BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

07-18-2017, 06:17 PM   #23
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
I have connected drive on my Canadian car?!?

Does not do a lot, lock/unlock car, send GPS locations to cars navi from app and locate car (if within 1 mile).
You have a very limited version of Connected Drive (it's called Connected Drive Classic) not Connected Drive + which is more full featured. As well, if you have an Android phone you don't even have Connected Drive anymore because BMW Remote doesn't work on Nougat.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 12:03 AM   #24
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cibbersicks View Post
Meh, you'll get my attention when you update it to heat my car in winter
Yup... remote start at the top of my list
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 01:36 AM   #25
mjn77
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 LCI Jerez Black

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Had "Send Routes To Car" for the last 6 years in the UK and "last mile" navigation!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 01:45 AM   #26
matbl
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G31

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
The Connecteddrive app on my Galaxy S7E functions like it was wrote in a visual basic class in 2002. WHERE'S MY SPOTIFY INTEGRATION FOR ANDROID, you know, the most popular OS in the world. BMW tech has me shaking my head.
Works for me on my Galaxy Alpha...
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 04:42 AM   #27
seedyrom
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M240i, X3 20i, 2002, 2002tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvding View Post
And they don't offer RWD anymore (except for current M car which Germany only build it in RWD), not even as an option for enthusiasts like myself to custom order. I know most customers here in Canada are soccer moms, avg buyers. They all want xDrive AWD and it sells well. But why do u take RWD away completely? How much does it cost for you to remain a RWD version ordering system?
Funnily enough, they don't sell xdrive/AWD in Australia. Which annoyed me, as I would have chosen that.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 07:35 AM   #28
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
You have a very limited version of Connected Drive (it's called Connected Drive Classic) not Connected Drive + which is more full featured. As well, if you have an Android phone you don't even have Connected Drive anymore because BMW Remote doesn't work on Nougat.
Sure. What other features am I missing? Don't really see a need for anything else.

And luckily I have a real phone.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 08:49 AM   #29
msej449
msej449
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i Convertible +LSD 2016

Garage List
I'd much rather BMW focused on my not having to physically plug my Phone into my USB port in order for it to work fully. Fine, I can flash the lights, but if I don't plug it in, then the fuel and mileage won't get updated for when I'm planning a journey and want to know if I need to leave time to refuel. And I'm fed up with having to restart ConnectedDrive; re-authorise; menu-hop to TuneIn; select TuneIn; run TuneIn; pre-select my stream etc. every time after I stop to pick someone up, refuel, stop for coffee .... They're just consistently behind what the tech can do. My guess is that their on-board software is all hacked code by hardware engineers, not app/dev gurus, which is why it's like using something from an early Star Trek episode.
      07-19-2017, 09:25 AM   #30
The-Traveler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & G30 530e

You can install the U.S. app on a Canadian phone along side the Canadian one as well. Super easy, I’ve done it.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 11:32 AM   #31
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Sure. What other features am I missing? Don't really see a need for anything else.

Not being an iLemming, I can really only comment on the differences between BMW Connected Classic and BMW Connected + on Android, but IIRC: no proper office integration (Android N doesn't have a "default" email app and no option to connect through ConnectedDrive servers), BMW Remote doesn't work, Send to Car doesn't work from the app, crippled BMW internet, no web radio, no Spotify.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 11:33 AM   #32
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Traveler View Post
You can install the U.S. app on a Canadian phone along side the Canadian one as well. Super easy, I’ve done it.
I have to, but I can't get my VIN registered to a Connected account so I don't seem to have any functionality. Have you got a workaround?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 12:00 PM   #33
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Traveler View Post
You can, but you still cannot get US Connected Drive account with a Canadian car.
      07-19-2017, 12:02 PM   #34
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i

Garage List
Quote:

Connected Drive store, for example. Without it you cannot use IFTTT: https://ifttt.com/bmwlabs
      07-19-2017, 01:04 PM   #35
carzaddict
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV

what exactly is the difference between this and the older version?

from 2013 the Connected app was able to send locations to the car and last mile, send ETA stuff. they basically republished the same PR
      07-19-2017, 01:11 PM   #36
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Here's a review of the updated app.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...onnected-.html

The current version works fine on my Android phone and tablet, and with Alexa. Since I have a 2018 440i, there is some new info on the vehicle status page, including remaining gallons of fuel and range, odometer, TPM, oil level and next maintenance.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 02:12 PM   #37
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedyrom View Post
Quote:
And they don't offer RWD anymore (except for current M car which Germany only build it in RWD), not even as an option for enthusiasts like myself to custom order. I know most customers here in Canada are soccer moms, avg buyers. They all want xDrive AWD and it sells well. But why do u take RWD away completely? How much does it cost for you to remain a RWD version ordering system?
Funnily enough, they don't sell xdrive/AWD in Australia. Which annoyed me, as I would have chosen that.
Iol?if u want awd why not go for audi?its system is better than bmw
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 03:31 PM   #38
seedyrom
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M240i, X3 20i, 2002, 2002tii

