BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

06-16-2021, 11:48 AM   #1
MLB607
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 750li M-Sport

Hey guys, I'm Mike and I'm new to the 750 world. I have previously owned two e70 X5
M-Sports back to back. Unfortunately totaled my last X5 in an ice storm this past February. Always wanted to try on a 7 series so I got one in March and here I am. Picked up a 2012 750li M-Sport in black sapphire from a personal seller. Car has 116k miles on it but previous owner had the engine replaced by BMW at 81k and trans at 87k and I have all the paperwork from that work so this things golden. It was stock when I bought it and since then I've had the tint taken off, lowered on H&Rs (springs front and links rear), 12mm front and 15mm rear spacers, blacked out chrome on door handles and trunk lid as well as the front reflectors, debadged, had the rear lower diffuser professionally painted to body color, black kidney grills and added a body matched roof spoiler. Next up are some brand new bay optiks headlights and vrsf catless DPs. Here are a few pics from stock to where she sits now.
Attached Images

2013 Black Sapphire 50i X5 M-Sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 10:54 AM   #2
KJEEP
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 750i X Drive M Sport

Car looks great.

But why did you get rid of the tinted windows? Would've help with the look and stance.

Although if you are going with the black-out theme, may I suggest blacking out the side chrome plate as well?

And no front plate in NY? Ballsy...

I wanted to go with catless DPs as well BUT I heard PA emissions is pretty strict on that and my trusted indy shop is in NJ...
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 11:00 AM   #3
MLB607
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 750li M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJEEP View Post
Car looks great.

But why did you get rid of the tinted windows? Would've help with the look and stance.

Although if you are going with the black-out theme, may I suggest blacking out the side chrome plate as well?

And no front plate in NY? Ballsy...

I wanted to go with catless DPs as well BUT I heard PA emissions is pretty strict on that and my trusted indy shop is in NJ...

Thanks brotha. Got rid of the tint for a couple reasons besides not being a huge fan of it, the first being is not rocking a front plate which is def illegal in NY, and so is the tint so I figured no tint will give the cops one less reason to pull me over. Second being that is was that crappy tint that looks purple and I couldn't stand it.

I'm on the fence about blacking out the chrome on the sides but I need to replace the right one anyway since it's not working so I have time to think.

I had the vrsf castles DPs on my previous X5 M-Sport and ya they threw codes. A fiend of mine has a shop and before I got it inspected, he turned the codes off, drove it for 60 miles or so to reset the monitors and got it inspected immediately before the light came back on.
2013 Black Sapphire 50i X5 M-Sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 11:11 AM   #4
KJEEP
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 750i X Drive M Sport

Yeah. That is why I was considering the ARM DPs (they have a CEL Delete Kit) but I still heard PA inspections actually measure the emissions from the exhaust. Need to get my MDX inspected so I will see how strict it really is and then ultimately decide.

I already have a BMS Stage 1 on the car so DPs are a natural progression...
Appreciate 0