BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-17-2015, 02:28 PM   #23
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
It's normal to be angry about it too. Anger, depression, they are close cousins IMO. One usually follows another.

Best thing to do is things to take your mind off of it. It'll be hard, but over time, doing the things you enjoy will make you realize you don't need her to have fun. Obviously you cared more than she did, so in the end it is better for you to not be with someone who doesn't feel the same about you. Keep on truckin' and you'll be good.

I would NOT suggest going out there and trying to find a new girlfriend right away. I mean if you are a player like everyone here on the forums, then slay as much tail as you can, but don't settle down with another girl too soon. Go out and have fun. Getting into a semi-serious or serious relationship right now could go south quick if you happen to come off as too emotional/needy from this very recent break up. Just my two cents.
      04-17-2015, 03:07 PM   #24
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Plan her untimely demise?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 03:58 PM   #25
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
It's normal to be angry about it too. Anger, depression, they are close cousins IMO. One usually follows another.

Best thing to do is things to take your mind off of it. It'll be hard, but over time, doing the things you enjoy will make you realize you don't need her to have fun. Obviously you cared more than she did, so in the end it is better for you to not be with someone who doesn't feel the same about you. Keep on truckin' and you'll be good.

I would NOT suggest going out there and trying to find a new girlfriend right away. I mean if you are a player like everyone here on the forums, then slay as much tail as you can, but don't settle down with another girl too soon. Go out and have fun. Getting into a semi-serious or serious relationship right now could go south quick if you happen to come off as too emotional/needy from this very recent break up. Just my two cents.
I mean, I didn't think I cared more. I was honestly over the relationship in the beginning, then it started to really hit me. I guess she isn't going through it as hard because she can (did) throw Vagina around and pick up someone else.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 04:06 PM   #26
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
I mean, I didn't think I cared more. I was honestly over the relationship in the beginning, then it started to really hit me. I guess she isn't going through it as hard because she can (did) throw Vagina around and pick up someone else.
You know, women like sex too, and you can throw your dick around if you're proud of it/you enough. There's millions of women in the world, don't let one get the best of you.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 04:52 PM   #27
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
You know, women like sex too, and you can throw your dick around if you're proud of it/you enough. There's millions of women in the world, don't let one get the best of you.
Quite proud of it actually, so was she. And I know I can throw it out there and reel someone in, just haven't been in the mood really.

Oddly enough when I was with her, there were no shortage of women, and now....crickets. I know, I just need to man up, find something constructive to do with my time.

Last edited by Taskmaster; 04-17-2015 at 05:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 05:36 PM   #28
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Quite proud of it actually, so was she. And I know I can throw it out there and reel someone in, just haven't been in the mood really.

Oddly enough when I was with her, there were no shortage of women, and now....crickets. I know, I just need to man up, find something constructive to do with my time.
Ahh yes, women love men when they're with another woman. It's bizarre, but true. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 11:20 PM   #29
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Ahh yes, women love men when they're with another woman. It's bizarre, but true. Good luck!
This is your confidence shining like a beacon in the dark and drawing the women to the flame
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 11:25 PM   #30
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

DOs and DON'Ts

DOs
1. Take photographs of where you go, travel, and do.
2. If she calls you, be nice to her. However, do NOT commit to meeting her etc. It shows that you have no hard feeling, and it was real freaking easy to get over her. Life goes on!

DON'Ts
1. Do NOT go to a club and take bunch of photos with 10 hot attractive girls who are drunk. Women can sense that you are just being desperate.
2. Try not tp date a girl who your exgf already knows. Get yourself out of her circle.
      04-18-2015, 07:27 PM   #31
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbb85
go to vegas, miami, cancun. u wont look back
Yes! Forget about wifing these girls. Go fcuk other girls and be happy.
      04-19-2015, 11:38 AM   #32
grieverr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
DOs and DON'Ts

DON'Ts

2. Try not tp date a girl who your exgf already knows. Get yourself out of her circle.
This is a great point and relates to what I would like to say... She is now the past, and you must put her there.

