BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

04-26-2018, 01:14 PM   #1
Veritable
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 6MT

CTS-V2 x Borla "Cat-Back"

Installed! Borla X-Pipe w/Mid Pipes + Borla Axle-Back Exhaust "S-Type"

It was pointed out to me by more than one independent service shop that one of my "front pipes" is really beat up.

Engine -> Headers -> Front Pipes -> Mid- / X-Pipes -> Exhaust. So it is definitely not exposed to the ground or anything, so I doubt I could have done anything to bash on them. I also have not had to do any work in that area since buying the car new. So, it is a mystery as to why that have happened. Could be like that from manufacturing, even.

It's not holed through, and probably doesn't affect the performance much, so the factory probably won't care. The car is out of the factory warranty by now anyways.

It does bother me, though, so with this shop being experienced with exhaust works, I let them fab up custom "front pipes" to fix that. Since they will be down there, I decided to go for the full monty and go aftermarket all the way to the rear.

Went with Borla because, well, as a fairly rare car there are not many products to choose from. Also, reflecting our demographics, the shop is much more knowledgeable with Euro and Japanese, so we played it safe and went with a name brand.

I mean, look at their shop cars:

...the reflection made it look like a 6-wheeled Cadillac NSX-V A couple of NSXs, and an FK8 Civic Type-R just in front of that.

But good workmanship is good workmanship, no matter the brand... and today, it is done!

Of course photos do not do them justice... so here is the requisite cold start + revs video:
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 01:32 PM   #2
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Wait, the Gen2 V is rare now? lol

Sounds good
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 02:21 PM   #3
Veritable
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Wait, the Gen2 V is rare now? lol
Up here in Canada? This exhaust setup fits on a total of... 548 cars. That is how many V2 Sedans + Wagons were sold here.

I went to 9.5in / 285 "squared setup" and so took off the original front wheels. I have not even tried to sell them, because I doubt there is any market for them. Same with the stock exhaust + mid pipes... had to tell the shop to junk them for scrap

Total worldwide production: 12532

Source: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwy...BQUGtOMFk/view

Of course mine is a 2013 Black Diamond Tricoat 6MT Sedan. So, going further down the rabbit hole, it is:

1/1400 6MT Sedans worldwide overall
1/139 6MT Sedans worldwide in 2013
1/125 6MT Black Diamond Sedans worldwide overall
1/86 6MT Sedans in Canada
1/29 6MT Black Diamond Sedans worldwide in 2013
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 02:22 PM   #4
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritable View Post
Up here in Canada? This exhaust setup fits on a total of... 548 cars. That is how many V2 Sedans + Wagons were sold here.

I went to 9.5in / 285 "squared setup" and so took off the original front wheels. I have not even tried to sell them, because I doubt there is any market for them. Same with the stock exhaust + mid pipes... had to tell the shop to junk them for scrap

Total worldwide production: 12532

Source: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwy...BQUGtOMFk/view

Of course mine is a 2013 Black Diamond Tricoat 6MT Sedan. So, going further down the rabbit hole, it is:

1/1400 6MT Sedans worldwide overall
1/139 6MT Sedans worldwide in 2013
1/125 6MT Black Diamond Sedans worldwide overall
1/86 6MT Sedans in Canada
1/29 6MT Black Diamond Sedans worldwide in 2013
GM Made a lot of Gen2 Vs as a whole, that's what I was referring to, not just Canada market
Appreciate 0