BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

01-15-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Things Noticed Today

1. The seek button on the center console is pressure sensitive. If you press it softly it seeks slow, but if you press it firmly it seeks fast. Neat!

2. While the car was rolling, my passenger unbuckled her seatbelt and the fasten seatbelt chime began. Since we were around the corner from our destination, she didn't put it back on. When we came to a stop, the chime continued. It also continued even when I put the car into Park. I would've thought that it would've stopped at least when the car came to a stop; some type of glitch?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 01:14 AM   #2
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

1. Interesting to know. have to try that one of these days

2. I don't think it's a glitch, but I think it stops after a few minutes...
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Is there any way for the car to automatically continue storing a CD upon start up after it was shut down in the middle of doing same? It’s somewhat annoying to have to go back to the CD category, wait for the car to recognize the CD (which for some reason takes a long time compared to other cars), click continue storing (which then begins to play the first track of the CD being stored and loses the station / media you were / are in the middle of listening to). I feel like there should almost be a “jump” / “last” button for the radio similar to that of Sony or other TV remote controls. If anything, the car should continue to store after it is shut down, so that it is possibly finished when you return.

And, also, can videos (movies, etc.) be stored on the car's hard drive?

Last edited by dbs600; 01-16-2011 at 09:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 01:43 AM   #4
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Are you asking if the car should continue to play from the point where you shut off the car?

It does that for me when I interrupt a song from the USB stick. Not sure if that's the same for on-board HDD stored music. As far as I can recall, it did the same for music CDs (only played like one or two CDs in the car a LONG time ago... I do know that the car also remembers to continue from the last point played on all the DVDs (changer and single drive).

As to storing movies on the on-board HDD, I don't think that's possible (also because BMW would get into legal issues about copyright protection, etc). Besides if I remember correctly, there is only 12GB of free space on the HDD for you to use. If you are lucky, you might be able to store like 3 movies on there ...

I do know for a fact that you can't play any kind of video files via the USB either
At least it wasn't possible when I tried that about a year ago and I don't think they have or ever will change that (although I hope that one day this will be a possibility...)
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0