BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

08-04-2015, 02:40 PM   #1
Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Anyone ordered one yet?

Please share your config, price, and finally when delivered,.... photos!!!

Last edited by Shaw; 10-14-2015 at 09:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2015, 01:06 PM   #2
journeyguy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

looks like a slow start.....No Individual option currently could be one of the reason.
      08-10-2015, 03:49 AM   #3
JET500
Rep
Drives: BMW M760Li

I have just completed my order for an estimated delivery here in the UK on 25 October.

My order is:

730d xDrive Msport
Black Sapphire
Ivory White/Black Exclusive Nappa Leather
20" M Double Spoke style 648M alloys
Soft Close doors
Electric Glass sunroof
Sun protection glass
Heat Comfort package
Fineline Black wood, high gloss w/Metal effect interior trim
Ceramic finish for controls
Driving Assistant Plus
BMW Laserlights
Surround View
Park Assist
Head-up display
Harman/kardon surround sound
BMW Gesture Control
Headlining, Anthracite Alcantara

Now the wait begins, I am sure the next two months are going to drag!!!
Appreciate 3
      08-15-2015, 04:04 PM   #4
talaipwros
Private
Rep
Drives: Model2018 740d xdriveMsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET500 View Post
I have just completed my order for an estimated delivery here in the UK on 25 October.

My order is:

730d xDrive Msport
Black Sapphire
Ivory White/Black Exclusive Nappa Leather
20" M Double Spoke style 648M alloys
Soft Close doors
Electric Glass sunroof
Sun protection glass
Heat Comfort package
Fineline Black wood, high gloss w/Metal effect interior trim
Ceramic finish for controls
Driving Assistant Plus
BMW Laserlights
Surround View
Park Assist
Head-up display
Harman/kardon surround sound
BMW Gesture Control
Headlining, Anthracite Alcantara

Now the wait begins, I am sure the next two months are going to drag!!!
congrats!

what price/finance did BMW offered? or did you pay full price?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2015, 06:14 PM   #5
nextceo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 7 Series

I traded my 2015 Mercedes S63 in for the new 7 Series.

Here is what my order looks like...

750i xDrive
Sapphire Black Metallic - Exterior
Canberra Beige - Interior
Fine Line Gloss Wood Trim
Autobahn Pack
Driver Assist I and II
Interior Design Pack
Executive Pack
Luxury Seating Pack
20" Star Spoke Wheels
Bowers Sound System
Ambient Air Pack
Wood Steering Wheel
Display Key
Panoramic Sky Lounge

MSRP is about 122K.
I got 2.5K off. The dealership said that everyone else at this point was paying sticker. I also got 126K for my S63 which was a pretty good trade-in price.

Attached is a sticker to what I traded in. I'll make sure to post an update on my new car once it arrives in Oct.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2015, 06:29 PM   #6
journeyguy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

wow traded your 2015 S63 for a base 750iX,,,this is not even a M7 ? AMG Vs a base 750XI ? What made you jump on the 750 ? You dint like the S63 AMG ? Can you please share your S63 AMG experience ? I had been thinking of getting the S63AMG....

QUOTE=nextceo;18427075]I traded my 2015 Mercedes S63 in for the new 7 Series.

Here is what my order looks like...

750i xDrive
Sapphire Black Metallic - Exterior
Canberra Beige - Interior
Fine Line Gloss Wood Trim
Autobahn Pack
Driver Assist I and II
Interior Design Pack
Executive Pack
Luxury Seating Pack
20" Star Spoke Wheels
Bowers Sound System
Ambient Air Pack
Wood Steering Wheel
Display Key
Panoramic Sky Lounge

MSRP is about 122K.
I got 2.5K off. The dealership said that everyone else at this point was paying sticker. I also got 126K for my S63 which was a pretty good trade-in price.

Attached is a sticker to what I traded in. I'll make sure to post an update on my new car once it arrives in Oct.[/QUOTE]
      08-16-2015, 07:19 PM   #7
nextceo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 7 Series

What do you mean a base 750? There is only one version currently available this year.

Here are the issues with the AMG S63

- The transmission totally sucks. When I would be applying the brake to come to a stop, the car would "jerk" as if the brakes were sticking. After taking into the dealership twice thinking it was the brakes, they informed me its a software issue with the transmission. They said they gave me a "software update" both times but it didn't do anything to correct the issue. If you check the Forums for Mercedes, you will read that a lot of people are experiencing this same issue. I believe this problem is what's causing these cars to tank in the secondary market. I just saw the last 2 auctions on this car were 100K and 107K. Talk about prices falling off a cliff. Glad I executed my trade in back in June.

