BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-06-2016, 08:49 AM   #265
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

So....that pre opening credit scene last night....are the writers just bringing back characters now for the sake of bringing them back?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 09:06 AM   #266
atinybug
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e92 335i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
So....that pre opening credit scene last night....are the writers just bringing back characters now for the sake of bringing them back?
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...igger/Theories

That theory has been floating around from book readers for several years. Also,

CLEGANE BOWL GET HYPE
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2016, 09:52 AM   #267
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by atinybug View Post
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...igger/Theories

That theory has been floating around from book readers for several years. Also,

CLEGANE BOWL GET HYPE
I think Sandor is actually dead in the books, but his persona lives on as people continued to wear his helm after he was slain. That's why they can bring him Back in the TV shows - "The Hound" continued to be a character in the books even after Sandor was dead.

I think we are about to see an appearance from Lady Stoneheart too. The 3 guys who rode up to the settlement in the early part of the episode (and presumably attacked later) were members of the Brotherhood without Banners, which she should be leading now.
      06-06-2016, 11:21 AM   #268
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I saw the Hound, laughed a bit about the woman beat him, then promptly fell asleep. Did I miss any titties? The beginning warning didn't mention brief or otherwise nudity.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 11:23 AM   #269
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I saw the Hound, laughed a bit about the woman beat him, then promptly fell asleep. Did I miss any titties? The beginning warning didn't mention brief or otherwise nudity.
Yes, you did miss tits.

Also, anyone really think that was Arya at the end there? She seemed to be acting a bit too oblivious to the fact that face changing assassins were after her.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 11:30 AM   #270
other_evolved
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Yes, you did miss tits.

Also, anyone really think that was Arya at the end there? She seemed to be acting a bit too oblivious to the fact that face changing assassins were after her.
Could be a ruse to trick the men with no names into thinking that she is dead...?

Edit: She was also pretty damn cavalier in the scene prior to getting stabbed. No needle in sight, she's throwing cash around in the open with little regard for her safety, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 12:58 PM   #271
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

edit: I just opened FB and noticed this is pretty much the same theory everyone else has....

I have a slight theory on Arya, now it could be completely wrong based on the outcome of the books but here it is:

I think Arya and the Waif are one in the same. Think of Fight Club. The Waif is always in the right spot at the right time, right placement with Arya. She’s been there talking shit and discouraging Arya from succeeding at becoming one of the Faceless Men. Sort of like when Tyler was telling Bob standing out in front of the house that he’s too fat.

I think that we’ve been seeing the many phases of what it takes to be a Faceless Man and that whatever Jaqen is making her drink symbolizes the next step in progression.

It started out as a trust and loyalty test and finally progressed to physical combat training. Here, we notice that the Waif is ALWAYS in the right spot and always challenging Arya. When the Waif first showed up to smack Arya around with the staff, it was done in broad daylight with people around and no one gave AF or noticed.

The judgement of Arya not to poison Lady Crane symbolized the last “good” part of Arya and the scene where she pulls needle out of the ground is something like a farewell to the last good part of “who she is”… she’s still a Stark.

Jaqen’s instruction to the Waif to kill Arya more appeals to the side of her wanting to be part of the Faceless Men. This is the final portion of her “training” and the final purge of everything Stark.

When the Waif allegedly kills Arya, it’s more of a sign that the Stark inside Arya is dead. There is no more “good” left in her. I assume that the Waif will return to Jaqen and tell him what happened. To where he will say some dialogue will be exchange like:
Jaqen: So it is done?
Waif: Yes
Jaqen: The girl is dead
Waif: Yes the girl is dead.

The “Waif” then removes her mask and is Arya…..

Jaqen: Who is this girl?

Arya: No one.

Remember the whole theme of this season has been basically about rebirth, starting new and given a second chance. Almost every character has gone through some sort of “rebirth” whether good or bad.
Not to mention D&D didn’t spend 4 seasons building up the Faceless Man subplot only to waste it way with Arya dying in the gutter. Also I believe the next episode is titled “No One”. I also think that when Arya was bleeding out on the streets it was all in her head... people did look this go around but it is more of a symbol to show the pain of the Stark inside her dying. It actually never physically happened.

could be totally wrong though :dunno: but I think it makes sense.

Last edited by EALm4; 06-06-2016 at 01:17 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2016, 01:52 PM   #272
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
^ This is a really interesting theory. I'm looking forward to see how it pans out.
      06-06-2016, 02:35 PM   #273
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Also to come back a bit, when we saw Arya in some sort of hiding spot / cavern and she blew out the light... that represented pretty much the absolute last of what is Arya Stark.

