BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

11-21-2015, 07:05 PM   #1
Somerset Jim
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 LCI DCT & F01 730d SE

New 730d Owner

Hi all,

I'm new to the 7 series fraternity bunt not new to Bmw. This week I have picked up my first 7 series and having come from a 3 series it is taking a little getting used to. I still have a 3 series but it is the petrol 3 litre convertible version and was quite different to the outgoing diesel touring. The comfort of the 7 series is incredible when compared to the 3 series however the reduced acceleration is something I miss. Ultimately it's a trade off and one that I'm really pleased with.

For the moment I have a few questions that I am hoping some folks on here may be able to shed some light on and give some help:

1) Where is best to upgrade the angel eyes to bright white LEDs without an error message coming up on the dash?

2) are the alloys directly compatible with any other BMW's? - I'm hoping to get a second hand set of winter tyres and they are quite rare for the 7 series it seems.

3) I have noticed this afternoon that the bumper is loose at the front drivers side (just above the side viewing camera and directly underneath the headlight. Is there an easy way to fix this or is it quite involved?

4) has anyone had any experience of fitting a tow bar to their 7 and if so are there any DIY's for this? I have fitted to towbar a to my last 5 cars myself so don't mind doing it so long as I know what I'm up against!

5) There seems to be some condensation in both headlights which I am hoping to clear. Has anyone had this and resolves the issue to date?

I'm really looking forward to some long journeys and enjoying the comfort that a car this size gives. I will take some decent photos soon and post them on here.
Appreciate 0