BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

10-30-2016, 01:38 AM   #23
alexhasin
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshevtsov View Post
This is equivalent to '*uck off', it is a standard response they are giving to everyone.

They can retrofit. But for this they need to write to BMW AG, explain the situation, insist that the retrofit is absolutely critical and may have implications on dealer's reputation, and request to establish parts list and retrofit procedure.

So the manager needs to elevate the issue to his/her boss, the boss should directly instruct servicemen to open PuMA case and follow-up on that. Otherwise, servicemen are mostly reluctant to do this as they could not care less - they have lots of work anyway and do not want to deal with exceptional cases.

I think returning the car or imminent threat to return the car can make your dealer move faster and think out of their regular box.
But the manager would rather give me a new car or give me money(I asked for CAD$12000) for compensation than retrofit for me.

Maybe he didn't talk to BMW AG ?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2016, 01:45 AM   #24
oshevtsov
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90/E60/F10/F15/F16/F32/G11

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexhasin View Post
Quote:
This is equivalent to '*uck off', it is a standard response they are giving to everyone.

They can retrofit. But for this they need to write to BMW AG, explain the situation, insist that the retrofit is absolutely critical and may have implications on dealer's reputation, and request to establish parts list and retrofit procedure.

So the manager needs to elevate the issue to his/her boss, the boss should directly instruct servicemen to open PuMA case and follow-up on that. Otherwise, servicemen are mostly reluctant to do this as they could not care less - they have lots of work anyway and do not want to deal with exceptional cases.

I think returning the car or imminent threat to return the car can make your dealer move faster and think out of their regular box.
But the manager would rather give me a new car or give me money(I asked for CAD$12000) for compensation than retrofit for me.

Maybe he didn't talk to BMW AG ?
If he responded within 1 day I bet he did not talk to them. Especially given time difference between Canada and Germany and that yesterday it was Saturday
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2016, 02:01 AM   #25
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Quote:
No matter how you rationalize it, asking for $12k for this is not rationale.

If it's a feature you truly want, all you should be asking for is retrofit or to swap cars.

Such that it was already a demo, maybe they can find another demo (with comparable miles)?

At this point, however, I'd request an upgraded maintenance, warranty or damage protection plan.

Last edited by dbs600; 10-30-2016 at 10:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2016, 02:05 AM   #26
oshevtsov
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90/E60/F10/F15/F16/F32/G11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post

If it's a feature you truly want, all you should be asking for retrofit or to swap cars.

Such that it was already a demo, maybe they can find another demo (with comparable miles)?
That's surely correct. Asking for 12K looks as if you are trying to make money.

Insisting on a retrofit/swap is absolutely fair because you legitimately expected all heated seats and it is indeed important in Canada.

Last edited by oshevtsov; 10-30-2016 at 02:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2016, 04:25 AM   #27
GhostWorks
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F07 530D SE GT ( 2010/07 )

Any luck sorting ?
did you decode your Vin number to see all options installed ?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2016, 04:27 AM   #28
GhostWorks
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F07 530D SE GT ( 2010/07 )

I've attached the print out of your Vin installed options
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMWVIN_G526846.pdf (22.8 KB, 475 views)
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2016, 01:35 PM   #29
alexhasin
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:

If it's a feature you truly want, all you should be asking for is retrofit or to swap cars.

At this point, however, I'd request an upgraded maintenance, warranty or damage protection plan.
The first thing I talked about with manager is "The reason why I'm here today is not asking you for compensation, I just want to get what I should get. So you either retrofit for me for give me a new one with same build."

Then he said it's not possible to retrofit, which is the answer he got from BMW.
Next he did a quote for me, which showed a 2016 750i but the total price is $10000 less than mine.

He means that I return the previous one and get this one, but I won't get $10000 refund.

I asked him why I have to pay a higher price to get this one. He said it's because the one I have right now is a demo, he cannot find another one that has same discount as mine.

Vert hysterical.

Of course I have to refuse this offer, then he said the dealership could wrote me a $2000 cheque now, but $2000 is the maximum he could pay.

At the end, I required him either give me a new car with same build(but he already said this probably won't work out) or give me $12000, which is the ($10000 price difference btw that cheap 750i he wants me to take and mine + $2000 he said he could give me).

