BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > Classifieds: For Sale / Trade / Wanted

08-15-2016, 11:19 AM   #67
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Overview:
- Gloss black vinyl roof wrap
- Gloss black rock / stone guard

This white Porsche Panamera is another previous customer of mine. Seems like I have a lot of previous/return customers bringing in new/different cars to have vinyl work done to them, which is always a good sign that they were happy with the work done previously. For this Porsche Panamera, I wrapped the roof in gloss black and also freehand traced the faded side rear rock/stone guard piece. The car came with a factory clear stone guard film on there, but over time it had faded and turned yellow, so the owner of the car wanted me to wrap it in gloss black to match the rest of the black/white theme already on the car. I actually went out to the location of the car to do this install, as part of my mobile services that I have begun to offer.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2016, 11:53 AM   #68
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Gloss black window trim wrap
- Gloss black front grill surround vinyl wrap

Even with this fairly stock white Lexus IS350 or IS250, after blacking out the chrome window trim and front grill, it really cleaned up the look of the car. The blacked out chrome trim pieces compliments the rest of the car fairly nicely. The owner of this car was from Cerritos and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to get the vinyl work done. For this particular car, we also went with the gloss black finish over the matte black finish for the chrome pieces.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2016, 10:17 PM   #69
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- 3M gloss carbon fiber rear spoiler vinyl wrap
- 3M gloss carbon fiber lower rear bumper diffuser vinyl wrap

Sometimes wraps can allow for certain parts on the car to blend in better, while other times wraps can add contrast to a car in positive ways. In the case of this Audi A7 sedan, instead of the typical blacking out of the chrome, etc, I ended up wrapping the rear integrated spoiler and lower rear diffuser in the 3M gloss carbon fiber vinyl finish. Since the car is already a dark color, the addition of these carbon fiber wrapped pieces still blends in with the car fairly well, but also still provides a noticeable contrast against the black color of the car. The owner of this car was from Pasadena / Los Angeles area and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 12:27 PM   #70
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Surprisingly, this is becoming more of a common occurrence, even on fairly new cars (5-7 years old). I used to see this kind of issue more on Hondas and Acuras, but apparently a lot of black BMW E60 5 series have been showing up with similar issues in their paint. This black BMW E60 550 sedan had me wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material to help cover up the oxidizing and fading factory paint. The gloss black wrap is a fairly close match to the gloss jet black finish of the BMW’s factory paint, making this a cheaper alternative to having to repaint the whole roof. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from Oceanside / San Diego to have the vinyl wrap done on his roof.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 11:52 AM   #71
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

I do not get to post as many installed interior car wraps mainly because actually most of my interior wraps are from non-local members who ship me their interior trim pieces to wrap.

However, in this case, the owner of this E90 328i sedan came by to have me take care of every part of the process of the interior wrap for their car. Every piece that is being wrapped is removed from the car and individually wrapped. I take special care and attention to the rounded corners and edges of every piece, to make sure the vinyl will hold up over time.

For the interior of this car, we went with the 3M gloss carbon fiber finish, to give it that factory BMW carbon fiber interior look that’s typically available as an option or more commonly seen on E90 and E92 M3s. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from near Mission Viejo to have the vinyl car wrap done on the interior.

I tried to take some pictures of the interior indoors and outdoors to give a better perspective of how the material looks in different lighting. However, some of the pictures didn’t come out as well as I had hoped, but hopefully you guys are still able to see the details of the wrap.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 12:24 PM   #72
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

I am posting back to back interior pictures, but it is because I have a lot of people asking me if they should go with the 3M 1080 carbon finish or the 3M di-noc finish for their cars, so this will be a good side by side comparison for those who have the same questions.

Overview:
- 3M Di-noc matte carbon fiber interior wrap

Although most people probably go with the slightly glossier 3M 1080 carbon wrap for their interiors, the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber is still a good option for those who want something that looks/resembles dry carbon more. The size of the weave and color also varies a bit between the two carbon fiber materials offered by 3M as well. For this BMW F10 M5 sedan, we vinyl wrapped the interior with the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber finish vinyl material over the factory wood trim pieces on the car. The blend of the carbon fiber look and the aluminum trim accents compliment each other fairly well I think. The owner of this car was from Los Angeles / Inglewood or Santa Monica and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl wrap work done on his interior.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 07:57 PM   #73
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

For this red Ferrari 458 I plasti dipped the front, rear, and top engine lid emblems/badges. I also blacked out the amber portion on his front bumper with my gloss black vinyl. For such a simple change, it really changed the look of the car quite a bit. Since there were no other chrome pieces on the car, after blacking out those chrome badges, it gave the car a sportier and more aggressive look, while cleaning up overall look of the car as well. The owner of this car was local to me and brought his car out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the plastic dip and vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2016, 10:41 AM   #74
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Gloss black vinyl roof wrap

This is another return customer of mine. I had previously tinted the tail lights and blacked out the chrome window trim. However, this time, the owner of this grey Mercedes CLA 250 sedan had me wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. The gloss black roof is a really nice subtle touch to the car, especially with the darker grey / silver color of the car. The owner of this car was from Fontana / Inland Empire and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl work done on his car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2016, 12:00 PM   #75
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

This is one of the few new BMW F30 silver 328i sedan that I have wrapped with the 3M Di-noc matte carbon fiber finish recently. As you can see, the finish/look of the cf vinyl roof changes depending on the angle that you are looking at it and how the light reflects off of it. The matte carbon roof complimented the darker colored wheels that were on the car fairly well. The pictures don't do it much justice, since I was mainly focusing on capturing an accurate portrayal of the roof vs the finish of the wheels. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have his roof wrapped.

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 03:55 PM   #76
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

It's that time again. I am making tentative plans on making a trip up to San Francisco/San Jose/Bay Area to do vinyl wraps again. Looking at possibly being up there possibly between January 1 - January 8th. I will make an official thread once the details are finalized.

Send me an e-mail at Don@WannabeRacer.com to get a quote for some vinyl work or plasti dip work!

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2016, 03:25 PM   #77
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Gloss black vinyl wrap over oxidized/faded carbon fiber

Commonly enough, carbon fiber pieces can start to fade and oxidize, leaving an ugly and less than desirable appearance. The owner of this black E46 325i sedan came by to have me vinyl wrap the top of his faded carbon fiber trunk in my gloss black vinyl material. The trunk had actually deteriorated enough that the top gel coat near the edge of the trunk actually had “fallen” off. I have quite a few people ask me how vinyl looks like when applied over a rough or uneven surface, so I think these pictures will really be able to show you guys how the resulting finished product looks like. The owner of this car was from Torrance / Los Angeles and came out to me in Orange County to have the vinyl wrap work done.

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 08:48 PM   #78
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Gloss black window trim
- Gloss black rear trunk bar
- Tinted / smoked rear tail lights

For this black Mercedes Benz S550, I blacked out the chrome window trim, rear trunk bar, and also lightly tinted the rear tail lights. The changes to the car cleaned up the lines of the car greatly and really worked well with the tinted windows and black wheels. It was almost a must needed to do thing for this car. The car still maintained some of the factory chrome pieces, so that it still provided a good balance and contrast to the car. The owner of this car was from Los Angeles / Beverly Hills and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2017, 05:33 PM   #79
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Matte black vinyl roof wrap

Matte black is a good alternative to gloss black wraps for those who want to add a bit more of a contrast to the roof wrap or those who are trying to go for a more aggressive look. The owner of this Acura TSX sedan had me wrap his roof in my matte black vinyl finish. There are a lot of different brands of matte wraps out there, but I think the materials that I use provides one of the nicer shades of matte black, unlike the flat or chalk board looking types of matte wraps out there. The owner of this car was from Hollywood / Los Angeles and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl wrap work done on his car.

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 09:38 PM   #80
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

I am possibly planning a trip out to New Jersey to do some wraps sometime between April - May. If you are in the area and would like to get work done, shoot me a message for more details.

Thanks!

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 11:54 AM   #81
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Carbon fiber roof wrap
- Matte black window trim vinyl wrap
- Matte black door handle inserts vinyl wrap

I wrapped the roof of this car in carbon fiber and blacked out the chrome window trim and door handle inserts in matte black. The following set of pictures will be good for those who want to go with matte black for the window trim or were debating between gloss black or matte black on the window trim. To give the car a more aggressive look, we went with the carbon fiber finish on the roof top. Then to match and compliment the already matte black wheels, we went with matte black on the window trim and door handles. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from Los Angeles / Glendale to have the vinyl work done.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0