BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

10-08-2017, 06:10 AM   #23
Laki021
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n
To hell with Tesla. There is no soul in that car: no engine breathing in air that you can feel connected to, no transmission that allows you to actually feel the slightest gear shift with a little brap, no raw exhaust note that announces the arrival of speed to your senses. I guess I am old school in a way.

You want a crazy fast sedan with no character, go get one. I will take ICE engines as long as I can have them. And this is coming from someone who has frequently driven a P90D with Ludicrous mode.
0-60 aside and the Tesla is a disastrous cat. Terrible build quality, poor reliability, hilarious interior...

The problem is that every review and comparison insists only on drag races, take them to the track, would love to see Tesla's performance on the track...
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 06:12 AM   #24
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by N & M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post
To hell with Tesla. There is no soul in that car: no engine breathing in air that you can feel connected to, no transmission that allows you to actually feel the slightest gear shift with a little brap, no raw exhaust note that announces the arrival of speed to your senses. I guess I am old school in a way.

You want a crazy fast sedan with no character, go get one. I will take ICE engines as long as I can have them. And this is coming from someone who has frequently driven a P90D with Ludicrous mode.
This romantic notion to which I also subscribe is unfortunately approaching a cliff.

Laws will soon make us all have to embrace the reality of electric drive.
Amen, my friend. I fully realize that reality which is why I said I will keep an ICE as long as I can.

Our journey with this planet has inevitably put us on that path already. In fact, two generations from now people may not give a shit about driving at all. It will be a sad day. Till then..
Appreciate 1
DeeKay553.00
      10-08-2017, 08:43 AM   #25
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki021 View Post
Quote:

0-60 aside and the Tesla is a disastrous cat. Terrible build quality, poor reliability, hilarious interior...

The problem is that every review and comparison insists only on drag races, take them to the track, would love to see Tesla's performance on the track...
Gotta give credit where it is due. Autonomous driving is one of that car’s strongest suits, in addition to straight line performance on the D models.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 10:05 AM   #26
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungDro View Post
its a heavy luxury car it doesnt even compete with them cars and it still kept up with them thats why impressed go look at the figures..its a luxury limo duh.

The video proves the M760 is faster than S65 AND S8.

THE VIDEO ALSO PROVES THE M5 F90 WILL SLAP THE E63S AND AUDI RS6

cry more merc fanboy the upcoming dragrace will be up soon of the new M5 slapping both the merc taxi and volkswagen rs6
LOL. You’re the only one crying here, bud. You made this participation trophy thread, remember?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 10:39 AM   #27
Brake_Late
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 FIREORANGE2

Quote:

I'm so impressed by the M760Li V12 xdrive

Just proves the M760Li is faster than its actual rivals the Mercedes S63/65 and Audi S8 etc.

and it also proves that if the M760 performs that well then.. the new F90 M5 will easily destroy its competition the Mercedes E63S and Audi RS6+.

EDIT: At the time of CarWOW making this video the M5 was not out yet. They did say when they get the new M5 to test they will drag race it against the E63S and RS6
Me to after pounding on one at Thermal drag races ! Will try and post a video of it in quick action.... didn?t even get it out of second for each win ! Whoooooooosh! Win
BMWPhotoVin, 01of01, GTS DCT, EPS, MDM,
CS EDC,Analog Dip ,GTS parts.
Euro Vin e30 M3, FIA cage / 14.7 p / w ratio.
Euro E30 touring G30 MSport i3s LBB X5M
3.2carrera

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClRTsfNzuz_EjUBu59UCykA
Appreciate 1
YungDro1088.00
      10-08-2017, 10:40 AM   #28
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Agreed. And how many times can the Tesla do this test in a row ? Two at best ? It’s not actually situated for real world application, given the lack of long mile range and lack of a usable charging network. The tech is still a novelty and won’t rival an ICE for some time.
I’d argue that it’s actually better in the real world than in these type of staged races. The vast majority have a daily commute less than 300 miles, range issue way overblown imo. And between the stoplights and speed limits, almost nothing is faster on public roads, which is where all these cars belong
      10-08-2017, 01:03 PM   #29
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIGIN M. View Post
Looks like you ar3 DEAD that Tesla Killed it !
The whole video itself (drag racing), is a kindergarten thing anyway.
A book brings an experience, if the end is what matters, reading the last page will do.

Not everybody wants to get there first, because if I want that, I take the plane.
Still, they are behind few milliseconds? That is IMPRESSIVE for a complicated ICE vehicle!

The experience, the thrill is what matters and makes you feel alive. The growl, the noise, the push limit, the adrenaline, the smile on the face.
If these things don't matter, I will get the train and read a book.

Cooked in the microwave or cooked in the oven? Which one do you prefer? The first one is faster....

Colorful feelings and attributes versus boring colorless void?

A Tesla rise my adrenaline at the same level I get when I open my fridge. Still an appliance, no matter what.
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2017, 01:22 PM   #30
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

It's pretty nuts that all of these cars are 11 second cars lol
      10-08-2017, 01:31 PM   #31
Calvin36
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by N & M View Post
Quote:

This romantic notion to which I also subscribe is unfortunately approaching a cliff.

Laws will soon make us all have to embrace the reality of electric drive.
Amen, my friend. I fully realize that reality which is why I said I will keep an ICE as long as I can.