My friend also said if he buy back my 750i right now, he will immediately lose $20000 as the buy-back price is gonna be very high and afterwards it will become pre-owned vehicle thereby the selling price is gonna be very low.

Guys, I don't mean to ask for money. He just cannot retrofit or give me another new one.

Last edited by alexhasin; 10-30-2016 at 01:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2016, 10:29 PM   #30
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
The first thing I talked about with manager is "The reason why I'm here today is not asking you for compensation, I just want to get what I should get. So you either retrofit for me for give me a new one with same build."

Then he said it's not possible to retrofit, which is the answer he got from BMW.
Next he did a quote for me, which showed a 2016 750i but the total price is $10000 less than mine.

He means that I return the previous one and get this one, but I won't get $10000 refund.

I asked him why I have to pay a higher price to get this one. He said it's because the one I have right now is a demo, he cannot find another one that has same discount as mine.

Vert hysterical.

Of course I have to refuse this offer, then he said the dealership could wrote me a $2000 cheque now, but $2000 is the maximum he could pay.

At the end, I required him either give me a new car with same build(but he already said this probably won't work out) or give me $12000, which is the ($10000 price difference btw that cheap 750i he wants me to take and mine + $2000 he said he could give me).

My friend also said if he buy back my 750i right now, he will immediately lose $20000 as the buy-back price is gonna be very high and afterwards it will become pre-owned vehicle thereby the selling price is gonna be very low.

Guys, I don't mean to ask for money. He just cannot retrofit or give me another new one.
Thanks for the clarification.

I feel the dealer didn't truly check with corporate.

You should ask another dealer's service department how much they'd charge - parts and labor - to install heated rear seats.

Then tell your selling dealer that another dealer is willing to do the work for X amount of money.

How long after delivery did it take to notice you didn't have heated rear seats?

If wiring harnesses vary for this feature, it could be a very expensive proposition!

Last edited by dbs600; 10-31-2016 at 05:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 04:37 PM   #31
alexhasin
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostWorks View Post
Any luck sorting ?
did you decode your Vin number to see all options installed ?
Thanks for your attachment.

Now, I'm waiting for manager response upon my requirement, which is replacing with a car has same build or compensating for money.

I'm also trying to contact other service department to get a price quote for retrofitting rear seat heating.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 12:14 AM   #32
alexhasin
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Now I totally understand what you mean here.

I just went to another service department today.
They didn't even refuse to retrofit for me.

They are very willing doing this for me, and give me a price quote.

The amount is about $11000.

So the manager either already knows the total cost, because apparently service won't refuse to retrofit, however depending on this large amount, he chooses to tell me it's not possible to retrofit for me, thereby offering me a cheap car(cheaper 750i than mine now) to replace or give me $2000, to make a minimum loss.

Or the manager didn't actually check with anyone about the price. I think it's not likely gonna happen for this, as I required so many times to retrofit.

Last edited by alexhasin; 11-01-2016 at 12:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 12:25 AM   #33
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Now I totally understand what you mean here.

I just went to another service department today.
They didn't even refuse to retrofit for me so that I can explain how critical the problem is again to make them retrofit for me.

They are very willing to retrofit for me, and give me a price quote.
The amount is quite close to the compensation I asked before.

So the manager either already knows the total cost, because apparently service won't refuse to retrofit, however depending on this large amount, he chooses to tell me it's not possible to retrofit for me, thereby offering me a cheap car(cheaper 750i than mine now) to replace or give me $2000, to make a minimum loss.

Or the manager didn't actually check with anyone about the price. I think it's not likely gonna happen for this, as I required so many times to retrofit.
Huh? What exactly are you saying? Sorry, it's difficult to follow you.

What amount did the other dealer quote?

You realize the internal cost to the dealer is likely half, right?

Go back to your selling dealer and tell them what you've found; that retrofit is possible.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 12:26 AM   #34
alexhasin
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification.

I feel the dealer didn't truly check with corporate.

You should ask another dealer's service department how much they'd charge - parts and labor - to install heated rear seats.