- How do you know she is doing well? Are you checking her social media? Stop it. Unfriend, unfollow, un-everything.
- Friends in common who are letting you know how she is/what she's up to? Tell them that you are not interested in knowing. If they keep bringing that up, stop hanging out with them.

It's ok to be bummed out over the break-up. Take some time reflect and let yourself come to accepting the split. Then start doing positive things for yourself (as others have already said). Time heals wounds and you'll quickly find yourself doing social activities with friends and family and meeting new people along the way.

In regards to the self improvement stuff, I don't think it works in the way that you'll go to a seminar and instantly feel empowered to take over the world. Nor do I think you'll gain some incredible knowledge that is being kept from you. But I do think that they provide a service in that there's always a message of positive thought and achieving goals. Sometimes hearing those perspectives can kick start your thought process and how to move forward in certain aspects of your life.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 11:33 PM   #33
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Personal development works whether you're up to your head in shit you've ever been in your life or when things are going unimaginably well; for the former, take it from someone who has been there. In fact, motivation and personal development has been an X-Factor. People think The Secret is baloney, but it's that they haven't practiced it 100%.

The biggest life changer for me? Mindset is everything; the event is neutral, but it's your reaction that makes the biggest difference. It's not what happens, it's what you do about it. "The same wind blows on us all. The economic wind, the social wind, the political wind. The same wind blows on everybody. The difference in where you arrive in one year, three years, five years, the difference in arrival is not the blowing of the wind but the set of the sail." -Jim Rohn

In terms of getting over an ex, I'm a firm believer in letting time heal all wounds, and distracting yourself from the negativities by doing things you like. Also, cut her out of your life completely. If she has any inclination to do so, she'll do it and it'll be the same shit all over again.
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2015, 02:47 AM   #34
e92_boost
Captain
Rep
Drives: Smart Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena
Quote:
Long story short

Broke up with GF
Kinda depressed
She's doing well (of course, attractive girl)
I'm not, want to spend less time brooding and more time doing

Suggestions.
Typically, girls (especially attractive ones) do far better than guys do after break up. However, it is much harder to find a right guy long run.

I would just go out 3-4x more than what you usually do. Go out alone during lunch or after work. Maybe go out on a date at night.

Do some of the stuff you always wanted to do. (cycling, take car out to the circuit, sports, etc).

Do some DIY on your house, car, etc.

Biggest thing is, DO NOT take your exgf back.
I hope you find younger, smarter, and more attractive girl.
+1111927362627 on this if she broke up with you fuck her you can do much better and will do better sorry for my foul language.
      04-21-2015, 08:52 AM   #35
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Nefarious from Baconville knows what's up.
Lots of good advice here, as usual. OT delivers.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2015, 09:42 AM   #36
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Could always try and put your mind to something fun like breaking a world record...,
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2015, 09:43 AM   #37
Douche
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup
Could always try and put your mind to something fun like breaking a world record...,
Yes, head to the "what to do on a first date" and let's break the record of fast and furious butt sex puns.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2015, 12:50 PM   #38
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Just focusing on my hobbies now and doing my thing. It's difficult because I'm the "Always win" type and I realize this is something that will take a while for me to end out on top.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2015, 01:02 PM   #39
Douche
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom
Just focusing on my hobbies now and doing my thing. It's difficult because I'm the "Always win" type and I realize this is something that will take a while for me to end out on top.
It's important to be sad too. You don't have to fear being sad, crying, etc.

All of the phases happen eventually, and you should embrace and understand it's all normal and part of the process.

You'll eventually only remember the good stuff and think it was wonderful before. That's a trick.

Focus on your thing, make plans for the future. Whenever you can rationalize, always remember this is a phase, and it will get better. Naturally you'll feel better later.

These times are tough, but because people usually focus on their own thing while facing them, you'll be amazed at how improved you're gonna be (physically, mentally, financially etc.) after the sad phase passes.
Appreciate 0