BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

11-18-2015, 08:42 AM   #1
RussianPete
Captain
Russia
Rep
Drives: AY M4

458 Italia - Huracan - GT3 on track video

Hey guys,

I was in Las Vegas last week so i decided to do the exotic car racing experience and drive as many cars as possible. This was my first time in any of these cars and first time on the track. I have never driven a sports car except a GTR if you consider it one so laugh all you want and call me a noob. I had a great time and definatly recommend it to anyone going to Vegas. It was a little pricey ($1500) but well worth it. I heard they are even getting a 488 Ferrari soon.

11-18-2015, 12:08 PM   #2
8k4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92

That instructor gee
and PDK is for letting the car shift for you haha (Porsche Doppelkupplung)

Which car did you prefer most?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 09:01 AM   #3
RussianPete
Captain
Russia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8k4 View Post
That instructor gee
and PDK is for letting the car shift for you haha (Porsche Doppelkupplung)

Which car did you prefer most?
haha yea i didnt know about pdk

every car had its strengths,

the lambo felt extremely light and balanced with tons of power. it was also the fastest straight line car

the porsche was defiantly the most fun to drive, you had to accelerate out of corners to gain traction and steer the car which was a ton of excitement

the 458 basically did it all, it rewarded you the most and it was the easiest to drive.

if i had money to buy a car like these i would buy the new gt3 rs for sure.
      11-19-2015, 10:57 AM   #4
okusa
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 - SSII

Very nice. I think you forgot to hit the instructor mute button though. I would have had to tell them to STFU.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 12:21 PM   #5
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F80 Transporter View Post
I have never driven a sports car except a GTR if you consider it one
cool videos but i couldn't help but note the above quote. why would anyone not consider it one?
      11-19-2015, 01:24 PM   #6
dcaron9999
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M package

We offer something similar in Mirabel, Quebec Canada (ICAR Experience), and I have helped them out for a few days as an instructor.

The instructor in the Lambo was a PITA.

Loved the instructor feedback in the 911 GT3 and F458! He had a great tone of voice, just right amount of info, and positive feedback.

By the smile you had in the videos, it seemed like you enjoyed yourself silly...

Thanks for posting ...
2011 X3 35i with M pack + 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255 square tire setup | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Diff lock down bracket | Bilstein B8+Swift SpecR springs+H&R FSB | CDV delete | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 FCA +guide rods+RSFB's+Tranny mounts | Manzo toe arms | Cobb Stg2 agressive tune | Hawk DTC70 brake pads | RB SS brake pistons | Goodridge SS brake lines | Custom brake cooling ducts

Last edited by dcaron9999; 11-19-2015 at 02:39 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2015, 02:07 PM   #7
RussianPete
Captain
Russia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by okusa View Post
Very nice. I think you forgot to hit the instructor mute button though. I would have had to tell them to STFU.
they actually helped me alot, without them talking i wouldnt have had pushed the car.
      11-19-2015, 02:35 PM   #8
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

The lambo sounds the best imho. The car that is, the instructor sounds a bit like Ron Jeremy?!?

Looked like a lot of fun.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 11-19-2015 at 02:40 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2015, 02:47 PM   #9
RussianPete
Captain
Russia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtron View Post
cool videos but i couldn't help but note the above quote. why would anyone not consider it one?
i actually drove the gtr for 8 laps along with these cars. the gtr is a great car dotn get me wrong, i used to be obsessed with this car. i would rent one out like once every 2 months for a whole week and just daily drive it for fun. but this car feels so heavy on the track, sooooo fcking heavy. and i just didnt like that about the car. the porsche felt much more planted and on the road
      11-19-2015, 02:51 PM   #10
RussianPete
Captain
Russia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaron9999 View Post
We offer something similar in Mirabel, Quebec Canada (ICAR Experience), and I have helped them out for a few days as an instructor.

The instructor in the Lambo was a PITA.

Loved the instructor feedback in the 911 GT3 and F458! He had a great tone of voice, just right amount of info, and positive feedback.

By the smile you had in the videos, it seemed like you enjoyed yourself silly...

Thanks for posting ...
the instructor in the 458 and gt3 was the same guy haha, and yes i had a great time, especially when the gt3 would rev out to 9k rpm
      11-19-2015, 04:56 PM   #11
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F80 Transporter View Post
i actually drove the gtr for 8 laps along with these cars. the gtr is a great car dotn get me wrong, i used to be obsessed with this car. i would rent one out like once every 2 months for a whole week and just daily drive it for fun. but this car feels so heavy on the track, sooooo fcking heavy. and i just didnt like that about the car. the porsche felt much more planted and on the road
i'm not comparing any of the cars in this thread. by all definitions it's a sports car regardless of how it feels to the above. i don't think anyone can call it lets say... a wagon or bus. perhaps i'm just being too literal.
      11-19-2015, 07:37 PM   #12
RussianPete
Captain
Russia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtron View Post
i'm not comparing any of the cars in this thread. by all definitions it's a sports car regardless of how it feels to the above. i don't think anyone can call it lets say... a wagon or bus. perhaps i'm just being too literal.
i didnt mean to say its not a sports car, just compared to these cars on the track i dont think it comes close