From what I recall, she is the only Stark out there that has had no contact with anyone else. All the other Stark's have had someone with them. Like Bran and Rickon, Sansa and Jon. They all knew at least ONE other Stark (or snow) was alive.

All she knows is her entire family could be dead and she has no reason to continue to fight and be a Stark... but she should just to avenge her family.

I believe going forward there will be "no one".

edit2:
Also the Waif isnt a bad looking chick outside of the show

Last edited by EALm4; 06-06-2016 at 02:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2016, 08:10 PM   #274
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

^^ That b1tch is REALLY starting to piss me off! I mean WTF is her problem? She has been an epic b1tch to the Arya since day one. Even though, Arya ain't helping her own case by continually fukin up her orders.
And how in TF did the Hound NOT hear all of the carnage and death going on while he was chopping wood??? By the way, that one now deceased leader of that group of peaceful folks is a good actor. Hated to see him come and go like that. And kudos to the little girl ruler who offered up the 62 soldiers. Great bit of acting.
      06-06-2016, 08:39 PM   #275
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Also... What is Queen Margerie's "end game" is she fokin with the High Sparrow to help her brother or what? That note she slipped her Grandma simply had their families crest, meaning for her to leave Kings Landing now. But why?
      06-06-2016, 09:25 PM   #276
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
^^ That b1tch is REALLY starting to piss me off! I mean WTF is her problem? She has been an epic b1tch to the Arya since day one. Even though, Arya ain't helping her own case by continually fukin up her orders.
And how in TF did the Hound NOT hear all of the carnage and death going on while he was chopping wood??? By the way, that one now deceased leader of that group of peaceful folks is a good actor. Hated to see him come and go like that. And kudos to the little girl ruler who offered up the 62 soldiers. Great bit of acting.
lol read my theory on Arya and the Waif... in short they are the same person.
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2016, 09:53 PM   #277
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE
Also... What is Queen Margerie's "end game" is she fokin with the High Sparrow to help her brother or what? That note she slipped her Grandma simply had their families crest, meaning for her to leave Kings Landing now. But why?
She is playing everyone. Remember - she said earlier that she doesn't want to be queen, she wants to be "The Queen".

She now realizes her power base is in the High Sept mass appeal, and her ability to control from a religious fanatic side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 09:57 PM   #278
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Pretty good episode. Maybe some action next week?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 01:29 PM   #279
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Pretty good episode. Maybe some action next week?
Haha! Fingers crossed...
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 01:30 PM   #280
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
She is playing everyone. Remember - she said earlier that she doesn't want to be queen, she wants to be "The Queen".

She now realizes her power base is in the High Sept mass appeal, and her ability to control from a religious fanatic side.
Ahhhh. Makes sense.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 01:35 PM   #281
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I took it to mean that Margaery's loyalty still lies with the Tyrell's. She is still a Rose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post

Yup.
      06-09-2016, 03:01 PM   #282
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Thought I'd share.... Looks like the Season Finale will be "absolutely EPIC"!!!

See below... FYI, nothing too revealing IMO.

Quote:
Game of Thrones

Posted June 8 2016 — 1:27 PM EDT

The leaks are true: HBO.com has confirmed the titles and running time of the final two episodes of Game of Thrones season 6.

One of these titles could be construed as a spoiler, however, so if you want to truly know nothing about the last two episodes, stop reading now…

The title of episode 9 (and this is the spoiler-y one) is “Battle of the Bastards” – presumably referring to the epic Jon Snow vs. Ramsay Bolton face-off that’s been teased all season. The Thrones showrunners have previously told us that season 6 includes the biggest battle in the show’s history and it’s fair to assume this is it. The running time is 60 minutes, which is firmly on the long side. That episode airs June 19.

The title of the finale is “The Winds of Winter” – a nod to George R.R. Martin’s forthcoming sixth novel in his A Song of Ice and Fire Saga (which was also given a verbal shout-out by Arya’s favorite theater troupe in Braavos earlier this season). The finale is a whopping 69 minutes long – which makes it the longest Thrones episode ever. That airs June 26.

Both episodes are directed by Miguel Sapochnik, who helmed last year’s acclaimed “Hardhome.”

There are no descriptions yet for either episode, despite a bogus “leaked” finale description that some sites posted. That one includes a rather hilarious Lady Stoneheart trolling attempt – “Brienne (Gwendoline Christie) meets a friend turned foe” – as if the Thrones producers would ever put such a baiting line in their ultra-vague descriptions).

But there is a description for episode 8, “No One,” which airs Sunday.
      06-09-2016, 03:12 PM   #283
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 04:48 PM   #284
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep