BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

11-08-2016, 01:38 PM   #45
alexhasin
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaralt View Post
am I understanding this correctly.. you are making this big of a deal about REAR heated seats? dude.. i'm guilty of this sometimes as well, but sometimes we tend to make a big deal about something that isn't very important. we are talking about heated seats in the rear. I understand you were misled, but they offered you $2k. You should take that and move on with your life. Or you could dedicate a large portion of your life to making them change out the car. by the time that is resolved the new 7 series would be out. Take the $2k (fair offer IMO) and move on with your life.
That's what I did.
No more time waste on this.
Sometimes I just can't accept defect while spending lots of money.

I did apologize to my salesman. He said if he were me, he could be worse.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 01:44 PM   #46
alexhasin
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
My advice:

Give it up. Forget about it.

Enjoy your car. Continued harping on your part is going to ruin the best part about enjoying your new car.

The last thing you want or need is for the dealership to tear apart your new car trying to retrofit some little used option that will only decrease the value of your car.

Look, your new 7 is unique. You can get this option next time.

Even if you convince BMW to pay the $12,000 it will never ever be installed properly. Something will get nicked or scratched along the way and you're going to get even more disappointed.

I am going to teach you a lesson that will lower your blood pressure, make you love the uniqueness of your new car even more, flood your brain with endorphins and solve this silly molehill turned into a mountain problem:

Pick up the phone and tell the dealer you've changed your mind. You want to leave the car as is. And, you don't want any compensation.

This will free yourself from the agony and personal hell you've created over this issue.

Go on. Do it. Call the dealer right away and tell them your just going to let it go.

You will thank me. Your SO will thank me. And the 50 people you were going to bore-ass with this story over the next 5 years will also be thanking me.

Your all so very welcome!

FREE YOURSELF FROM THIS PETTINESS AND YOUR LIFE WILL CHANGE FOREVER.

I USED TO BE LIKE YOU AND FRET THIS FIRST WORLD PROBLEM CRAP.

Now I am free and you should set yourself free right now too!!!
Yes, thanks for this suggestion.
Free myself now.
Appreciate 1
BMWrules7307.00
      11-09-2016, 01:58 AM   #47
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Great to see that niggling thing was resolved . Besides ,I doubt you would sell it 2 Grands more due to heated rear seats alone
      11-10-2016, 06:28 PM   #48
lowlevelhell
Herr Oberst
Rep
Drives: '15 F15, '16 G12

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexhasin View Post
My car was a demo, I did't build it by myself.

However, the dealer told rear seat heating is a standard function, so make me believe that there is rear seat heating on my car as it should be there.

Manager just told me retrofit rear seat heating is not possible as BMW can't do that.

Right now I require them give me a new car with same build or give me CAD $ 12000 as compensation. This amount is my friend told me, he calculated how much the dealer has to spend to buy back my car and give me a new one. He said 12000 is much smaller cost than buying back my car and replace a new one.
Waaaaaait...wait wait wait...you bought a f***ing demo that you could touch and drive before you took delivery? And you didn't verify the options? Brother, this is on you. And good luck "requiring" your dealer to do anything. You have the car, they have your money.

$12000 over heated seats.
      11-12-2016, 05:10 PM   #49
DC-T
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5/Golf R/Amarok

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexhasin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
My advice:

Give it up. Forget about it.

Enjoy your car. Continued harping on your part is going to ruin the best part about enjoying your new car.

The last thing you want or need is for the dealership to tear apart your new car trying to retrofit some little used option that will only decrease the value of your car.

Look, your new 7 is unique. You can get this option next time.

Even if you convince BMW to pay the $12,000 it will never ever be installed properly. Something will get nicked or scratched along the way and you're going to get even more disappointed.

I am going to teach you a lesson that will lower your blood pressure, make you love the uniqueness of your new car even more, flood your brain with endorphins and solve this silly molehill turned into a mountain problem:

Pick up the phone and tell the dealer you've changed your mind. You want to leave the car as is. And, you don't want any compensation.

This will free yourself from the agony and personal hell you've created over this issue.

Go on. Do it. Call the dealer right away and tell them your just going to let it go.

You will thank me. Your SO will thank me. And the 50 people you were going to bore-ass with this story over the next 5 years will also be thanking me.

Your all so very welcome!

FREE YOURSELF FROM THIS PETTINESS AND YOUR LIFE WILL CHANGE FOREVER.

I USED TO BE LIKE YOU AND FRET THIS FIRST WORLD PROBLEM CRAP.

Now I am free and you should set yourself free right now too!!!
Yes, thanks for this suggestion.
Free myself now.
Alex enjoy the car. The advice above is the best. All the best brother.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2016, 10:38 AM   #50
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Any updates on this; car replaced, retrofitted or goodwill check or you're going to let it go?
Appreciate 0