BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-17-2017, 09:07 PM   #1563
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Watered down Coors Light is actually water......
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 08:27 AM   #1564
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
My piss has more alcohol content i can ship
Reach out to Bear Grylls - he might make a good spokesman too.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 12:46 PM   #1565
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
What exactly is a fifth?
The answer to: 'Wherever you find 4 Catholics, you'll always find"
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7555.50
      09-18-2017, 10:13 PM   #1566
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Trader Joe's special again. This time they have highland scotch bourbon barrel. $16.99!
      09-18-2017, 10:47 PM   #1567
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
Trader Joe's special again. This time they have highland scotch bourbon barrel. $16.99!
GD, see, this is why I hate Martin Luther and nails and shit hung on doors. F'ing protestants screwing up my good liquor deals in TX for no good reason. Can't buy liquor in a regular store. Only beer and wine, and not before noon on Sunday.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2017, 08:22 AM   #1568
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
GD, see, this is why I hate Martin Luther and nails and shit hung on doors. F'ing protestants screwing up my good liquor deals in TX for no good reason. Can't buy liquor in a regular store. Only beer and wine, and not before noon on Sunday.
Oh you poor thing. If its that bad, move.

Up here, we (generally) can't buy even beer or wine in "regular" stores, by that I take it to mean convenience and grocery stores. I've always been amazed in the States that you can. So you have it better than others already, so no sympathy is coming from me.

I already have to go to a separate store to buy beer. And a different store to buy liquor / wine. And a different store to buy groceries. But I don't mind, its an accepted way of life here.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2017, 08:43 AM   #1569
Kev312
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
What exactly is a fifth?
Breakfast. Preferably Woodford Reserve.
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2017, 08:50 AM   #1570
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev312 View Post
Breakfast. Preferably Woodford Reserve.
Preferably with a splash of Orange Juice.

I've been on PYRAT XO Rum after I finished my bottle of Plantation 20yr Annv.

I also picked up a bottle of Glenfiddich 14 year and it's probably one of the best tasting Scotch's I've had in years. I normally stick to Glenmorangie (either Private Edition or their 18 year)...but this 14 year Glenfiddich is simply amazing. 12 year scotch aged for an additional 2 years in bourbon barrels. Many people do this in other barrles (sherry, french oak, etc) but I haven't had a sweet scotch like this in quite some time.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2017, 09:42 AM   #1571
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:
Oh you poor thing. If its that bad, move.

Up here, we (generally) can't buy even beer or wine in "regular" stores, by that I take it to mean convenience and grocery stores. I've always been amazed in the States that you can. So you have it better than others already, so no sympathy is coming from me.

I already have to go to a separate store to buy beer. And a different store to buy liquor / wine. And a different store to buy groceries. But I don't mind, its an accepted way of life here.
Congratulation on having dumber laws. I've lived in different states and different countries that don't make it hard on you and I don't see the problem. DWI is a big problem here, at least as much as those other places. So what do stupid "blue laws" accomplish?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2017, 10:25 AM   #1572
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Congratulation on having dumber laws. I've lived in different states and different countries that don't make it hard on you and I don't see the problem. DWI is a big problem here, at least as much as those other places. So what do stupid "blue laws" accomplish?
Thank you, thank you, thank you very much. If it helps at all, our dumb prime minister is currently waging war on small business and trying to tax them to death with his current proposals, so we're going to have a monopoly on dumb laws around here pretty soon. Fortunately, he's getting some push back, so who knows, maybe they'll back off.

Yeah, different states make it easier. I'm not sure the inconvenience makes it a dumb law per se, but I don't like it in its current form. If instead, the reason I had to buy it at separate stores was for economies of scale and I'd get it cheaper than I could buying at a grocery store, the law wouldn't be dumb one. Naturally, since it is government run, this doesn't happen.

I don't know to answer your question what it accomplishes. If the objective was to prevent DWI, then seems to me making penalties stiffer, or outlawing alcohol altogether would be the solution. But there must be a reason they gave you as to why they do it?

Up here, its under the pretense that the government can control the distribution and prevent minors (ha ha ha) from purchasing. I think they may have even had the gall at one time to suggest it could be cheaper prices.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2017, 10:30 AM   #1573
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you, thank you, thank you very much. If it helps at all, our dumb prime minister is currently waging war on small business and trying to tax them to death with his current proposals, so we're going to have a monopoly on dumb laws around here pretty soon. Fortunately, he's getting some push back, so who knows, maybe they'll back off.

Yeah, different states make it easier. I'm not sure the inconvenience makes it a dumb law per se, but I don't like it in its current form. If instead, the reason I had to buy it at separate stores was for economies of scale and I'd get it cheaper than I could buying at a grocery store, the law wouldn't be dumb one. Naturally, since it is government run, this doesn't happen.

