BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-16-2016, 10:14 PM   #177
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_marinelli View Post
The link goes into the theory I think will happen on the dispute with the High Sparrow.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/game-thro...211615688.html
While watching the show, I figured Cersei was setting up the Tyrells. The question is whether or not Olenna will really fall for it. I do agree w/ the article, though, that playing Rains of Castamere was a bit of foreshadowing.

I did like BFT being all 'Oh...Stannis?.....I f'ing killed him' (paraphrasing) to Melisandre and Davos on top of Davos' asking Melisandre about Stannis having been the Prince Who Was Promised.

I'm still waiting for Zombie Mountain to go frickin' berserker on people....maybe the High Sparrow and his minions.

Looking forward to Bran warging over the wall next week. From the preview, it looked like the King of the White Walkers actually notices him/his presence and turns and stares at him.
      05-18-2016, 09:58 PM   #178
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post

I'm anticipating Ramsay's death to be epic.
Part of me hopes Ramsay continues this tear. It's like a car crash, it sucks but I cant look away. His scenes are so powerful and gripping. After every time hes on camera i say damn hes f'ed up... every single time.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 10:10 PM   #179
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Part of me hopes Ramsay continues this tear. It's like a car crash, it sucks but I cant look away. His scenes are so powerful and gripping. After every time hes on camera i say damn hes f'ed up... every single time.
I'm kind of the same way, though I do wish him a miserable ending. One thing for sure, for every asshole evil mf'er on this show, there is another one waiting in the wings to replace them.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 11:24 PM   #180
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

They can NOT get rid of that muthaf***** fast enough for me. I can't stand characters or individuals like that whatsoever. Assholes deserve to be wiped out immediately!
      05-19-2016, 08:12 AM   #181
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
God damn, she is gorgeous!
Attached Images

2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 3
      05-19-2016, 09:32 AM   #182
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Haha I do the same thing. I'm curious to see how his story plays out.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 09:47 AM   #183
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Haha I do the same thing. I'm curious to see how his story plays out.
Unless they plan on ending the series soon, there's not going to be a Stark reunion @ Winterfell, after defeating Ramsay in some tortuous manner, Dany and Tyrion riding dragons to Kings landing and taking out the nasties there, and everybody having a hugfest.

In the books (and earlier in the shows), they make a lot of fuss about "Winter is coming", a long period of years of harsh weather and the need to prepare for the cold... inclusive of the Wildlings potentially attacking. For the past few seasons, that all seems to be all but forgotten, and the Wildlings are allies of the Starks now. Why not the weather though?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 09:54 AM   #184
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Unless they plan on ending the series soon, there's not going to be a Stark reunion @ Winterfell, after defeating Ramsay in some tortuous manner, Dany and Tyrion riding dragons to Kings landing and taking out the nasties there, and everybody having a hugfest.

In the books (and earlier in the shows), they make a lot of fuss about "Winter is coming", a long period of years of harsh weather and the need to prepare for the cold... inclusive of the Wildlings potentially attacking. For the past few seasons, that all seems to be all but forgotten, and the Wildlings are allies of the Starks now. Why not the weather though?
That's a really good point. The weather seems to be no issue now. And what about everything going on beyond the wall? Is Jon just going to forget about the White Walkers? I feel like this season is flying by because there is so much to cover.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 10:33 AM   #185
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
They can NOT get rid of that muthaf***** fast enough for me. I can't stand characters or individuals like that whatsoever. Assholes deserve to be wiped out immediately!
Yea but when you see him do some f'd up sht you think in the back of your mind - revenge will be sweet... hopefully. I'm hoping for a capture and a long drawn out torture with vindication for each character that was wronged, with Sansa and Theon reciprocating the torture the received but to be honest, GOT doesn't really work like that. Have the Starks had any vindication thus far? No and this worries me. I'm thinking Ramsay will die at the hands of the White Walkers but this will not be at all satisfying, especially if his is risen after death as a White Walker himself. They have a great thing going with Ramsey, similar to what they had with Geoffrey (who was not killed by a stark which i didn't like - died way to fast and cheaply) and they are going to draw it out since they have full creative control since his fate has not been written in the books yet.

Theon Greyjoy: "Please, mercy! Mercy!"

Ramsay Snow: "This is mercy. I'm not killing you. Just making a few...alterations."

"People talk about phantom limbs. An amputee might have an itch where his foot used to be, so I've always wondered, do eunuchs have a phantom c**k? The next time you think about naked girls, will you feel an itch? Sorry. I shouldn't make jokes. My mother taught me not to throw stones at cripples... but my father taught me, 'aim for their head'!"

"You don't look like Theon Greyjoy anymore. That's a name for a lord, but you're not a lord, are you? You're just meat. Stinking meat. (Sniffs him) You reek.....Reek! That's a good name for you!"

What a scene. What a stir of emotions, this was perfectly done to create, for me, the best villain of GOT. Very similar to the beheading of Ned Stark.
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2016, 10:39 AM   #186
atinybug
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e92 335i 6mt

Here's a theory about the white walkers that explains a lot about them and posits a source for the words "winter is coming". It also hinges on R + L = J being true but most people seem to think so anyway.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comm...thers_and_the/
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 10:53 AM   #187
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
That's a really good point. The weather seems to be no issue now. And what about everything going on beyond the wall? Is Jon just going to forget about the White Walkers? I feel like this season is flying by because there is so much to cover.
Taken from some one else but I searched this to see what other meanings other then the literal interpretation have been discussed.

