BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-20-2015, 02:06 PM   #111
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Which one is the woman with the little kid again? There's way too much emoting going on in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 02:14 PM   #112
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Convicted View Post
Which one is the woman with the little kid again? There's way too much emoting going on in this thread.
There's way too much of a lot of things happening in this thread.
      05-20-2015, 02:48 PM   #113
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

After you use a bidet do you let it drip dry or pad it dry?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 03:14 PM   #114
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Shake it dry.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 03:48 PM   #115
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
It could've been worded a bit better if the objective was to warn against such rosy naivety and not so cryptic.

Usually, at least in my experience, we aren't all standing around in a circle crying and holding hands, but that's because everyone involved has come to terms that someone is about to pass and that they've lived a long life. I haven't had to deal with a sudden, unexpected death in the family so I can't speak for that, but when it's expected it's a bit different. Sometimes we're a bit relieved since it's painful watching someone who's old that you knew slowly lose themselves to some sort of disease and merely becoming a shell of what they once were.
ITT, the truth is frowned upon. I did try to apologize for the harshness, but then ended up on another frustrated rant.

However, in this post of yours, http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=102 I think you highlighted the "hell" that she's gone through and how it seems everyone other than her would have wagered on the current outcome of the situation. Perfect strangers on the internet knew the relationship with her ex shouldn't have progressed past the first date, let alone all the way to procreation. But then that's life, people want what they want when they want it. And now she has a daughter, beautiful i'm sure. I'm also sure she wouldn't change anything even if she had the chance to do it again. And i'm sure she's going to raise her as best as she can and instill as much good and compassion in her as possible. I believe Sara at her core is a wonderful person. I think (not that it matters what i think) she has good morals and good intentions. I also think that sometimes, good intentions can be harmful.

When posting yesterday, I was frustrated with some people who have been completely insensitive to my friends situation with her son. From people blowing up the most insignificant problems in their lives to incessant praises for the most mediocre crap their kids do. Of course this is real life events, not on FB. We're talking about people visiting her in the hospital while telling these stories or just having the attitude that this kind of thing will never happen to their little Susan or Johnny. She's has to be the "rock" of her family. Always being strong and positive and yesterday, she said those attitudes and comments really wore on her emotional state since she too thought none of this would ever happen to her children.

I guess seeing the guarantee set me off. But while my post wasn't sugar coated and could be considered as harsh; it was truthful. I can't help but think if my friend had pondered the possibility of unfavorable circumstances befalling her and her family, she may have been better prepared mentally when those circumstances landed on her doorstep. I'm not sure you can prepare emotionally, but mentally having a plan can help you cope emotionally.
      05-26-2015, 09:45 PM   #116
JTM09
BMW addict
Rep
Drives: German cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I hope your kid and the mother of your child read this one day.
well looks like I missed a little s hit show here ...

You called me "disrespectful"?

Don't assume to know anything about me or my family, pal.

I'd tell my wife and kid right now that I was bored. My wife was bored. She knows I was bored. My kid was bored. Because it is BORING caring for a newborn. Get off your high horse.

My wife, kid and I are all type A personalities. None of us can sit still. Doesn't mean we don't love and respect each other. Just because I didn't want to sit around cleaning bottles, doing laundry and watching him sleep does not make me a bad husband or father. How dare you??

My family is loved and cared for, and they know it. My type A personality makes a very nice living for them.

You can F*** off.
      05-26-2015, 10:28 PM   #117
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

I wouldn't blame anyone if they were born that way.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 06:47 AM   #118
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
After you use a bidet do you let it drip dry or pad it dry?
Leaf blower for best results.
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2015, 04:32 PM   #119
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
Leaf blower for best results.
Wifey's blow dryer, I mark the walls up too much when I bring the leaf blower indoors.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 06:41 AM   #120
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Wifey's blow dryer, I mark the walls up too much when I bring the leaf blower indoors.
I don't know, I tried my girlfriends blow dryer, and it just didn't have that pizazz that I look for. I just mounted one of these bad boys to the bathroom wall. You should hear all the reviews from my visitors about how well it dries their inner cheeks.

Appreciate 0