BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

05-01-2024, 04:48 PM   #111
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
I've lived all over, just currently in the Seattle area. Most of my time was spent on the east coast. Only here for the mountains, don't necessarily care for the politics. But yes, I have seen dudes dressed like this. Also seen (not unattractive) women walking down the street in Seattle topless. it's wild out here.

I just let others live their own life. Letting his outfits bother me only hurts me. Dude does whatever he wants, he doesn't care what anyone thinks. Maybe that's what everyone finds threatening?

I wouldn't wear most of the things that he does, but I think it's cool seeing someone not just putting on their uniform and getting in line.
I'd still like to see him walk into my barber shop wearing a man dress

I hardly think I'm interfering with hammy's life clowning him in a random internet forum. It's just for fun, my fun. To be clear I'd never be disrespectful in person. Other than his eco-warrior crap hammy seems like quite a nice person.
Appreciate 3
dfox1077.50
M5Rick66314.50
      05-02-2024, 11:24 AM   #112
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
I'd still like to see him walk into my barber shop wearing a man dress

I hardly think I'm interfering with hammy's life clowning him in a random internet forum. It's just for fun, my fun. To be clear I'd never be disrespectful in person. Other than his eco-warrior crap hammy seems like quite a nice person.
That's fair.
Appreciate 3
      05-02-2024, 02:37 PM   #113
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
That's fair.
In all fairness, speaking of barbershops, I drive up in a BMW and don't fish or deer hunt. They look at me like I'm an alien

I dare not speak of F1 instead of NASCAR
Appreciate 3
M5Rick66314.50
dfox1077.50
      05-02-2024, 04:18 PM   #114
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Ham did a interview where he talks about his outfit selection. A lot of it is up and coming designers, where his (publicist?) picks the outfits to give them exposure.
As long 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2024, 04:53 PM   #115
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
In all fairness, speaking of barbershops, I drive up in a BMW and don't fish or deer hunt. They look at me like I'm an alien

I dare not speak of F1 instead of NASCAR
Yeah, i know what that's like. First year of college was out in rural PA. I tried to blend in. I joined a Nascar fantasy league. Tried to tolerate all of the country music. Went hunting. Pretended to like fishing... lol. Fun times.
Appreciate 3
      05-12-2024, 04:20 PM   #116
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

HAM bout to lose some money on F1 film?

https://f1lead.com/formula-1/f1-film...wdRX7kq6bet9r5
Appreciate 2
M5Rick66314.50
      05-13-2024, 04:52 AM   #117
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
HAM bout to lose some money on F1 film?

https://f1lead.com/formula-1/f1-film...wdRX7kq6bet9r5
Film is not even named yet and his move to Ferrari later may have thrown a spanner in the works.
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2024, 08:45 AM   #118
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Film is not even named yet and his move to Ferrari later may have thrown a spanner in the works.
Yeah . LEW is always a very special scenario

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick66314.50
      05-23-2024, 07:57 AM   #119
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

Name:  WhatsApp_Mercedes_F1.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  19.9 KB
Appreciate 2
M5Rick66314.50
      05-23-2024, 02:53 PM   #120
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
That's just wrong
Appreciate 2
M5Rick66314.50
      05-23-2024, 03:36 PM   #121
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Old video but I've never used WhatsApp

Don't know why I would

Appreciate 1
      05-30-2024, 02:22 AM   #122
ChrisM4
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The Ferrari clown strategy screwed Sainz just too hard...

I can hear the 'Italian Ferrari pitwall strategy already for LEW :

Ferrari : BOX...BOX...BOX ! But not yet !
LEW : Guys WTF ? What ? When ?
Ferrari : We'll come back to you ...
LEW : It feels like my rear end gets looser !
Ferrari : Bellissima ! Mama Mia ! Santissima Vergine Maria !
LEW : I don't know man .That sounds like a pizza to me , man WTF ! I need 4 FKN new tires ASAP.
Ferrari : Please wait ...............We are looking !

This killed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Translation: instead of using my private jet for 100 trips a year, I repress myself and only take 80 trips.

Nothing against Hamilton specifically, but it's hilarious to see people whose carbon footprint in a year is a typical person's lifetime footprint talk about environmental topics.
It’s ridiculous…It’s like listening to DiCaprio pontificate on while he flies around to different properties and floats on his mega-yacht. STFU and practice what you preach.
      05-30-2024, 08:53 AM   #123
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM4 View Post
This killed me

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick66314.50
      05-30-2024, 09:13 AM   #124
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Old video but I've never used WhatsApp

Don't know why I would

Me
Appreciate 2
      05-31-2024, 11:35 AM   #125
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep

Only time I've ever used it is when traveling out of the country. It's often really easy to get a hold of local businesses with whatsapp... for example, it was really easy to schedule a cab when I was in mexico recently via whatsapp. I speak basic spanish, but have a hard time with faster speaking natives, so calling for a cab and dealing with poor reception, etc., texting was so much easier. we were also able to whatsapp the cafe at the base of our rental and they would deliver us coffee and pastries in the morning.

so I can sorta understand sponsoring it, the aim isn't at the US market.
Appreciate 2
      06-04-2024, 08:35 PM   #126
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

