BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-23-2014, 01:09 PM   #1
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT

Can't get women to respond!

Hey guys,

Need a few tips. I'm pretty good at getting numbers, but awful at getting responses haha. I usually wait 3-4 days before texting, and typically say something like, "Hey, _____, it's Yawar, we met at ______! Have a good day today!" Very simple, that doesn't require them to be binded to do something. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a trick to this I'm not getting?

Advice would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 01:12 PM   #2
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Go ask grimlock, he's got the texting thing down
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 01:14 PM   #3
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

You're much better off giving them your number. Was great chatting w you, enjoy your night, here's my number give me a shout sometime. Then walk away and don't look back. Women invariably want guys who have something better to do and by giving them your # you're being assertive but considerate of their privacy. 9/10 times you'll get a text within an hour.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 01:19 PM   #4
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
You're much better off giving them your number. Was great chatting w you, enjoy your night, here's my number give me a shout sometime. Then walk away and don't look back. Women invariably want guys who have something better to do and by giving them your # you're being assertive but considerate of their privacy. 9/10 times you'll get a text within an hour.

This was going to be my suggestion as well. Give them your number and leave the ball in their court.
      10-23-2014, 01:20 PM   #5
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

You wait 3-4 days? She's lost interest.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 01:21 PM   #6
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

I don't think you should wait 4 days. If you are really interested, maybe 2 days. Don't play stupid waiting games.

Edited: Haha, I posted before I saw Sara's reply. See, us girls are thinking the same thing!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 01:25 PM   #7
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette
I don't think you should wait 4 days. If you are really interested, maybe 2 days. Don't play stupid waiting games.

Edited: Haha, I posted before I saw Sara's reply. See, us girls are thinking the same thing!
Well how old are these women you are hoping will text you back? The ladies are right, and in my experience the bullshit tolerance decreases rapidly with age.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 01:25 PM   #8
fcman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Hey guys,

Need a few tips. I'm pretty good at getting numbers, but awful at getting responses haha. I usually wait 3-4 days before texting, and typically say something like, "Hey, _____, it's Yawar, we met at ______! Have a good day today!" Very simple, that doesn't require them to be binded to do something. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a trick to this I'm not getting?

You aren't giving them anything to work with here. How are they going to respond to that? "You Too!"

You SHOULD invite them to do something, or at least end with an interesting question so that they can actually respond. Attractive women (even average women) get uninteresting, passive guys contacting them all the time.

If you are the first one to initiate contact after meeting, and she isn't blowing up your phone trying to get you to hang out, you are the one that needs to take the initiative. You are going to have to put in the work. Another tip would be to call rather than text when you invite them out, don't give them too much time to think about whether or not she wants to go out with you, most likely she doesn't even know you well enough to make that decision. If she's that opposed to the idea, she'll just say no up front or shortly after. You kinda need to put people on the spot. You just don't want to pressure them, ie dont ask again if they say no, don't beg or try to convince them, that kind of stuff only works on close friends and can make you seem creepy to others.

Last edited by fcman; 10-23-2014 at 01:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 01:25 PM   #9
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
You wait 3-4 days? She's lost interest.
THIS! Seriously? Why the hell are you waiting? CALL THEM THE NEXT DAY.

Yes, you read that correctly. CALL. Pick up the damn phone, talk for a bit, and set something up. I know this goes against today's logic, but you'd be surprised how women respond to an actual phone call. Any hill billy can text, but how many have the balls to pick up the phone and talk?

Also, why are you saying "Have a good day" after? You're not even allowing them to enter the conversation.

"Hey, this is yada yada from the other night, had a really great time meeting you the other night! What's going on?"

If they don't answer the question, you have your answer. If they answer the question, you have started a....., conversation.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 01:26 PM   #10
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

I just text after 5 minutes, and say, "I love oranges. Will you have 10 of my children?"

Why am I not getting responses?

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 01:28 PM   #11
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
I just text after 5 minutes, and say, "I love oranges. Will you have 10 of my children?"

Why am I not getting responses?

You are instantly gratifying your love of oranges before them. How would that make you feel?

I love these lemons so much! But I guess you're ok yourself, make my babies?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 01:30 PM   #12
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
You are instantly gratifying your love of oranges before them. How would that make you feel?

I love these lemons so much! But I guess you're ok yourself, make my babies?
This is why I come to the OT. Solid advice, man. Solid.

But it's not just, "my babies." It's 10 of them. I feel this is important to convey immediately within 5 minutes in a text message. Weed out the tire kickers.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 01:43 PM   #13
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post

I know right?

I gave a guy my number and he waited like 3 days to text me. He did not get a response from me. I dont play that game. If you ask for my number then you need to communicate. None of this wait 3-4 days bullshit. NEXT.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 01:47 PM   #14
fcman
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I know right?

I gave a guy my number and he waited like 3 days to text me. He did not get a response from me. I dont play that game. If you ask for my number then you need to communicate. None of this wait 3-4 days bullshit. NEXT.
But womans are scary. I need to wait 3-4 days so she forgets that embarrassing dance move I did before vomiting into her Louis Vuitton bag.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 01:49 PM   #15
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

Quote:
I know right?

What if he was 'The One" You'll never know
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 01:49 PM   #16
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Hey guys,

so you haven't texted for 3-4 days and you expect them to respond? not only that, you ended the conversation in the first txt with "have a good day"

the only way you will get them to respond with that method is this:

"i know we just met 4 days ago, you might not remember me but i remember you. oh and i liked what you were wearing yesterday. have a good day."

now mind you, you might not get the response you were looking for but you're sure to get a response of some kind. even if it's a restraining order.
      10-23-2014, 01:49 PM   #17
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
*walk up to her* Nice shoes, let's f**k! *walk away* If she follows you, win. If she doesn't, move on.
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 01:52 PM   #18
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CrazE89 View Post

You mean like Neyo from The Matrix? He is the only "One" that I can think of. So if she gave her number to Keanu Reeves and he didn't call, well, I think that really means something deep here.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 01:55 PM   #19
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Agree with what others said. If you must wait, wait a day. Anything longer than that and it's just going to look like you're playing games. I like calling unless you're scared to talk over the phone. In that case texting is acceptable.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 01:56 PM   #20
fcman
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
You mean like Neyo from The Matrix? He is the only "One" that I can think of. So if she gave her number to Keanu Reeves and he didn't call, well, I think that really means something deep here.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 02:09 PM   #21
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CrazE89 View Post
If he was the one his ass would have texted me the next day. Obviously I wasnt high enough priority on his list for even a "hi" text. As much as people use their phones on a daily basis its unacceptable to me to go that long without so much as saying hello.

Mr. Parto just lost me to Mr. Ferrara. Why? Because he actually texts me, every single day from the day he gave me his number and hasnt stopped.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 02:12 PM   #22
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcman View Post
But womans are scary. I need to wait 3-4 days so she forgets that embarrassing dance move I did before vomiting into her Louis Vuitton bag.
No, we arent in middle school.If you want to talk to someone then just do it! If you ask a woman for her number to her that obviously means you want to talk to her. Then if there is no communication on your end for days its basically a big "Fuck You" to her.
Appreciate 0