BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

08-10-2016, 03:25 AM   #1
tyzer
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 730d M-Sport Carbon Black

advice needed

Hi Guys,

I'm in a dilemma, back in July, I ordered a G11 730d M-Sport (Carbon Black, Heads up display, Ambient air, Harmon Kardon upgrade,Sun protection glass, Touch Command, Advanced Parking pack, Ivory White all over) which came to 73k. It was on the basis of a August build spot, so I was hopeful to see it for the new registration. The order process was highly rushed as the dealer was about to close for the evening (althoughI had been doing my homework for several weeks) but the basic deal was 7k down, 600 a month, taking full advantage of the 0% offer and more than 10k in contribution.

Then things started to slide, the dealer took a week to come back to me with a (what I thought confirmed September delivery), the dealer offered me gap, tyre,paintwork insurance and paint and interior protection for free to compensate, only to change this on Monday this week to week 39, which is a build slot for last/first week of sep/oct. I'm assuming there is a couple of weeks for delivery at least so i'm looking at the end of oct, which I'm pretty pissed about. I have also been thinking that not ordering the 648 wheels is a mistake, some advice I would have liked to have at the time of ordering.

So I thought I would ask you all, to share your experience on delivery times, was it a good deal? what would you do? any dealer recommendation (uk based) etc

I had been hoping to find a "in stock" un registered vehicle with perhaps a better spec that I could still get the same terms on, but I tried a view dealer networks with no luck. I know that dealers will have new stocks coming in over the next 4 weeks so I could cancel and go for one of them.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 03:37 AM   #2
Redbaron1973
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 and G02 X4

Speak to Nick Harling @ Williams Stockport.

Tell him Paul with the white Lwb said he would look after you.

__________________________________________________ ________________

G02 X4 MSport X - Carbon Black w Black / Comfort Pack / Tech Pack / Privacy
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 10:59 AM   #3
tyzer
Private First Class
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaron1973 View Post
Speak to Nick Harling @ Williams Stockport.

Tell him Paul with the white Lwb said he would look after you.
Cheers Paul, would you happen to have his email address, couldn't find email options on the Williams site
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 05:06 AM   #4
Redbaron1973
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 and G02 X4

I do have it but I heard from Nick you had got hold of him - sorry was away a couple of days. ( in the 7er)

__________________________________________________ ________________

G02 X4 MSport X - Carbon Black w Black / Comfort Pack / Tech Pack / Privacy
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 11:07 AM   #5
clidds87
Registered
Rep
Drives: G11 730d

We've just ordered a G11 730d M-sport with cost options of:

20 inch 648M wheels
BMW touch command
Sun protection glass
M sport braking system
Surround view

Making a list price of £71,215 on a 48 month PCP, doing 8k a year it's coming in at £570 per month with a £2,000 deposit.

Not sure if thats a better deal than you have or not...
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 11:19 AM   #6
tyzer
Private First Class
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clidds87 View Post

20 inch 648M wheels
BMW touch command
Sun protection glass
M sport braking system
Surround view

Making a list price of £71,215 on a 48 month PCP, doing 8k a year it's coming in at £570 per month with a £2,000 deposit.

That seems at least a few K cheaper, what dealer and contact was that if you don't mind me asking?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 11:36 AM   #7
clidds87
Registered
Rep
Drives: G11 730d

PM sent!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2016, 08:19 AM   #8
KQF
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 730d M Sing Grey, Mocha

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by clidds87 View Post

20 inch 648M wheels
BMW touch command
Sun protection glass
M sport braking system
Surround view

Hi, could I also find out what dealer that is - I have the option of cancelling out of my order and current deal is similar but 3k down for a 730d M-sport, surround view, tinted glass and Hk sound so your deal looks better - would like to call them and see what they can do this weekend

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 03:58 AM   #9
KQF
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyzer View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm in a dilemma, back in July, I ordered a G11 730d M-Sport (Carbon Black, Heads up display, Ambient air, Harmon Kardon upgrade,Sun protection glass, Touch Command, Advanced Parking pack, Ivory White all over) which came to 73k. It was on the basis of a August build spot, so I was hopeful to see it for the new registration. The order process was highly rushed as the dealer was about to close for the evening (althoughI had been doing my homework for several weeks) but the basic deal was 7k down, 600 a month, taking full advantage of the 0% offer and more than 10k in contribution.

Then things started to slide, the dealer took a week to come back to me with a (what I thought confirmed September delivery), the dealer offered me gap, tyre,paintwork insurance and paint and interior protection for free to compensate, only to change this on Monday this week to week 39, which is a build slot for last/first week of sep/oct. I'm assuming there is a couple of weeks for delivery at least so i'm looking at the end of oct, which I'm pretty pissed about. I have also been thinking that not ordering the 648 wheels is a mistake, some advice I would have liked to have at the time of ordering.

So I thought I would ask you all, to share your experience on delivery times, was it a good deal? what would you do? any dealer recommendation (uk based) etc

I had been hoping to find a "in stock" un registered vehicle with perhaps a better spec that I could still get the same terms on, but I tried a view dealer networks with no luck. I know that dealers will have new stocks coming in over the next 4 weeks so I could cancel and go for one of them.
Tyzer, did you ever change your wheels, I left mine with the 19" MSport standard ones mainly to keep within budget and am now wondering if that was the right call?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 06:32 PM   #10
tyzer
Private First Class
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQF View Post
Tyzer, did you ever change your wheels, I left mine with the 19" MSport standard ones mainly to keep within budget and am now wondering if that was the right call?
Yes, I upped the spec quite a bit in the end, was happy with the final deal, now just have to wait...which is killing me
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 05:17 AM   #11
KQF
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyzer View Post
Yes, I upped the spec quite a bit in the end, was happy with the final deal, now just have to wait...which is killing me
Cool, I'm watching costs but did yesterday add the 648's touch command and climate windscreen. I hear you with the wait getting a hire car from Friday to see me through the months wait (hopefully less)
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 06:58 AM   #12
tyzer
Private First Class
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQF View Post
Cool, I'm watching costs but did yesterday add the 648's touch command and climate windscreen. I hear you with the wait getting a hire car from Friday to see me through the months wait (hopefully less)
My dealer fronted up a demo car for my waiting period, which helped it being less painful
Appreciate 0