BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > Classifieds: For Sale / Trade / Wanted

11-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
MakoBimmer1
Booyakasha!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Mini Cooper S Coupe'

Garage List
FS: 2001 740i SteelBlue/Grey w/sport package SOLD

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
*The following post is for my colleague and friend*

Physician & Enthusiast Owned

Submitted for your approval is a Steel Blue Metallic BMW 740i with the Sport Package. It is original, and unique. First, it has the sought-after Widescreen Nav, and it also has a split-screen BMW software upgrade option. It has (a one-of-a-kind) $1000, dealer-installed BMW Bluetooth. It has an I-Pod interface, Heated Seats, Sun Shades (rear and side), Traction Control, a $1500 BMW Infrared Windshield, and Parking Distance Control (Front and Rear). But wait, there's more: It has a factory Sport Package, including Sport Seats and the Sport Steering Wheel. And, it all the standard options like every other 740 you'll find, but with no defects or problems. It has NEW OEM Michelin tires, and has been recently serviced to the tune of $3500- money that you won't need to spend on an lesser example. It has paint protection, and it is handsomely tinted. Finally, it has been serviced by BMW of Seattle, and I have a binder full of records documenting proper attention to this E38.

I searched a full year before finding this 740 in California in 2006, and since then, I have yet to see one nicer. I am confident that this 740 is one of the finest examples you'll find.

I have maintained this car in an uncompromising way. It does not have any of the problems of typical 740s: It does not have any burnt out pixels in the dash (a $1200 repair for those that do). It does not have scuffed up rocker panels- like every other example you will see. It does not have worn seats, or a worn out driver's seat bolster. It does not have a broken cup holder that you will need to spend $300 to replace. It is not missing its tool or first aid kit. It does not have any chips in the hood, nose or chipped windshield (like everything else available for sale. It does not have oil leaks, nor does it not have any inappropriate add-ons that detract from its sophistication.

This 740 runs, drives, handles, and rides like $100K+ worth of technology should--perfectly. This car is a low mileage vehicle at 103K, but after inspection, it looks and acts like a 20K vehicle. I will regret selling this car, but after owning three (having enjoyed the last two to the tune of 300K miles each), having six other cars and a new 2yo, it's time to let her go. I just cannot bring myself to mash the leather in this car with my little girl's car seat. It is time to let this fine example go to someone who will continue to enjoy it. Price is set considering the condition, unique features, and the recent sale price of a similar (less-optioned) example on Ebay see:

Why buy a lesser example, and end up with several thousand dollars in restoration? This car is really "turn key and enjoy!"

Please email your phone number for any questions. Email questions without a phone number will not generate a response.

Thanks for looking at this one-of-a-kind E38. There really is no comparison!

Asking $15,900
For more information, contact Kasra at director@ncoh.net

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--
--

--