- You would think with a car of this cost, you could put it into sport mode and everything would tighten up. Nope, not the case. The steering is still "sloppy" and you really got to bang on the gas petal to get the car to go 0-60 in the advertised 3.9 seconds.

- The engine sounds good but on great. My wife drives a Maserati Ghibli and her car sounds way more impressive than this car.

Other issues with the Mercedes in general, not just the AMG version:

- No preset buttons on the center console...you have to click thru a couple of menus to get to your presets.

- I had the High End Burmester in the Mercedes and yes, it was outstanding and probably worth the $6,400 if you're going to spend this kind of money on a car...but the Subwoofer is located in the trunk - reducing the cargo space. Might not seem like a big deal unless you're a golfer like me...every time we threw our clubs in the trunk, we had to take the drivers out of the bags so they would fit. My Nissan rental I'm currently driving offers better space in the trunk than the 162K S63.

- No touch screen - their version of iDrive is still kind of "clunky" to navigate around in.

- Mercedes built into their interface a split screen that shows you the weather forecast. It looks great until you decide to not renew the weather portion of Sirius Satellite...the weather menu still shows but with a bunch of dashes where the temperatures use to read..and no way to turn off.

- This last issue was mind boggling...the car defaults to the econ mode EVERY TIME you get in the car...which means the engine shuts off when you're at a stop light and restarts when you accelerate...supposedly saving you gas for those 30 seconds..ok whatever. I personally don't like this feature yet there is no way to program the car to save the settings with that feature off. Hence, you have to manually turn that option off every time...and Yes, Mercedes said that is their #1 complaint they receive on this car.

The New 7 Series is going to give me all of these additional items that my Mercedes didn't have on it at a cost that's much lower than the S63:

- Engine is 0-60 in 4.3 vs 3.9..not that big of a difference yet I fully expect the handling to be much tighter...like the previous 7 Series I've owned.

- The Autobahn package is just something I added to the car because its new for BMW. It includes Mercedes version of Magic Ride where is scans the road and adjusts the suspension accordingly. My S63 did not have Magic Ride on it. I think its only available for Mercedes that do not have 4Matic on them. Also in this package is integrated steering which will turn the back wheels allowing for a tighter turning radius.

- Touch screen..which I look forward to having and Gesture Control (probably more of a gimmick than anything)

- Wireless charging for my cell phone

- Welcome Carpet - shines a lighted design on the pavement. First time I saw this was on the new Mustang we rented this past summer on vacation..that car shined the Mustang Logo on the ground...actually quite cool.

- Panoramic sky lounge "aka Light Show" with 15,000 lights that make various patterns in the sun roof.

- Touch Pad for the back seat to allow passengers to control various functions.

- Heads up display (this is an option Mercedes Offers but it wasn't on my $162K car)

- A key with a LED touch Screen on it. Probably is going to be a little too big but thought it looked neat.

- This BMW comes with Free Service - Oil / Tune-ups / Brakes for the first 50K miles or 4 years. Mercedes gives you one free service at 5K miles...then expect to pay $500-$1000 every 5K miles (Service A or B) plus another $500-$1500 depending on when you need brakes and or rotors.

- Other items that may or may not be on this car - depends on approval from the US Government - Smart Key allows for parking of the car without anyone in the vehicle and Laser Lights for the headlamps - which can illuminate up to twice as far as regular LED lights.

The only thing my Mercedes had that this car doesn't is the Prestige Factor. I definitely think the Mercedes looks more impressive (great looking diamond sticking throughout the car - Dashboard, Seats and Doors - white deviated stitching everywhere, an IWC Clock in the center of the dash and an embossed AMG Logo on the center console)...but I believe the BMW has a lot more interesting features (technology) and I'm expecting a more interactive driving experience both in functionality and handing...plus my pocketbook appreciates it too...

Last edited by nextceo; 08-16-2015 at 07:53 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2015, 06:36 AM   #8
journeyguy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

wow....Thanks for sharing your experience. I only wish BMW came out with M7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextceo View Post
What do you mean a base 750? There is only one version currently available this year.

Here are the issues with the AMG S63

- The transmission totally sucks. When I would be applying the brake to come to a stop, the car would "jerk" as if the brakes were sticking. After taking into the dealership twice thinking it was the brakes, they informed me its a software issue with the transmission. They said they gave me a "software update" both times but it didn't do anything to correct the issue. If you check the Forums for Mercedes, you will read that a lot of people are experiencing this same issue. I believe this problem is what's causing these cars to tank in the secondary market. I just saw the last 2 auctions on this car were 100K and 107K. Talk about prices falling off a cliff. Glad I executed my trade in back in June.

- You would think with a car of this cost, you could put it into sport mode and everything would tighten up. Nope, not the case. The steering is still "sloppy" and you really got to bang on the gas petal to get the car to go 0-60 in the advertised 3.9 seconds.

- The engine sounds good but on great. My wife drives a Maserati Ghibli and her car sounds way more impressive than this car.

Other issues with the Mercedes in general, not just the AMG version:

- No preset buttons on the center console...you have to click thru a couple of menus to get to your presets.

- I had the High End Burmester in the Mercedes and yes, it was outstanding and probably worth the $6,400 if you're going to spend this kind of money on a car...but the Subwoofer is located in the trunk - reducing the cargo space. Might not seem like a big deal unless you're a golfer like me...every time we threw our clubs in the trunk, we had to take the drivers out of the bags so they would fit. My Nissan rental I'm currently driving offers better space in the trunk than the 162K S63.

- No touch screen - their version of iDrive is still kind of "clunky" to navigate around in.

- Mercedes built into their interface a split screen that shows you the weather forecast. It looks great until you decide to not renew the weather portion of Sirius Satellite...the weather menu still shows but with a bunch of dashes where the temperatures use to read..and no way to turn off.

- This last issue was mind boggling...the car defaults to the econ mode EVERY TIME you get in the car...which means the engine shuts off when you're at a stop light and restarts when you accelerate...supposedly saving you gas for those 30 seconds..ok whatever. I personally don't like this feature yet there is no way to program the car to save the settings with that feature off. Hence, you have to manually turn that option off every time...and Yes, Mercedes said that is their #1 complaint they receive on this car.

The New 7 Series is going to give me all of these additional items that my Mercedes didn't have on it at a cost that's much lower than the S63:

- Engine is 0-60 in 4.3 vs 3.9..not that big of a difference yet I fully expect the handling to be much tighter...like the previous 7 Series I've owned.

- The Autobahn package is just something I added to the car because its new for BMW. It includes Mercedes version of Magic Ride where is scans the road and adjusts the suspension accordingly. My S63 did not have Magic Ride on it. I think its only available for Mercedes that do not have 4Matic on them. Also in this package is integrated steering which will turn the back wheels allowing for a tighter turning radius.

- Touch screen..which I look forward to having and Gesture Control (probably more of a gimmick than anything)

- Wireless charging for my cell phone

- Welcome Carpet - shines a lighted design on the pavement. First time I saw this was on the new Mustang we rented this past summer on vacation..that car shined the Mustang Logo on the ground...actually quite cool.

- Panoramic sky lounge "aka Light Show" with 15,000 lights that make various patterns in the sun roof.

- Touch Pad for the back seat to allow passengers to control various functions.

- Heads up display (this is an option Mercedes Offers but it wasn't on my $162K car)

- A key with a LED touch Screen on it. Probably is going to be a little too big but thought it looked neat.

- This BMW comes with Free Service - Oil / Tune-ups / Brakes for the first 50K miles or 4 years. Mercedes gives you one free service at 5K miles...then expect to pay $500-$1000 every 5K miles (Service A or B) plus another $500-$1500 depending on when you need brakes and or rotors.

- Other items that may or may not be on this car - depends on approval from the US Government - Smart Key allows for parking of the car without anyone in the vehicle and Laser Lights for the headlamps - which can illuminate up to twice as far as regular LED lights.

The only thing my Mercedes had that this car doesn't is the Prestige Factor. I definitely think the Mercedes looks more impressive (great looking diamond sticking throughout the car - Dashboard, Seats and Doors - white deviated stitching everywhere, an IWC Clock in the center of the dash and an embossed AMG Logo on the center console)...but I believe the BMW has a lot more interesting features (technology) and I'm expecting a more interactive driving experience both in functionality and handing...plus my pocketbook appreciates it too...
      08-17-2015, 03:59 PM   #9
adamg13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Coupe

My recent M6 and 7 both default to that eco auto-start-stop shit whenever the car was turned on as well. I had to hook up a laptop and use e-sys to remove this default. I'm sure that auto start stop is fine on an I-4, but with a big ol' TTV8 listening and feeling it die and restart isn't too pleasant.

Coding has become more difficult in recent months with BMW introducing updates. Hopefully the system on these G11's is still easily accessible.
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2015, 08:58 PM   #10
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Wow you took a $40K+ hit on the trade. Probably a lot more after you paid TT&L. I guess you did not know about the S63 transmission or even test drive the car before you made the purchase. I would think your pocket book would be pretty sick.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 02:45 AM   #11
adamg13
Second Lieutenant
Rep

You'd think that for the price of those S63's they'd have a transmission that would appeal to refined tastes. If the transmission on the G11 is the same as that on the LCI F01, then I think OP will be pleased as that thing was super smooth on my '13. Noticeably smoother than on my '11, and a world better than that of my E65.