Quote:
My current ride is a 600hp RWD.
I know what loss of traction feels like.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 03:33 PM   #39
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedyrom View Post
Quote:
My current ride is a 600hp RWD.
I know what loss of traction feels like.
600hp need awd make sense. But here in Canada, they put xdrive on 180hp 320i. Ridiculous
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 04:35 PM   #40
otay
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

zzzzzzzzzzz
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 05:49 PM   #41
2000Z3M
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i ZHP

now only of the app would open...
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 09:45 AM   #42
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Attachment 1658970
Munich/Chicago. At the start of 2017, BMW used its recently launched 5 Series and BMW Connected Onboard – which made its debut in the new model – to showcase the potential unlocked by digital services in the area of personalisation. It represented a major step towards the goal of an overall digital customer profile, providing a personalised mobility experience that not only works in a customer’s own BMW, but also in other models from the brand. This is an important connectivity goal for the BMW Group. Building on this, the company is introducing a new era of highly personalised services at the Innovation Days 2017 event in the form of BMW Connected+.

BMW Connected+ provides a digital bridge between smartphones and vehicles. It delivers the next level of in-car personalisation and smartphone content integration on the Control Display. This makes display and operation in the vehicle simpler than ever. At the same time, new services are being introduced that aid individual mobility planning and help users find their way in an ever-more complex world. For the BMW Group, personalisation is the key to really staying in tune with the needs of customers and assisting smartphone usage, both inside and outside the vehicle.

The new services from BMW Connected+.
BMW Connected and ConnectedDrive service integration has been developed with the BMW driver’s needs in mind. People want to be productive during their journey, especially business customers. To this end, BMW Connected’s digital services and productivity features help drivers to be as efficient as possible with their daily routines – inside and outside the car – so they can spend more time enjoying life.

Send my Routes to Car: Route planning using a smartphone is now easier than ever. After the destination is entered, BMW Connected+ checks whether the car has enough fuel for the journey. If not, BMW Connected+ suggests a suitable fuel stop along the way, which the user can simply add to their route. The route can then be transferred directly to the vehicle. Once in the vehicle, the scheduled stops are displayed and the route can be initiated with a single click.

Share Live Trip Status: With this new feature, the question “What’s your ETA” is now a thing of the past. Current location and time of arrival can be shared by the driver with business partners, friends or family. The driver can send a link via SMS to the people selected via Share Live Trip Status at the start of the journey or if there are delays en route. Using this link will display the user’s current position on a map, along with the arrival time based on real-time traffic data. The big advantage here is that everyone is kept up to date automatically, allowing the driver to stay focused on arriving safely. There is even an option for those waiting to receive further SMS updates if there are any changes to the arrival time.

Navigate Door-to-Door: Finding a parking place at the end of a journey does not always mean arriving at the final destination. Navigate Door-to-Door is a feature designed to guide users on the final leg of their journey (Last Mile) and back to their car when they are ready (First Mile). Once the car is parked, the driver will receive a message on the car’s display confirming that their smartphone is now ready to provide directions to continue on foot. At the same time, BMW Connected+ sends a push notification to the user’s smartphone to initiate navigation on foot.

If the driver has appointments later in the day, the “Time to Leave Notification” function familiar from BMW Connected can let them know the ideal time to set off in order to arrive punctually. This takes into account the time needed to walk to the BMW and can display navigation information on a smartphone or smartwatch.

My Destinations: This feature provides rapid access from any connected device to both contact information in the user’s address book and the most recently visited destination stored in the navigation system. This intelligent destination search function is linked with the user’s contacts, so choosing the next destination is as simple as entering someone’s name and selecting the associated address.

Thanks to BMW Connected Onboard, BMW Connected+ transforms the user’s vehicle into a personalised control centre for digital mobility. Once the driver’s smartphone has seamlessly connected to the car, they can access selected features via the car’s central display.

BMW Connected can be downloaded as a free app for IOS and Android devices. BMW Connected+ comprises additional new digital services which will become available in 28 countries at the end of July via an update release (6.0). To use the app, customers must have a smartphone and their vehicle has to be specified with the option ConnectedDrive Services (6AK).

Highlights in Video

Still can't get my iPhone email to reliably display on the Idrive screen (going on 8 years)
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 11:50 AM   #43
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

So many words to say so little. What a poorly written description.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 01:59 PM   #44
BarlasaM
Gravity Sucks.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

BMW Connected 6.0 is now available for iOS devices.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0