BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

02-16-2017, 03:02 PM   #23
cipher5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Donington Grey X3M Comp

Hope I don't those of us that have our cars lowered don't get some BS that they won't repair our cars under the recall.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 03:09 PM   #24
Dante
Enthusiast
Germany
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 / F31 330d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
Might this have cause the vehicle to delay acceleration from a stop (or accel fro, very low speed like a rolling stop)? I have had issues where i will step on the go pedal and then it will take a second after the engine rpm revs to engage and i get a thunk and hard jolt forward and all is fine again.

Initially thoight it was an issue with TC lockup but this has me suspicious.
Don't think so.
There was no noise, no vibration or any other warning with my car. It just broke under acceleration.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 05:50 PM   #25
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Another recall? I'm still waiting for the fuel injectors to apply to Canada. Argh.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 08:00 PM   #26
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
These parts have been available since day one. What's with the need to spread lies on the internet?
I have the RO in front of me if youd like the proof.
Send it on over
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 10:28 PM   #27
raysspl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: walking, bicycle, & bus

Oh jeez. All the best to the owners out there
      02-17-2017, 12:39 AM   #28
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Just glad my car isn't on it this time.
      02-17-2017, 06:54 AM   #29
csnyman2
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 435i GC

And yet they remain the best selling manufacturer. Not even mentioning the many reliability issues that don't reach recall list. And don't tell me "yes, but I buy it for the performance" because BMs are not the performance benchmark anymore. Think it's time to move on.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 07:57 AM   #30
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnyman2
And yet they remain the best selling manufacturer. Not even mentioning the many reliability issues that don't reach recall list. And don't tell me "yes, but I buy it for the performance" because BMs are not the performance benchmark anymore. Think it's time to move on.
Move on to what?

Every manufacturer has quality issues and recalls.
      02-17-2017, 01:04 PM   #31
csnyman2
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Quote:
Move on to what?

Anything else. Merc, Lexus, Audi. Of my friends with BMs, all of them have had problems. Every single one of them. 2 out of 5 owners at work have had their engines replaced??? Is that acceptable for a premium brand?? I'm tired of being mocked by other owners about the BM owners and their frequent visits to the dealership. Wtf. I'd rather have 5% less "excitement" and not visit the freakin dealer every month. Sorry, but after 7 years It's buy-buy BMW.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 01:38 PM   #32
Questofthetune
Captain
Rep
Drives: 13 GT50014 AW M235i(sold)

Garage List
2014 BMW 235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by csnyman2 View Post
Anything else. Merc, Lexus, Audi. Of my friends with BMs, all of them have had problems. Every single one of them. 2 out of 5 owners at work have had their engines replaced??? Is that acceptable for a premium brand?? I'm tired of being mocked by other owners about the BM owners and their frequent visits to the dealership. Wtf. I'd rather have 5% less "excitement" and not visit the freakin dealer every month. Sorry, but after 7 years It's buy-buy BMW.
Wait.. so your buying two bmws?
Appreciate 2
IB M2765.50
GimmeanM1448.50
      02-17-2017, 01:52 PM   #33
csnyman2
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questofthetune View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by csnyman2 View Post
Wait.. so your buying two bmws?
Sorry, my spelling matches BM quality...?. What I meant was that my next car will not be a BM.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 02:35 PM   #34
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Move on to what?

You're moving away from BMW because your two friends have/had problems with their cars and because you're tired of other people's stupid mocking?
      02-17-2017, 05:34 PM   #35
GripAndRip
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335xi Auto

Garage List
Do you guys think the 2011 LCI E90 335xi is affected? I see 335i but I'm wondering if mine could have this issue too.
      02-17-2017, 10:02 PM   #36
kerim
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Does this apply to australia aswell ? Anyone have any info for the australia recall
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 06:50 AM   #37
csnyman2
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Move on to what?