I don't know to answer your question what it accomplishes. If the objective was to prevent DWI, then seems to me making penalties stiffer, or outlawing alcohol altogether would be the solution. But there must be a reason they gave you as to why they do it?

Up here, its under the pretense that the government can control the distribution and prevent minors (ha ha ha) from purchasing. I think they may have even had the gall at one time to suggest it could be cheaper prices.
What's the huge liquor store you guys gave up there? A friend of mine lived in Montreal and we went it to a huge shop one day that made a California BevMo look small.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2017, 11:05 AM   #1574
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
What's the huge liquor store you guys gave up there? A friend of mine lived in Montreal and we went it to a huge shop one day that made a California BevMo look small.
It's a chain - they are called LCBO in Ontario, SAQ in Quebec, and then other provinces differ with names and how much the government is involved.
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4463.00
      09-19-2017, 11:56 AM   #1575
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

I'm guessing some ppl haven't had luck with the Trader Joe's as before. They're good cheap daily drivers. Definitely tastes like $50 at least. Lol
      09-19-2017, 12:30 PM   #1576
Kev312
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 320i

Quote:
It's a chain - they are called LCBO in Ontario, SAQ in Quebec, and then other provinces differ with names and how much the government is involved.
FYI Southern states have ABC stores. Alcoholic Beverage Control. They sell strictly liquor. They are not open on Sundays at all. Anywhere. You also are not allowed to purchase beer prior to noon on Sundays because this upsets Jesus. However, beer can be purchased at a normal grocery store or gas station.

You also have to cease hunting on Sundays between the hours of 9:30 and noon, because Jesus does not want you to kill deer during mass.
Appreciate 1
mperfct35.00
      09-21-2017, 09:25 AM   #1577
cut4fun
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 m4 'vert

Met up with a true whiskey enthusiast and pro friend yesterday and this is what we ventured into.

The Kavalan is as usual, stunning. Heavy on the sulfur but improved as we let it breathe.

Notice the proof on the blanton's. Delicious but to be sipped with caution.

The Balvenie is a relative bargain and very easy drinking! Like the peat on it and it's dangerously smooth.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Red Bread4463.00
upstatedoc7555.50
      09-21-2017, 05:25 PM   #1578
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Blantons.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 07:53 PM   #1579
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
If we make it to Binny's tomorrow, I'll have to see if they have the Portwood and how much it is. I like the Caribbean Cask, but even that is a bit pricey for me. I can afford it, but I'm not sure it's worth the premium over less expensive stuff.
Caribbean Cask is very tasty and unique.

Does Binny's have Glencairn glasses? If not, take the owner a half dozen.

When I did that at a local cocktail bar, I instantly became a favored customer and the owner has been very generous with the pours.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 07:57 PM   #1580
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev312 View Post
FYI Southern states have ABC stores. Alcoholic Beverage Control. They sell strictly liquor. They are not open on Sundays at all. Anywhere. You also are not allowed to purchase beer prior to noon on Sundays because this upsets Jesus. However, beer can be purchased at a normal grocery store or gas station.

You also have to cease hunting on Sundays between the hours of 9:30 and noon, because Jesus does not want you to kill deer during mass.
Hell, they'd probably arrest Jesus for turning water into wine without a license.

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2017, 12:33 AM   #1581
JN1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: S211 AMG E63

I need to get a pic of the whisky bar from my wedding a couple weeks ago. Hoping the homie Presario got some good footage of it.

Included was:
Weller 12, Redbreast Lustau Edition, Edradour, Buffalo Trace (single barrel, selected by a friend and his GF), Nikka Coffey Malt and Elmer T. Lee. All were delicious.
      09-22-2017, 12:34 AM   #1582
JN1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: S211 AMG E63

Quote:
Originally Posted by cut4fun View Post
Met up with a true whiskey enthusiast and pro friend yesterday and this is what we ventured into.

The Kavalan is as usual, stunning. Heavy on the sulfur but improved as we let it breathe.

Notice the proof on the blanton's. Delicious but to be sipped with caution.

The Balvenie is a relative bargain and very easy drinking! Like the peat on it and it's dangerously smooth.
I've been wanting to try the Sherry Cask Kavalan, I have ex-Bourbon and while good, felt it was a little 'hot' still.
      09-25-2017, 08:22 AM   #1583
cut4fun
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 m4 'vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNM3 View Post
I've been wanting to try the Sherry Cask Kavalan, I have ex-Bourbon and while good, felt it was a little 'hot' still.
I agree the "burn" on that bottle is definitely prominent.

I have a sherry cask fino solist I'm still sitting on. That is spectacular. Fireworks

Getting some stuff in friday which I'm pretty excited about including a pappy 15. I know, I know, overhyped and overrated but I still usually try to have one lying around.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2017, 12:43 PM   #1584
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Why does my tonic water explode every single time I open a new one?
Appreciate 0