I'll probably put my order in when the '17 models become available, just to see if any new options or features show up. They really nailed the '12 650 buyers by adding 45hp, soft close doors, .. a few months later on the '13 models.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 09:50 AM   #12
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

It is really unfortunate and somewhat a surprise that the issue with the S63 transmission does not appear to have been resolved. Perhaps when the next generation transmission (9G?) is released this will be resolved. Besides the S63 is just too high. Might as well go with the S600 and get all the options and a V12 for less money than a fully optioned S63.

AdamG12, what is your experience with the reliability of the BMWs you have owned?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 02:37 PM   #13
talaipwros
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamg13 View Post
My recent M6 and 7 both default to that eco auto-start-stop shit whenever the car was turned on as well. I had to hook up a laptop and use e-sys to remove this default. I'm sure that auto start stop is fine on an I-4, but with a big ol' TTV8 listening and feeling it die and restart isn't too pleasant.
?
You just press a small button immediately under the Engine Start button and the Start-Stop mechanism is disabled.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 03:30 PM   #14
Blackraven
Captain
Rep
Drives: Toyota Corolla ALTIS

I think the S63 uses AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT = which is MB speak for automatic with a wet-pack clutch instead of a torque converter.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 03:50 PM   #15
adamg13
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by talaipwros View Post
?
You just press a small button immediately under the Engine Start button and the Start-Stop mechanism is disabled.
Yeah, I think everyone realizes that - but it's an annoyance to do every time you start the car. That's why I've coded my cars to default it to off so that's not necessary.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 03:55 PM   #16
adamg13
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
It is really unfortunate and somewhat a surprise that the issue with the S63 transmission does not appear to have been resolved. Perhaps when the next generation transmission (9G?) is released this will be resolved. Besides the S63 is just too high. Might as well go with the S600 and get all the options and a V12 for less money than a fully optioned S63.

AdamG12, what is your experience with the reliability of the BMWs you have owned?
Well the '13 was bought back under threat of the state lemon law as a result of repeated drivetrain failures likely due to carbon buildup. Actually loved that car aside from the issues, though. The performance of the new N63tu was perfect when it was running correctly. The '11 was mechanically sound, but had some issues with recurring noises in the steering and cabin materials that BMW wasn't too successful in fixing. My M6 ran flawlessly as most Ms seem to, since they receive more attention in their production.

My one major complaint with BMWs is the amount of cabin noise. There's too much creaking and squeaking going on. I have a '15 Expedition under my business, and that thing is extremely quiet on the inside even though the interior is mostly plastic. Really can't figure it out
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2015, 12:35 PM   #17
talaipwros
Private
Rep

Quote:

My one major complaint with BMWs is the amount of cabin noise. There's too much creaking and squeaking going on. ..
same here.
The move from a - perfectly quiet after 3 years and 40K miles on the clock - Lexus GS to a brand new - creaking and squeaking- '15 BMW 7 series was shocking!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 05:02 PM   #18
washboy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: San Merino blu M6GC

has anyone here ever thought of getting the alpina b7? I'm currently in an m6gc and its not too practical for my kids...baby seats, so i don't even bother. when I do have to haul them I use a different car.

I was thinking since I've grown accustomed to the power in the m6 that I may spring for the alpina b7. was wondering thoughts or experiences people may have....
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 12:53 PM   #19
adamg13
Second Lieutenant
Rep

The one thing that's kept me away from the B7 were the terrible lease prices that I was quoted. I know towards the end of the product cycle they dropped significantly, but the newly released models approached twice the lease of a 750. Maybe my dealer just wasn't interested in parting with their allocation, but the deals just blew on those things. The offerings for M6's were much better. I'd personally prefer a B7 over an M6GC if the prices were close enough, just because I like the look and size of the B7 better.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 04:53 PM   #20
ingenieur
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d MSport

Quote:
Yeah, I think everyone realizes that - but it's an annoyance to do every time you start the car. That's why I've coded my cars to default it to off so that's not necessary.
Actually - all BMW's from 7/2013 are coded by default to store the "last function" - meaning on every start it uses the last selected function - either turned on or turned off.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 07:29 PM   #21
adamg13
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Some of you guys are so annoying with your "actually" clarifications. That info obviously isn't even accurate as my M6 was produced after that date. Neither the '13 7 or '14 M6 I was referring to defaulted to anything but ON, regardless of how they were left when the car was turned off. It had to be coded this way.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 10:23 PM   #22
stony man
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 750 XI

A friend of minejust ordered the 2016 750i X and I can not wait to see it. Too bad he will not allow me to take it for a spin
Appreciate 0