You're moving away from BMW because your two friends have/had problems with their cars and because you're tired of other people's stupid mocking?
I've had my fair share of problems, believe me. Not sure what is so funny, although I can understand you want to justify driving a BM. I just struggle to do it these days. So much other more reliable and exciting options out there?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 09:50 PM   #38
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Move on to what?

exactly my thoughts! This is the type of owner brand deserves to have. Those who make other people's problems their own. I'm sure the other peoples who's engines had to be replaced were maintained properly too? Sounds like the struggle to afford the car is real so he's finding excuses to get the Camry he's always wanted. Wait, they have airbag recalls too! Not to mention piston ring issues...
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 05:13 PM   #39
afranke
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3

Just snapped that part on my F30...wonder if they'll expand it to cover that since my prod date is 2012-08-08.
2013 ActiveHybrid 3 (335ih) • N55 PWG • Meisterschaft GT catback • Wagner tuning catless DP and Stage 2 Evo Comp Intercooler • ER chargepipes • CTS intake • io2V3 O2 simulator • Pure Stage 2 turbo with high-flow inlet and DV upgrade • Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP • JB4 ISO firmware • Fuel-It DIY PI Kit • bootmod3 •
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 03:17 AM   #40
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
Might this have cause the vehicle to delay acceleration from a stop (or accel fro, very low speed like a rolling stop)? I have had issues where i will step on the go pedal and then it will take a second after the engine rpm revs to engage and i get a thunk and hard jolt forward and all is fine again.

Initially thoight it was an issue with TC lockup but this has me suspicious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Don't think so.
There was no noise, no vibration or any other warning with my car. It just broke under acceleration.

What the heck is that thing? Any symptoms/warning signs at all?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 11:42 AM   #41
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
We just got the recall letter from BMW last Thursday. My wife's 2011 335is Coupe is affected, so now it's both the airbags and the driveshaft CV joint. In both cases, "Remedy Unavailable".

Tentative plans are to replace her car with a Euro Delivery 2018 M3 in May next year and we would sell the 335is when the M3 is redelivered, sometime in July 2018. While I'm sure that the rear CV joint parts will be available long before that, I'm still not sure about the airbags.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 11:48 AM   #42
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoManyBlueCars View Post
Will the e9x M3 be affected as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GripAndRip View Post
Do you guys think the 2011 LCI E90 335xi is affected? I see 335i but I'm wondering if mine could have this issue too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by afranke View Post
Just snapped that part on my F30...wonder if they'll expand it to cover that since my prod date is 2012-08-08.
Get your info straight from the source. Go to www.bmwusa.com/recall and enter your full VIN. If your model is currently on the recall list it will show up here. If not, it could be added later, so you can check back periodically.

If you're the original owner and you still live at the same address, you will get a letter in the mail. If you're not the original owner and you've never registered your car with BMW, you should register it at www.bmwusa.com/myBMW so that you can be notified about safety recalls. Likewise, if you changed your address and never notified BMW about the address change, you should notify BMW at the same link.

Appreciate 1
      04-03-2017, 11:57 AM   #43
GripAndRip
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335xi Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GripAndRip View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by afranke View Post
Get your info straight from the source. Go to www.bmwusa.com/recall and enter your full VIN. If your model is currently on the recall list it will show up here. If not, it could be added later, so you can check back periodically.

If you're the original owner and you still live at the same address, you will get a letter in the mail. If you're not the original owner and you've never registered your car with BMW, you should register it at www.bmwusa.com/myBMW so that you can be notified about safety recalls. Likewise, if you changed your address and never notified BMW about the address change, you should notify BMW at the same link.
Just followed your instructions and checked my vin on the site. Not a single recall
      04-04-2017, 07:00 PM   #44
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Re symptoms, does it feel like if you press the gas, it loses some traction and 'sliding' occurs? I've had that a few times but can't figure out what's happening, I thought it was a thread prb but they all look fine. I've eased up on the gas when that happens and it goes back to normal.
Appreciate 0