The meaning of the Game of Thrones (2011) phrase “Winter is coming” has a few layers. First, and most literally, it means exactly what it says -- winter is coming. The land of Westeros has very odd seasonal structures where summer and winter can last for long periods of time without anyone knowing when they will switch.

Second, it is the motto of House Stark, and refers to their vigilance. It is an expression that means one should always be prepared. As rulers of the North, they must always be ready for anything that could happen -- and eventually, something will. Thus, winter is coming.

Third, George R. R. Martin, creator of the book series on which the show is based, explains that there is also deeper metaphorical meaning generally expressing the sentiment that dark periods occur in life. Even if things are currently going well in your world ("summer"), this won't last forever. There will eventually come a dark period, a coldness, when events turn against us ("winter"). This metaphorical interpretation reflects the underlying message of the entire show, as nobody is ever safe or comfortable for too long.

The archetypal symbol of winter appears in other famous literary texts. For instance, in the opening line of Shakespeare's play Richard III, Richard of the House of York forewarns, "Now is the winter of our discontent/ Made glorious summer by this sun of York..." Parallel to the ominous warning behind the Game of Thrones' phrase, winter is used in the play as a metaphor to convey the dark and cold season wherein danger and even death may await.

Martin has also stated that the Hundred Years War is an inspiration for the Game of Thrones story. As History Behind Game of Thrones puts it, "All the problems of the fifteenth-century—the Great Famine, the low-crop yields, the populations who lived on the razor’s edge of starvation, whose weakened bodies were ripe pickings for the Black Death—were made worse by the war. But, it was the weather that caused many of these problems. Perhaps, appropriately, in Game of Thrones, the weather is the backdrop to everything."

For the Game of Thrones' characters, "winter is coming" undeniably suggests that doom, destruction and death will blow into their lives. Whether any given character survives the onslaught is not guaranteed.

So I would say for the starks, winter is here and spring is no where in sight. To answer; it's not said anymore bc winter is here.

Last edited by StatenEye; 05-19-2016 at 10:59 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2016, 11:50 AM   #188
FType22
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

As many have said so far, I can only hope for a few things as this season continues to build momentum:

What will come of the fact that Cersei has figured out Lord Varys uses children as his spy network?

Will Ramsey continue to Ramsey, and if so, will his death be as satisfying as we're all hoping it will be?

With Bran facing the Whitewalkers next episode will there be an attempt to fortify alliances against them? Will there be another giant zombie battle like last season?

With being outnumbered, how will Jon face Ramsey (5k men vs 2k wildlings) ?

Will the mountain finally get to wreak the havoc we've all been dreaming of as a one man terminator, destroying that manipulative fuck the sparrow?

Will reek/theon ever be the same? Or will his sister kill him because she's annoyed by his weakness.

Will we see Sam again next episode? What will become of him? He seems to be a big enough character for the future that they've decided not to just ship him off and let us forget about him.

Most importantly, perhaps, is will we be able to go back with Bran to see what was happening with Lyanna in the tower? Is the theory of her giving birth going to be revealed at the end of the season?

I think that's all I have for now. so many questions and far to long a wait between Sundays.
Appreciate 2
      05-22-2016, 09:07 PM   #189
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Hold the door
      05-22-2016, 09:33 PM   #190
WoohooSoCal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 SS II / SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
Hold the door
Stop it.

It's killing me right now...
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 10:24 PM   #191
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Holy sh....that's just genius the origin of his name. Pure genius.
Appreciate 3
      05-22-2016, 10:25 PM   #192
Maniac0908
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 07 335xi Sedan

Please find the chick who played sansa in the play. The one with boobies
Appreciate 2
      05-22-2016, 10:27 PM   #193
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac0908 View Post
+1
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 10:34 PM   #194
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

So is this show that great? I have never seen a single episode. Is it worth the trouble where I need to binge-watch to catch up?

I did the same with Breaking bad, binge-watched while I traveled and caught up to the final season midway through. F*cking amazing show. Is Game of Thrones as good as Breaking Bad?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 10:48 PM   #195
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
So is this show that great? I have never seen a single episode. Is it worth the trouble where I need to binge-watch to catch up?

I did the same with Breaking bad, binge-watched while I traveled and caught up to the final season midway through. F*cking amazing show. Is Game of Thrones as good as Breaking Bad?
While I watched Breaking Bad, I didn't think it was as good as everyone made it out to be. IMO Game of Thrones is along the same line, just different kind of drama. For the first few seasons of GOT I couldn't keep up and understand wtf was going on because there were too many houses, kingdoms, and characters.

Anyway, I'm not as crazy over GOT like some on here but I do like it better than BB. I think of GOT as BB meets Walking Dead.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 11:29 PM   #196
WoohooSoCal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 SS II / SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac0908 View Post
You'll have to go through me first.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 11:33 PM   #197
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_

Fantastic show, you won't be disappointed.

BB - IMO - was about as good a show that has ever been on TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2016, 05:17 AM   #198
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_

Fantastic show, you won't be disappointed.

BB - IMO - was about as good a show that has ever been on TV.
It's only second to the wire, the wire was beyond great