Our journey with this planet has inevitably put us on that path already. In fact, two generations from now people may not give a shit about driving at all. It will be a sad day. Till then..
Rock on bro. ICE until the bitter end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
It's pretty nuts that all of these cars are 11 second cars lol
Seriously. Pretty impressive for some luxury wagons/sedans.
      10-08-2017, 02:37 PM   #32
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
its a heavy luxury car it doesnt even compete with them cars and it still kept up with them thats why impressed go look at the figures..its a luxury limo duh.

The video proves the M760 is faster than S65 AND S8.

THE VIDEO ALSO PROVES THE M5 F90 WILL SLAP THE E63S AND AUDI RS6

cry more merc fanboy the upcoming dragrace will be up soon of the new M5 slapping both the merc taxi and volkswagen rs6
It proves nothing of the sort, you seem to be high on something.

It only proves exactly what is shown: Tesla came in first, E63S second, and M760i third. What the M5 will do against the E63 remains to be seen, and personally I think it will be very close.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 04:45 PM   #33
SpenceRx
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRSTI View Post
The Model S took 1 second before any forward propulsion. Did the driver forget to let off the brake? Seems fishy.
Seems odd. The power is instant.
      10-08-2017, 05:33 PM   #34
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Quote:

Same here. Once the novelty of that instant torque wears off, it?s just a neat car with a meh interior for nearly 6 figures that you have to plug in. I passed on buying one.

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 09:18 PM   #35
JJSchmooze
I'm on that Orange Crush
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe VOP ZCV ZPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki021 View Post
Quote:

Agreed. Truth is, they will not be at a track. Ever. Unless you want to see a car take three laps at full tilt, only to have to sit in the pit for 3 hours while it recharges.

Soul-less vehicle much like a Honda. And with a CEO hell-bent on dictating what YOU as a consumer should be allowed to buy AND drive.

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.” Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 09:24 PM   #36
lux
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2, 2011 E90 M3 Comp

I appreciate the thrill of BMW ICE cars but you guys make me laugh. I understand this is a BMW forum but give Tesla its due respect. Call it an appliance/no soul/computer but like the Nissan GTR it is scary quick.

In real world driving it will be showing you its taillights. You can not beat the instant torque of an electric motor.

Also there is no point in talking about track times when it comes to these luxury barges. Very few of the buyers will track them.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 12:09 AM   #37
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpenceRx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRSTI View Post
The Model S took 1 second before any forward propulsion. Did the driver forget to let off the brake? Seems fishy.
Seems odd. The power is instant.
That was rigged. Ha!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 12:31 AM   #38
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux View Post
I appreciate the thrill of BMW ICE cars but you guys make me laugh. I understand this is a BMW forum but give Tesla its due respect. Call it an appliance/no soul/computer but like the Nissan GTR it is scary quick.

In real world driving it will be showing you its taillights. You can not beat the instant torque of an electric motor.

Also there is no point in talking about track times when it comes to these luxury barges. Very few of the buyers will track them.
I have X5M, M5, M6, and P100D currently and the Tesla is the quickest car in most real world applications. That instant power/torque just can?t be beat, unless on the freeway or track.

p.s: you read that right, I have three S63 powered M cars all at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 04:50 AM   #39
michal12
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 Z4 M40i

Sceptical Harris of Top Gear testing Tesla. Interesting observations.

https://www.topgear.com/videos/chris...-model-s-p100d
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 05:04 AM   #40
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lux View Post

I have X5M, M5, M6, and P100D currently and the Tesla is the quickest car in most real world applications. That instant power/torque just can?t be beat, unless on the freeway or track.

p.s: you read that right, I have three S63 powered M cars all at the same time.
I guess you are a phatcat after all. .
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 05:18 AM   #41
clbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 320d M135i

The estate capabilities of the E63 and RS6, with the electric boost hybridised and crash protection from the Tesla and the engine from the M760i - give them all to i and M and let them thrash out the perfect car with loads of carbon fibre.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 05:48 AM   #42
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
I guess you are a phatcat after all. .
Wasn't planned that way. M5 was bought to replace the X5M but the offer on the X5M was just so bad that I decided to keep it.

M6 is the only M out of the three that was leased (and the only M car that I own in the US), so it will be gone later this year.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 08:10 AM   #43
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
Quote:
A book brings an experience, if the end is what matters, reading the last page will do.

Not everybody wants to get there first, because if I want that, I take the plane.
Still, they are behind few milliseconds? That is IMPRESSIVE for a complicated ICE vehicle!

The experience, the thrill is what matters and makes you feel alive. The growl, the noise, the push limit, the adrenaline, the smile on the face.

Cooked in the microwave or cooked in the oven? Which one do you prefer? The first one is faster....

A Tesla rise my adrenaline at the same level I get when I open my fridge. Still an appliance, no matter what.

the microwave is *faster* but I'd rather have cooked.

A Keurig is *faster* but i'd rather have ground whole beans via drip coffee maker.

A DCT is *faster* but I'd rather have a 6MT
Appreciate 2
Teutonic2709.00
spuntyb4054.50
      10-09-2017, 08:25 AM   #44
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
Quote:

the microwave is *faster* but I'd rather have cooked.

A Keurig is *faster* but i'd rather have ground whole beans via drip coffee maker.

A DCT is *faster* but I'd rather have a 6MT
6 Speed is like having an Americano.

It is the real shit in the highest form.
Appreciate 1
Teutonic2709.00