BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-28-2016, 10:48 AM   #67
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
All at the same time?
No. Some multiple times.
Appreciate 1
      04-28-2016, 12:35 PM   #68
natedog7700
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i RB's 625whp

Why does it say you drive a black 128i in your sig? Either way, i feel ya! Its like winter storage all over again!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 07:19 PM   #69
guni
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedog7700
Why does it say you drive a black 128i in your sig? Either way, i feel ya! Its like winter storage all over again!
was my previous car. got my SO F80 in December.

I guess now I know how the folks up north feel like every winter.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 11:35 PM   #70
natedog7700
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i RB's 625whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by guni View Post
was my previous car. got my SO F80 in December.

I guess now I know how the folks up north feel like every winter.
Yeah... but we do this every year Lolol
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 09:06 AM   #71
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

Good luck with surgery, Get well soon
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2016, 11:32 AM   #72
sirdaft1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 & E90 WTCC Widebody Racecar

Garage List
OP I can relate. I just had two back to back ankle surgeries. One was to repair the ligaments in my left ankle from a bad roll. Then two weeks later, woke up in excruciating pain, 105 fever and chills. Went into the Dr. and he told me that I had a bad, bad infection deep inside of the ankle that they repaired. They had to rush me in for emergency surgery that day. Reopened the ankle to clean it out and it wound up being worse than they thought. Things got pretty damn scary as the infection almost took me out for good. I was in the hospital for quite some time recovering. They inserted a PICC line in my arm that went right into my heart (one of the creepiest experiences of my life) and I've had to inject antibiotics into it 4 times a day for the past month. Fortunately my employer is amazing and they have been incredibly understanding with me being out of work for over a month.

Now that things are looking on the up and up; the big bummer is that they had to reverse the ligament repair from surgery #1 because the infection was so bad. So I have to go back in at some point in the future and do this all over again
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2016, 02:31 PM   #73
guni
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdaft1
OP I can relate. I just had two back to back ankle surgeries. One was to repair the ligaments in my left ankle from a bad roll. Then two weeks later, woke up in excruciating pain, 105 fever and chills. Went into the Dr. and he told me that I had a bad, bad infection deep inside of the ankle that they repaired. They had to rush me in for emergency surgery that day. Reopened the ankle to clean it out and it wound up being worse than they thought. Things got pretty damn scary as the infection almost took me out for good. I was in the hospital for quite some time recovering. They inserted a PICC line in my arm that went right into my heart (one of the creepiest experiences of my life) and I've had to inject antibiotics into it 4 times a day for the past month. Fortunately my employer is amazing and they have been incredibly understanding with me being out of work for over a month.

Now that things are looking on the up and up; the big bummer is that they had to reverse the ligament repair from surgery #1 because the infection was so bad. So I have to go back in at some point in the future and do this all over again
Damn man, I'm really sorry. Good thing they caught the infection in time.

Hopefully it all goes well from here.
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2016, 03:05 PM   #74
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Jeffe 5 View Post
Good luck with surgery, Get well soon
Thx. I'm back home resting. 4 inch incision. Percocets.
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2016, 03:07 PM   #75
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdaft1 View Post

Wow. Feel better. Dad just went through similar from a cat bite. Whole body infection.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 03:10 PM   #76
08njSTEP
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 335i, '66 SS396 Chevelle

I had my second ruptured disc operation when I was 35. Doc nicked spinal sheath. PAIN!!! 4 days in hospital on morphine pump and then 30 days no standing, sitting or walking. Basic lay on floor for a month. Lucky the winter Olympics were on TV or I would have gone insane. Hope your recovery goes well.
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2016, 04:15 PM   #77
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08njSTEP View Post
I had my second ruptured disc operation when I was 35. Doc nicked spinal sheath. PAIN!!! 4 days in hospital on morphine pump and then 30 days no standing, sitting or walking. Basic lay on floor for a month. Lucky the winter Olympics were on TV or I would have gone insane. Hope your recovery goes well.
Thk u for me and I'm sure ty for OP.
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2016, 04:50 PM   #78
guni
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1
Quote:
Thk u for me and I'm sure ty for OP.
yep, thanks buddy
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 05:14 PM   #79
sirdaft1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 & E90 WTCC Widebody Racecar

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by guni View Post
Damn man, I'm really sorry. Good thing they caught the infection in time.

