #39
Gregxi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535xi

OP should have all the wine coolers out of his system by now.
I doubt he is as impressed with his work as he was last night
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 07:22 AM   #40
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
I don't hate all of you, but I think if you're driving a BMW, something of maturity, prestige, responsibility, and luxury, you should use whole words. Save the shorthand for the 160 character text message.
You drive an X3... High school girls from my hometown get those as first cars. You don't drive a Bentley or a Rolls. Use that "intellectual" mind of yours and realize this is a goddamn internet forum. We're not writing college essays here.

Quote:
1) I have a black leather couch, normal carpet, and a 3 bedroom apartment. Suck it.

2) If you have to use big words in an attempt to prove to people how intellectual you are, tell people how "privileged" and "humble" you are, and then go on rants insulting anyone who dare say something against you, then I got news for you. You aren't a true intellectual nor very humble (driving an X3 hardly makes you privileged), you're just another snob that thinks driving a BMW somehow makes them better than the next person.
      09-16-2011, 07:25 AM   #41
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

What's with the spray bottle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 07:30 AM   #42
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
What's with the spray bottle?
The kitten tries to eat the older cat's food at dinner time. So I use it to nail her while I'm working on the couch.
      09-16-2011, 07:35 AM   #43
Gregxi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
The kitten tries to eat the older cat's food at dinner time. So I use it to nail her while I'm fapping on the couch.
fixed
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 07:36 AM   #44
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Ugh I've already fucking apologized for this and I'm having the thread taken down. I had a bad day and I took it out on you guys in the form of a series of ill-advised, arbitrarily written paragraphs. I'm sorry.

Now if you'll Excuse me. I'm going to move on from this now.

I won't be posting new threads in the Off-Topic any more. If I wasn't humble before, you guys certainly know how to bring a guy down from the clouds.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread