BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

09-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #45
hayden
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 750Li

We had a fantastic breakfast downstairs in the hotel this morning. Afterwards we took the subway to the Louvre and spent a few hours taking it all in. (We have both been there before) Nice that the concierge had tickets to everything we want to see - so no need to wait in any ticket lines.

It was funny to see everyone rush in the direction on the Mona Lisa right from the start. Easy to do since they have directional markers posted.

I actually think the Louvre building is prettier than Versailles - and has some amazing rooms. (Nothing compares to the gardens at Versailles however.) In fact, I think the Louvre building is one of the finest works of art of the Louvre!

Although we generally enjoy paintings the most, I find taking pictures of objects and sculptures look better.

A few random things:

And finally, the biggest crowd pleaser:

The photo may remind people just how small it is.

For lunch, we were going to eat at Le Meurice (3 michelin stars) in the hotel of the same name... but we changed our mind and decided we'd save the special meal for dinner. Instead we ate at Le Dali (also at the Le Meurice) which was more casual... but still fantastic. We finished with a strawberry and pistachio sponge cake that had some gold leaf on it! Odd feeling eating real gold... but the cake was incredible.

We came back to the hotel for a nice long rest - and will be heading out to dinner soon. Tonight its Taillevent. It was a 3 star restaurant, but lost its 3rd star in 2007. Good thing since 3 stars require a jacket & tie (2 stars only a jacket) - I didn't even pack a tie.

I have an appointment with TT Car to drop off the car tomorrow at 8AM. I hope to be back to the hotel by about 9:15 - so Mrs. Hayden and I can have breakfast together.

Our last full day tomorrow... we hope to see Montparnasse, the Musee d'Orsay and save the Eiffel Tower for after sunset.

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #46
mtechnik3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Thumbs up Beautiful 7-Series

Congrats, and thanks for sharing. I absolutely love your color combo.
      09-08-2009, 03:08 AM   #47
hayden
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Just returned from dropping off the car. I got up at 6:45 and drove off at about 7. Figuring I had about 15 minutes of extra time or so - I drove by a few of the sights again. Here is the Lourvre at sunrise:

I asked the valet to have the car washed yesterday... they did a good job. (This was only the 2nd wash - the first was at the Dolder Grand in Zurich... also from the valet)

I arrived at TT Car at almost exactly 8. I walked inside and showed my BMW folder. They pointed me in the direction of a back office. (My guess is either the Manager or a Harms rep) I handed over the docs - he took the entire folder.

The rep was not friendly at all. No pleasantries, no smile, nothing. He had someone go out and check the mileage. He printed out a "Car Delivery Receipt" for me and asked me to sign in several places. He showed me the damage form and said "No damage". (Didn't bother to check) I said I'd like to note a few chips on the rear bumper.

I asked if the car would be trucked to Munich or Bremerhaven? (Bremerhaven direct). I asked when the next truck was scheduled for? (Shrug... maximum of 7 days)

I was done in 8 minutes. They provided me a shuttle to the train station (seeing the traffic in the direction of Paris was reason enough not to take a taxi)... and I was back in the room at 9:30.

A final goodbye from inside the shuttle:

Time for breakfast!

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 10:32 AM   #48
Delirious
Registered
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: F01

Great joutney! I envy you...but in good sense. It looks like to be ver exiting...the whole trip is amazing. And of course, the F01 is perfect. I hpe you will have great time with it. It's really great car!

Congratulations!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 05:57 PM   #49
hayden
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thank you all for the kind comments and support. It was fun to have you all along. We are home now - and back in the swing of things.

After I catch up with work I'll be back to add a summary and some final notes.

I just discovered that I'm scheduled to be on the Goliath Leader - leaving bremerhaven in 5 days!

Scheduled arrival in the US is Oct 11th. Adding 2 weeks for customs, VDC, and dealer redelivery would mean I can expect the car around Oct 25th.

That's a full 2 weeks sooner than I anticipated based on other California delivery times I've seen - and would make my total wait about 47 days.

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #50
GuyOh
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LB M2 / 2020 X5 40i

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
2020 Bmw X5 40i  [0.00]
just cause you are home doesn't mean you cant keep taking photos!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 02:34 AM   #51
Ricard0
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F02 740Li

Hayden, I have to say that this is a brilliant thread. Not only were you fortunate enough to pick your car up from the Welt, but you had the opportunity to traipse around Europe in it. This has put the thought of doing an ED one day in my head, and while some of the places you've been are familiar, there are quite a few that I've yet to visit. Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 01:10 PM   #52
hayden
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Here's my pro and con list...

The Good:
  • Matte wood trim. Enough said.
  • Head-up display is awesome. It's so good there's no need to look anywhere else.
  • iDrive is great. Really really easy to use and full of useful features.
  • The main screen is huge and very crisp.
  • Forward Alert. One of my favorite features. I have it set to "late warning" and it's perfect. It only chimes when it's supposed to. A big safety plus.
  • Dynamic memory buttons. Very cool and full of potential.
  • Blind spot warning system. Works very well and is discreet with slight steering wheel vibration.
  • The Navigation is far superior to anything else I've seen. For example, it even shows you if only 2 of the 5 lanes enable you to connect on the next freeway, etc. I also prefer the way it looks in the head-up display rather than the main cluster.
  • Lots of power when you put the pedal down. (I wish the sound was a little deeper)
  • Love the massaging feature on the driver's seat. It's especially appreciated on long drives. Wish it also massaged your back.
  • "ALL" button on the climate control. Genius.
  • Front center air vents are neat with the ability to provide indirect airflow.
  • Integral Active Steering makes the car feel a lot smaller.
  • Putting the car in sport mode improves handling and stability greatly... also makes the car feel a lot smaller.
  • iPhone integration. Really easy. Keeps me from looking at the phone all the time. (good thing)
  • Adaptive High Beam Assistant works perfectly.
The Bad:
  • A little jerky to accelerate from a stop.
  • Active Cruise Control could be a little smoother. Sometimes the braking and acceleration seem abrupt.
  • Sound system is only adequate. (With the "Premium" package!) I can't imagine anyone not having at least that quality sound in a 7. The package should have provided more.
  • Seats are nice... but why no active side bolsters?
  • You should be able to tap the sunroof button back twice to get the shade and runroof to both retract automatically. Why do I have to wait for the then shade first?
  • The digital screen below the speedometer is a little fuzzy... could be sharper.
  • iPod glitch. It "forgets" the rest of the playlist after every 5-10 starts. I have to go in and reselect the playlist.
  • Lane departure warning... not to be used regularly. It gets annoying. On a late night, however, it could be live saving.
  • Why doesn't the passenger seat have a massage function?
  • If you pull up the driver's window with one-click and then open the door... the window stops going up. Even with the car on and running. Huh?
I'm sure I'm missing a few things...

We’ve been home over a week now and are missing Europe and the 7. It’s comforting knowing that it’s been loaded on its ride home already.

A testament to how much we enjoyed the trip was the fact we had already begun to talk about our next ED in the middle of it! It truly is a fantastic experience. Besides a few issues early on (lost baggage, “controlled” twice by the police) we had an uneventful trip with no serious issues. I can testify that having navigation on the car (as well as the head-up display) simplified things immensely and allowed us to focus on enjoying the view rather than unfolding a giant map every few minutes. I’m experiencing a little sticker shock as the Dollar managed to test a new low just as we were getting ready to come home!

Here were our favorite moments:
  1. Having Peter (Rolf’s associate) pick us up from the Airport, and from the hotel on the morning of the delivery. He had lots of helpful advice (stopped by the ADAC office for toll stickers, vests, etc) and was a bargain. 50 euro to central Munich, 15 euro from central Munich to the Welt.
  2. The entire Welt experience. They really treat you well and make sure you’re totally satisfied.
  3. Our first drive – to Berchtesgaden. Not much traffic… just a nice drive with incredibly beautiful scenery.
  4. The Dolder Grand, Zurich. Someone spent a serious amount of money on this hotel and it shows. The room and spa were both among the best we’ve ever experienced - ever. The staff however, was not. I actually had to complain about some of the staff at check-out. A real shame.
  5. Driving through Switzerland. We thought Bavaria was pretty… parts of Switzerland were gorgeous. In retrospect - the first leg of the trip was by far the most scenic. Later drives tended to be more ordinary highway driving. (It should be said that even that was still pretty compared to So. Cal. freeway driving)
  6. Lake Como. We certainly should have spent another day in Como.
  7. Driving along the Côte d'Azur. We’re pretty spoiled by living next to PCH… but driving along the Côte d'Azur is even prettier. Especially around Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat.
  8. Hotel Métropole, Monte Carlo. I am so glad I changed our reservation from the Hotel de Paris. This newly remodeled hotel is only 1 block away and was absolutely incredible. The staff was the best of the entire trip. The room was beautiful. The dining throughout the hotel was also the best of the trip. (Breakfast, lunch and dinner)
  9. St. Tropez – we should have spent more time there. A great little city with a great genuine atmosphere.
  10. Paris/George V. Paris has so much to do that you can always enjoy yourself – no matter how many times you go back. The George V was a fabulous hotel – and our view had tons of natural light with a great view down Avenue George V.
Of course we would make some modifications given what we’ve learned. Milan would be first on that list of changes. Many people suggested we avoid it – but my wife was dead set on it. I felt that was the least I could do for her. A few hours in Milan are enough. It’s a business city – not a tourist city.

Provence. The idea sounded good, and the photos looked pretty… but we enjoyed the coast so much more and should have spent those nights near the water instead. (St. Tropez maybe?)

We also could have spent a few more days in Munich… but we can always save that for next time!

Hotel Ratings: (rating of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best – all hotels were booked through the Fine Hotels and Resorts program from American Express except in Zurich)

Mandarin Oriental, Munich
Room: Mandarin Superior Jr. Suite – 4 (upgraded at time of booking)
Bathroom: 4.5 (good separate shower)
Staff: 5+
Breakfast: 5+ (absolutely fantastic buffet and a la carte choices – best of the trip by far)
Cost: Very Reasonable
Overall: – We will without a doubt return. It was the best value (room rate) of the entire trip.

The Dolder Grand, Zurich
Room: Jr. Suite Deluxe, Spa Wing – 5 (upgraded at time of booking – virtuoso)
Bathroom: 5 (good separate shower)
Staff: 3 (some were very arrogant)
Breakfast: 2 (a la carte - poor menu with small portions)
Cost: Expensive
Overall:

Villa D’Este, Lake Como
Room: Suite – 4 (upgraded from Jr. Suite Top - room was very dated, but view was a 5!)
Bathroom: 2 (very small and dated, shared shower/tub)
Staff: 4
Breakfast: 4 (buffet)
Cost: Very Expensive
Overall: - Mainly due to the view!

Hotel Principe di Savoia
Room: Elegant Suite – 4 (no upgrade – room somewhat dated, but with intricate woodwork)
Bathroom: 3.5 (separate shower)
Staff: 3
Breakfast: 4 (buffet with a la carte options)
Cost: Reasonable
Overall: (we should have stayed at the Four Seasons or Park Hyatt – or in a whole other city!)

Hotel Métropole (my favorite of the trip)
Room: De Luxe Junior Suite – 5 (upgraded prior to arrival - very elegant and tastefully decorated with modern features)
Bathroom: 5 (separate shower)
Staff: 5+ (exceedingly polite and professional)
Breakfast: 5+ (fantastic in the Joel Robuchon restaurant)
Overall: – The only place to stay in Monte Carlo.

Four Seasons Provence
Room: Premier Four Seasons Executive Suite - 4 (upgraded at time of check in - rather ordinary room)
Bathroom: 4 (separate shower)
Staff: 4.5
Breakfast: 4 (buffet)
Overall: - This resort made us feel as though we were in the US. (Not in a good way) Food selection and taste was poor for every meal.

Chateu de Bagnols
Room: Suite - 4 (upgraded at check-in)
Bathroom: 4 (shower in tub)
Staff: 4.5
Breakfast: 4
Cost: Reasonable
Overall: – A really unique experience.

Four Seasons George V, Paris (my wife's favorite of the trip)
Room: Deluxe Room - 5 (no upgrade, but room was spacious, nicely decorated, and had a great view)
Bathroom: 4.5 (separate shower – only 1 sink with a large vanity)
Staff: 5 (very polite)
Breakfast: 4.5
Cost: Very Expensive
Overall: - Highly recommended.

Favorite Breakfast: Mandarin Oriental, Munich – The selection is enormous. 10 different kinds of juices, a large buffet which included numerous a la carte choices.

Favorite Lunch: Joel Robuchon at the Hotel Métropole, Monte Carlo. Very reasonably priced. Order the famous mashed potatoes on the side.

Favorite Dinner: Le Ciel at the Intercontinental Berchtesgaden / Yoshi at the Hotel Métropole (Tie). Both were phenomenal! (Both were far superior to Taillevent in Paris – and cheaper)

Random Facts:
Total Miles Driven: 1732
Total Fuel Cost: $691.64

I should also say that driving back in the US now is incredibly annoying. (And not because of the speed!) Most American's simply don't know how to drive. The fast (left) lane is intended for passing... which a lot of people just don't get. I never saw anyone (not one person!) pass a car on the right in Europe on the freeway. In the US people will get around you in whatever way possible.

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 04:15 PM   #53
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden View Post
Here's my pro and con list...

The Good:
  • Matte wood trim. Enough said.
  • Head-up display is awesome. It's so good there's no need to look anywhere else.
  • iDrive is great. Really really easy to use and full of useful features.
  • The main screen is huge and very crisp.
  • Forward Alert. One of my favorite features. I have it set to "late warning" and it's perfect. It only chimes when it's supposed to. A big safety plus.
  • Dynamic memory buttons. Very cool and full of potential.
  • Blind spot warning system. Works very well and is discreet with slight steering wheel vibration.
  • The Navigation is far superior to anything else I've seen. For example, it even shows you if only 2 of the 5 lanes enable you to connect on the next freeway, etc. I also prefer the way it looks in the head-up display rather than the main cluster.
  • Lots of power when you put the pedal down. (I wish the sound was a little deeper)
  • Love the massaging feature on the driver's seat. It's especially appreciated on long drives. Wish it also massaged your back.
  • "ALL" button on the climate control. Genius.
  • Front center air vents are neat with the ability to provide indirect airflow.
  • Integral Active Steering makes the car feel a lot smaller.
  • Putting the car in sport mode improves handling and stability greatly... also makes the car feel a lot smaller.
  • iPhone integration. Really easy. Keeps me from looking at the phone all the time. (good thing)
  • Adaptive High Beam Assistant works perfectly.
The Bad:
  • A little jerky to accelerate from a stop.
  • Active Cruise Control could be a little smoother. Sometimes the braking and acceleration seem abrupt.
  • Sound system is only adequate. (With the "Premium" package!) I can't imagine anyone not having at least that quality sound in a 7. The package should have provided more.
  • Seats are nice... but why no active side bolsters?
  • You should be able to tap the sunroof button back twice to get the shade and runroof to both retract automatically. Why do I have to wait for the then shade first?
  • The digital screen below the speedometer is a little fuzzy... could be sharper.
  • iPod glitch. It "forgets" the rest of the playlist after every 5-10 starts. I have to go in and reselect the playlist.
  • Lane departure warning... not to be used regularly. It gets annoying. On a late night, however, it could be live saving.
  • Why doesn't the passenger seat have a massage function?
  • If you pull up the driver's window with one-click and then open the door... the window stops going up. Even with the car on and running. Huh?
I'm sure I'm missing a few things...

We’ve been home over a week now and are missing Europe and the 7. It’s comforting knowing that it’s been loaded on its ride home already.

A testament to how much we enjoyed the trip was the fact we had already begun to talk about our next ED in the middle of it! It truly is a fantastic experience. Besides a few issues early on (lost baggage, “controlled” twice by the police) we had an uneventful trip with no serious issues. I can testify that having navigation on the car (as well as the head-up display) simplified things immensely and allowed us to focus on enjoying the view rather than unfolding a giant map every few minutes. I’m experiencing a little sticker shock as the Dollar managed to test a new low just as we were getting ready to come home!

Thanks Hayden for summing it all up. GREAT writeup. I for one enjoyed reading every post and especially liked the beautiful pictures you posted. Again, thank you so very much!

In regards to some of your findings:

I have to agree with every point you listed in the Good column!

In the Bad column:

The starting from a stop should slowly fade as the car learns your acceleration behavior unless you always accelerate hard and jerky

I agree with you on the Active Cruise Control, I found it a bit abrupt as well, not so much when it was accelerating but rather when it slows you down, but then again, for safety reasons I guess they need to do that when someone pulls right in front of you and the car determins that the distance you selected is far greater than the actual distance to the car that just pulled ahead of you!

I have no complaints about the sound system. It also depends on the quality of the source material that you play. If you play highly compressed files from your iPod/iPhone, then you can't expect the system to do wonders for you. I usually use either uncompressed or loss less type audio files and the playback is awesome. What did you use as reference when you were listening to it and are say that the system could/should be better?

I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to in regards to your active side bolsters comment, but when I get into the car, the seats are 'open' and when I start the car the side bolsters (on the rear seat portion) close to my preferred seat width! At the same time it lowers the steering wheel into position. When I turn the car off, the steering wheel goes up and the side bolsters open up so it's easier to get out of the car.

I agree with you on the sunroof button and it's functionality!

My instrument cluster digital screen isn't fuzzy, in fact it is really sharp and very detailed. Maybe it's a setting in your car? I think the contrast changes with the dashboard illumination setting?!?

I don't use an iPod/iPhone so I can't comment on that. I use a 64GB USB stick that's always plugged into the center arm rest USB.

I always have the lane departure warning enabled and find it quite useful. What you experienced may have something to do with the width of the European streets
Give it another go once you get your car...

Passenger side massage feature. I still don't understand why they offer this feature in Europe and the rest of the world but they don't offer it for the NA market... If you ask me, I think that's ridiculous!

Any window stops it's movement as soon as you open the corresponding door, it does that on mine as well as my wife's BMW. I think that they consider that a safety feature. Goes along the same way as not being able to close the power trunk from the 'open only' button inside the car or from the remote!!!

Anyway, thanks again for all your great pictures
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 04:44 PM   #54
hayden
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks xDrive! Happy to have had you along for the ride. Here are some follow-ups:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
I have no complaints about the sound system. It also depends on the quality of the source material that you play. If you play highly compressed files from your iPod/iPhone, then you can't expect the system to do wonders for you. I usually use either uncompressed or loss less type audio files and the playback is awesome. What did you use as reference when you were listening to it and are say that the system could/should be better?
Totally agree with you. I think the sound is fine... I guess I just expected more (good/great). Especially since the S550 comes with a 600 watt system as standard. I think the term "Premium Sound Package" leaves a certain expectation.

Quote:
I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to in regards to your active side bolsters comment, but when I get into the car, the seats are 'open' and when I start the car the side bolsters (on the rear seat portion) close to my preferred seat width! At the same time it lowers the steering wheel into position. When I turn the car off, the steering wheel goes up and the side bolsters open up so it's easier to get out of the car.
I guess I mean active seats: Side bolsters that inflate/stiffen if you enter a corner aggressively. Do any BMW's have this feature?

Quote:
My instrument cluster digital screen isn't fuzzy, in fact it is really sharp and very detailed. Maybe it's a setting in your car? I think the contrast changes with the dashboard illumination setting?!?
Fuzzy may be a slight exaggeration... I mean to say its not as crisp as the main screen. The resolution is not as high... creating a somewhat "fuzzy" look.

Quote:
I always have the lane departure warning enabled and find it quite useful. What you experienced may have something to do with the width of the European streets
Give it another go once you get your car...
This may also be due to the fact that I don't always signal... leading to a lot of steering wheel vibration! I will definitely turn it on if I'm feeling at all drowsy.

Quote:
Any window stops it's movement as soon as you open the corresponding door, it does that on mine as well as my wife's BMW. I think that they consider that a safety feature. Goes along the same way as not being able to close the power trunk from the 'open only' button inside the car or from the remote!!!
This sounds like a strictly BMW thing. My Mercedes certainly will let me open the door and close the window with one-click at the same time.

Last edited by hayden; 09-18-2009 at 05:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2009, 03:12 AM   #55
zerolimit
Registered
Rep
Drives: it has 4 wheels

Quote:
I guess I mean active seats: Side bolsters that inflate/stiffen if you enter a corner aggressively. Do any BMW's have this feature?
I think BMW M5 has that feature (optional). Not sure if it's available to any other BMW models.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 10:42 PM   #56
hayden
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I pickup the car at the dealer tomorrow morning! It's been a long 52 days since drop-off in Paris...

09/08/2009 Paris Dropoff
09/15/2009 Loaded on to Goliath Leader in Bremerhaven
10/12/2009 Unloaded at Port Hueneme, CA
10/21/2009 Cleared Customs/USDA - Moved to VPC
10/27/2009 Arrived at Dealer
10/30/2009 Redelivery

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 10:54 PM   #57
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I pickup the car at the dealer tomorrow morning! It's been a long 52 days since drop-off in Paris...

09/08/2009 Paris Dropoff
09/15/2009 Loaded on to Goliath Leader in Bremerhaven
10/12/2009 Unloaded at Port Hueneme, CA
10/21/2009 Cleared Customs/USDA - Moved to VPC
10/27/2009 Arrived at Dealer
10/30/2009 Redelivery
Wow... has it been 52 days already?!?

I look forward to some more pictures
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #58
hayden
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

The car is being tinted right now. $420 for Ceramic tint! Can't wait to see how it looks. After the no-wash period expires I'll give it a good bath and take some new pictures.

Two little annoyances after driving it for a few days back in my element.
  1. You really can't close the trunk electronically except from button on the actual trunk? I should be able to close it from inside the car, or from the remote while walking away. I can do both with a Mercedes
  2. There seems to be no way for me to illuminate the rear seat area at night from the drivers seat. I'd like to be able to see what my 1.5 year old is up to in the back - but can't. This is also something I could have easily done in a Mercedes.

Anyone at BMW paying attention?

Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #59
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
The car is being tinted right now. $420 for Ceramic tint! Can't wait to see how it looks. After the no-wash period expires I'll give it a good bath and take some new pictures.

Two little annoyances after driving it for a few days back in my element.
  1. You really can't close the trunk electronically except from button on the actual trunk? I should be able to close it from inside the car, or from the remote while walking away. I can do both with a Mercedes
  2. There seems to be no way for me to illuminate the rear seat area at night from the drivers seat. I'd like to be able to see what my 1.5 year old is up to in the back - but can't. This is also something I could have easily done in a Mercedes.

Anyone at BMW paying attention?
That's what I paid for my ceramic tint too...

1) +1 This has been discussed before also on other BMW models in other forums that have powered trunks. Everyone I discussed this problem with seems to have the same issue with it. I also wish you could close it from the inside, especially when it's cold outside or raining!

2) You should be able to press the light switch on the center light cluster in front of the sunroof and that should turn the cabin lighting on. I have the reading lights in the back which are part of the individual package. I don't know what the standard rear seating lighting looks like. I actually just tried it in my car and it does turn the front seat and rear seat reading lights on... works quite well...
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 02:57 PM   #60
hayden
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
2) You should be able to press the light switch on the center light cluster in front of the sunroof and that should turn the cabin lighting on. I have the reading lights in the back which are part of the individual package. I don't know what the standard rear seating lighting looks like. I actually just tried it in my car and it does turn the front seat and rear seat reading lights on... works quite well...
Thanks xDrive50i! You're correct. My mistake for assuming that button would only illuminate the front. It does indeed light up the front and rear areas.

Appreciate 0