Hopefully it all goes well from here.
Thanks, really appreciate it.

Quote:
Omg. That sounds terrible. How are you doing now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Wow. Feel better. Dad just went through similar from a cat bite. Whole body infection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Thx. I'm back home resting. 4 inch incision. Percocets.
Man, hope you're feeling better. Plenty of downtime to troubleshoot any problems with the 335 :-)

From my two back to back ankle surgeries, I've counted 14 different orange prescription bottles in my bathroom. Norco, steroids, muscle relaxer, Valium, antibiotics, you name it. I could open up a small pharmacy out of my house lol.

The pain meds do freak me out though. Too many stories of people I know who got hooked on them and it all went downhill. Much to my discomfort I try to avoid them as much as possible.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 05:14 PM   #80
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08njSTEP
2 back surgeries....L4/L5....

Feel your pain, literally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 05:42 PM   #81
08njSTEP
Captain
Rep

Had 1st disc go @ 25. 2nd went @ 35. The 2nd I found out I'm allergic tto morphine and its derivatives. No pain meds for me. The opiates are scary. So easily grab a hold of your life. I had numbness and pain in my leg for about 3 years after. Gone now but I wear out the sole of my left shoe faster than right and I'm about 1" shorter than I was at 21. I still mountain bike and play hockey, the latter against docs advice.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 06:34 PM   #82
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

I feel your pain dude.

Not injured or anything, but I can't drive an M3 either, cause I don't own one.

(Goes without saying, hope you have a quick recovery)
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2016, 07:03 PM   #83
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Man, hope you're feeling better. Plenty of downtime to troubleshoot any problems with the 335 :-)

From my two back to back ankle surgeries, I've counted 14 different orange prescription bottles in my bathroom. Norco, steroids, muscle relaxer, Valium, antibiotics, you name it. I could open up a small pharmacy out of my house lol.

The pain meds do freak me out though. Too many stories of people I know who got hooked on them and it all went downhill. Much to my discomfort I try to avoid them as much as possible.
I've had to use them several times for injuries. Use them at first. They aid healing. When you can tolerate it, generally a few days, switch to over the counter. Alieve, Tylenol, etc. Keep the extras for can't sleep or can't take it moments. Remember painkillers are constipators too. Use a laxative.
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2016, 07:26 PM   #84
08njSTEP
Captain
Rep

Be careful with Tylenol and NEVER exceed max dosage or permanent liver damage may occur. Advil should ALWAYS be on full stomach or ulcer is a sure bet.Advil and Tylenol can be used together unlike just about everything else.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 07:37 PM   #85
guni
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1
Quote:

I've had to use them several times for injuries. Use them at first. They aid healing. When you can tolerate it, generally a few days, switch to over the counter. Alieve, Tylenol, etc. Keep the extras for can't sleep or can't take it moments. Remember painkillers are constipators too. Use a laxative.
yea, that's what I did. took quite a few Percocet pills the first days. Still have a bunch left over though, as well as an unfilled prescription.

oh, and I found out the hard way about the constipation...
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 08:45 PM   #86
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Yup. First time I did that I had my ACL replaced. I didn't crap for a week and didn't notice because of the pain killer. Crazy. Keep the extras for in case ofs. And as long as you don't keep going back for more refills etc, you won't be hooked. I'm guessing I'll need it 3-5 days at this point to kill the pain enough my body will heal.
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2016, 10:57 PM   #87
guni
United_States
Rep

yea, you definitely want to preempt the pain the first few days.

A couple of minutes after waking up from surgery I felt so much pain, they ended up giving me a nerve block injection. The next morning at 6am I woke up fine, even though the block was wearing off I felt no pain. I took no pills.

30 minutes later that same post op pain just flared up fast. It was crazy. I took the Percocet , but it was 2 hours until it dulled the pain to a manageable level. Finally eliminated the pain fully by the next morning.

I say again to anyone having surgery for the first time. In the first few days, take the pills before feeling the pain. After 3 days you can delay intake times or reduce dosage to test the recovery waters.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 10:03 AM   #88
guni
United_States
Rep

Making progress. All staples are out. Another couple of weeks in the cast.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0