BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

08-29-2015, 12:33 AM   #45
X5MC_LI
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5MC

One more
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2015, 06:55 AM   #46
GMe90
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Coupe, ZSP, Premium

Garage List
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [6.00]
2007 BMW 328i  [10.00]
Looks terrible. I don't know what BMW was thinking.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2015, 10:11 AM   #47
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4

Sorry but the 7series looks like my grandpa's car. It's like a modern day Coupe De Ville.

Out here where I live on the other hand, are the sporty grannies, they all drive CTS Cads.

Your car really does say alot about you, and that even varies geographically where you live. For the most part, you are what you drive.

With integrity nothing else matters, without integrity nothing else matters.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2015, 10:55 AM   #48
nextceo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 7 Series

Not sure how anyone is comparing a Cadillac to a BMW 7 Series...but ok.

With that said, if you can make it thru the first few minutes of the reviewers at the NYC Event talking in the wind, they do a good job of reviewing the Cabin of the New 7 Series.

Alan
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2015, 04:12 PM   #49
nextceo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 7 Series

Here is a better video I just found to watch on the 7 Series.

Alan

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 05:23 PM   #50
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
This segments need the class but this new 7 obviously lacks it.
It looks tacky and too fast.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 09:22 AM   #51
HS
Registered
Rep
Drives: Soon..

Thanks for the pictures!
the M-sport looks great in white, but i think it's time to see it in different colours.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 07:12 PM   #52
auto enthusiast
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 5, Infinti FX

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextceo View Post
Not sure how anyone is comparing a Cadillac to a BMW 7 Series...but ok.
Alan
Why not? When BMW made Isetta, Cadillac had been producing this:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...Ville_BW_1.JPG
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadill...do/59eldob.jpg

And today, after half century it still looks impressive, it looks as if the UFO landing.
These BMW maybe looks good today, but in 2025 nobody will notice it…

Best Regards
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 05:21 PM   #53
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

I'll admit... It has grown on me, ever so slightly. But not to the point of purchasing anytime soon. It lost the muscular lines and stance of the F01 and I also don't like how a short wheel base is not offered at all like my 750i. And I still can't get over that tablet sticking out of the dash!
I'm sure in the right color combo with a nice set of wheels, I'd like it more.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 08:57 PM   #54
xionium
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4NoMore View Post
Why does the body color between the kidney grills not run all the way from the bottom to the top...? That looks a little odd on white in particular. But hey I guess some improvements must be left for LCI.
Agree completely... I'm like 'hmmmm....' That interior is pretty cool...
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 12:37 PM   #55
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilberGrau ZHP View Post
S class IS class- this is nice but I would buy the Merc. Not loving the hockey stick on the side and HATE the 3 "Jewel eye" fogs - looks Sooo early 2000's (or very current Japanese)

S class no brainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattedtwice View Post
Thank you. Always nice to see at least one person not sipping the mercedes toilet water.

These big limos aren't my style but if I ever needed to buy one, I would get this or even the 8, both of which look FAR better than that melted, droopy hideous s thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goj View Post
This is easily on par with the S class. And at least it is not droopy. Also the S class steering wheel looks terrible.

If you believe the S class is worlds better than your sipping Mercedes kool-aid.

The level of luxury and tech in both cars is amazing. Which ever one you prefer comes down to personal preference.
I always chuckle at the pissing contest between Mercedes, BMW and Audi (ahem Volkswagen) fans about these brands' respective flagships. Most of the time it's by people who have no intention (or financial ability) to buy one of these cars in the first place.

I do agree with goj's comment about droopiness. The Merc does look like it's melting at both ends -- I really dislike that look. Even if you can buy, at the end of the day, whatever appeals most to your personal style is what you should go with. And, for me, it's the 7-Series hands down. And I totally LOVE the M-Sport model in Mineral White. It's no wonder BMW have shown the model almost exclusively in that color.

I got to see it in person and interact with all the tech at an unveiling event here in San Francisco a couple of months ago, and now the photos in this thread seal the deal for me. Such a great looking car -- and this is coming from a guy who actually drives a long wheelbase 7-Series as a daily driver (2012 F02). The new design is sharper and somehow more purposeful than the model I own. It's a very nice evolution on a winning design. This will be my next car. Well done, BMW. You keep speaking to me, and I'll keep buying.

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 05:00 PM   #56
jsp1777
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 750i Xdrive

Is that color Arctic Gray?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 01:11 PM   #57
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 F06

Anyone seen these in person ? Does M sport look better ?
      09-30-2015, 09:00 AM   #58
Hans_ACS
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F01 740d

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartian777 View Post
Anyone seen these in person ? Does M sport look better ?
I saw the car in person at the IAA in Frankfurt and indeed, it looks WAY better than on photos, the measurements and balances are just perfect.

The M package car is just stunning.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 09:03 PM   #59
Carguy59
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 750li

Thank you for you viewpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBry View Post
I always chuckle at the pissing contest between Mercedes, BMW and Audi (ahem Volkswagen) fans about these brands' respective flagships. Most of the time it's by people who have no intention (or financial ability) to buy one of these cars in the first place.

I do agree with goj's comment about droopiness. The Merc does look like it's melting at both ends -- I really dislike that look. Even if you can buy, at the end of the day, whatever appeals most to your personal style is what you should go with. And, for me, it's the 7-Series hands down. And I totally LOVE the M-Sport model in Mineral White. It's no wonder BMW have shown the model almost exclusively in that color.

I got to see it in person and interact with all the tech at an unveiling event here in San Francisco a couple of months ago, and now the photos in this thread seal the deal for me. Such a great looking car -- and this is coming from a guy who actually drives a long wheelbase 7-Series as a daily driver (2012 F02). The new design is sharper and somehow more purposeful than the model I own. It's a very nice evolution on a winning design. This will be my next car. Well done, BMW. You keep speaking to me, and I'll keep buying.
The pissing contest has been old for a long time. Jeez, if you dont like the car, dont have a baby over how you dont like the look. Im sure there are other brands that you will find to you satisfaction. I read the Benz forums and you know what, everyone on those forums dont like everything about the S class. ITS PERSONAL DECISION!! Spend your hard earned dollars on something that will make you smile whenever you go to the garage and climb in. Why come on BMW forums and talk about Mercedes. BMW doesnt care, and in my mind, BMW speaks to their customer on a another level. Does that mean Benz is no good, no it doesnt. Just that they dont have the same customer, even though they compete for that same dollar. BMW, Benz, Audi and Lexus have good and bad points, its just what you are willing to deal with.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2015, 05:32 PM   #60
CARTOON
Il dio li benedice tutti.
United_States
Rep
Drives: GEN V Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmPower
What a quality product! This looks so much better than the S-Class
I wouldn't go that far, but it does look nice.