I think #FerrariFred just publicly disrespected SAI

Ferrari boss Fred Vasseur asserts that Lewis Hamilton's arrival poses no risk of him and Charles Leclerc taking points off each other and affecting the team's Formula 1 title aspirations.
Asked about the possibility of Hamilton/Leclerc potentially hampering each other, Vasseur said:
“I don't think so, because I think you have a kind of mutual benefit into the team, and we are getting probably more points with two drivers than with one and a half.”
“This is a positive move from the performance point of view, and part of our result today is also coming from the fact that we have a good emulation between Carlos and Charles - that they are pushing each other.”
“As soon as one is a step down, the other one is there to get results and he is waking up the first one. It's like this if you have a look from the beginning of last year.”
“I am really convinced that I prefer having two strong ones than not. For sure, you can imagine the fact that you have two drivers and a potential of points for the team you are speaking about two.”
“But I am sure that the potential of points for the team with two good drivers is much higher than with one and a half. That's my view.”
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2024, 01:40 AM   #127
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
I think #FerrariFred just publicly disrespected SAI

Ferrari boss Fred Vasseur asserts that Lewis Hamilton's arrival poses no risk of him and Charles Leclerc taking points off each other and affecting the team's Formula 1 title aspirations.
Asked about the possibility of Hamilton/Leclerc potentially hampering each other, Vasseur said:
“I don't think so, because I think you have a kind of mutual benefit into the team, and we are getting probably more points with two drivers than with one and a half.”
“This is a positive move from the performance point of view, and part of our result today is also coming from the fact that we have a good emulation between Carlos and Charles - that they are pushing each other.”
“As soon as one is a step down, the other one is there to get results and he is waking up the first one. It's like this if you have a look from the beginning of last year.”
“I am really convinced that I prefer having two strong ones than not. For sure, you can imagine the fact that you have two drivers and a potential of points for the team you are speaking about two.”
“But I am sure that the potential of points for the team with two good drivers is much higher than with one and a half. That's my view.”
One and a half? Fred is nothing but a toa rag and a stooge for the 10% owner man..(on the phone:I say this? ok I say it I want to keep job). Ferrari is my second fave team but this is not acceptable.
Appreciate 3
      06-06-2024, 12:18 PM   #128
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep

Calling Sainz, who has 2 of the last 3 Ferrari GP wins, only a 1/2 of a driver... that's pretty bold.

Honestly, I feel like the situation is the exact opposite of what Fred is saying - they're going from 2 drivers down to 1-1/2 when they swap Hamilton in for Sainz...

I feel like there must be some things going on in the background. Maybe Sainz isn't a great team player? Maybe he's aggressive and angry towards engineers/mechanics? Because he's not a 1/2 of a driver on track.
Appreciate 3
      06-06-2024, 12:49 PM   #129
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Calling Sainz, who has 2 of the last 3 Ferrari GP wins, only a 1/2 of a driver... that's pretty bold.

Honestly, I feel like the situation is the exact opposite of what Fred is saying - they're going from 2 drivers down to 1-1/2 when they swap Hamilton in for Sainz...

I feel like there must be some things going on in the background. Maybe Sainz isn't a great team player? Maybe he's aggressive and angry towards engineers/mechanics? Because he's not a 1/2 of a driver on track.
I get it - you guys hate Ham because he won for so long - but to claim that he is Half the driver Saiz is?

That’s literally the most ridiculous thing in here. The guy was almost 2nd in WDC while having the 4th best car just last season. He won 7 - not one, not two, not four - 7 drivers championships with 2 more that could have gone either way. It’s not luck, they guy is the most successful driver in F1 ever.

And he’s HALF the driver Sainz is? Ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2024, 02:24 PM   #130
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
I get it - you guys hate Ham because he won for so long - but to claim that he is Half the driver Saiz is?

That’s literally the most ridiculous thing in here. The guy was almost 2nd in WDC while having the 4th best car just last season. He won 7 - not one, not two, not four - 7 drivers championships with 2 more that could have gone either way. It’s not luck, they guy is the most successful driver in F1 ever.

I have no Hamilton hate. None at all. In 20 years do I think we'll look back and say Sainz was a better driver overall than Hamilton? Not at all. But at this moment in time, I think Sainz is the better driver. Hamilton's time has come and gone. He peaked. He's still decent and better than most on the grid, but there are drivers on the grid better than him at this point in his career.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2024, 02:43 PM   #131
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I have no Hamilton hate. None at all. In 20 years do I think we'll look back and say Sainz was a better driver overall than Hamilton? Not at all. But at this moment in time, I think Sainz is the better driver. Hamilton's time has come and gone. He peaked. He's still decent and better than most on the grid, but there are drivers on the grid better than him at this point in his career.
Sainz lost to Ham last year in a better car - he literally DESTROYED Russell when he wasn't "testing" set up. This year, Mercedes is a distant 4th best manufacture on the grid, and Ham has all but checked out. I'm not sure how anyone can conclude that Ham is washed.
As long 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2024, 03:03 PM   #132
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post

Reference my original post #FerrariFred was inferring the opposite. Sainz was being described as 1/2 a driver compared to HAM. My complaint is SAI is the perfect teammate. Why screw it up now

HAM isn't a team player. My guess is he will only cause friction and heartburn at Ferrari

Once again, I don't HATE HAM!!!! It''s just wrong place wrong time.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick66314.50