Then tell your selling dealer that another dealer is willing to do the work for X amount of money.

How long after delivery did it take to notice you didn't have heated rear seats?

If wiring harnesses vary for this feature, it could be a very expensive proposition!
Maybe you are right, the manager may not check with corporate.
Or he did check, but the cost is too much.
He choose not to tell me, but give me cheap alternatives instead, to minimize the loss.

It's 4 days after I got my car, I report this problem to my dealer.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 12:49 AM   #35
alexhasin
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Huh? What exactly are you saying? Sorry, it's difficult to follow you.

What amount did the other dealer quote?

You realize the internal cost to the dealer is likely half, right?

Go back to your selling dealer and tell them what you've found; that retrofit is possible.
Yes, I know this is the retailer price not for internal.
The price is about $11000.

Another interesting thing is that the master works at that service department said:"Even you have 4HB(Heat Comfort, front), you will have rear seat heating as well." He saw many 750i have both of them.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 09:58 AM   #36
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I know this is the retailer price not for internal.
The price is about $11000.

Another interesting thing is that the master works at that service department said:"Even you have 4HB(Heat Comfort, front), you will have rear seat heating as well." He saw many 750i have both of them.
Sounds like the second dealer is more willing to get this done for you.

Why don't you take it back to them and have them escalate to corporate?

If they push for you, they'll end up making money on the repair from corporate anyway.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2016, 08:21 AM   #37
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Would rather get a new car than trying to get them to retrofit something that is not listed as a retrofit.

Its difficult to retrofit things on the new systems.
Was much easier on the older 7 Series.
If the software has not been written for the retrofit it will not be possible.
On older cars you just needed the wiring.
You also need the correct ECU's fitted.
      11-02-2016, 08:22 AM   #38
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Sounds like he doesnt know what he is talking about, since worldwide 4HB deletes rear heating according to spec lists.
      11-02-2016, 10:56 AM   #39
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

alexhasin....

In my years of doing business, no matter how great or small, I have come to rely on and experience the results of: "The squeaky wheel gets the grease"

That is to say... Enough action and noise on your part WILL get results.

In this case, everything points to; if the dealer is NOT willing to retrofit rear seat heating somehow to your satisfaction, you MUST get BMW North America involved and express your frustration and complete dissatisfaction! I would be VERY surprised if they do not assist you in this case with their new flagship vehicle. Up to and including a replacement.

Keep pressing on and good luck to you...
      11-07-2016, 12:07 AM   #40
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexhasin
Hello guys,

I really need your help here.

I bought 2016 750i in Canada. But my car doesn't have rear seat heating. This is very ridiculous.

The dealership originally thought I should have that, because for canadian version, the front and rear seat heating is a standard function. They thought BMW forget to build this during production.

However the dealer just told me today, my 7 series is not supposed to have back seat heating, because I have an option named Comfort Heat,Front.
And this option will remove the rear seat heating.

And the sales manager did show me the ordering guide states that "Comfort Heat,Front" will remove both front and rear seat heating.
But I did have seat heating for both front seats.

However the problem is, the ordering guide he showed to me is effective March,2016.
But my car is built in January, 2016.

And I did check the older version of ordering guide, there is not a note about heat comfort,front will remove seat heating, it's effective Oct, 2015.

Should my car(Production of January 2016) follow the ordering guide for Oct 2015 or Mar 2016?

And what does Heat comfort,front include ? It only includes front seat heating but not for rear seats heating?

I'm really disappointed and upset. I required dealer give me a new car with same built, but apparently it's not gonna happen.

The dealership insists that my car should not have rear seat heating, but i don't think so.

Could you guys give me some suggestions, really feeling hopeless now..
My Vin no. WBA7B0C51GG526846

I attached both ordering guide for 2015 OCT and 2016 MAR

My advice:

Give it up. Forget about it.

Enjoy your car. Continued harping on your part is going to ruin the best part about enjoying your new car.

The last thing you want or need is for the dealership to tear apart your new car trying to retrofit some little used option that will only decrease the value of your car.

Look, your new 7 is unique. You can get this option next time.

Even if you convince BMW to pay the $12,000 it will never ever be installed properly. Something will get nicked or scratched along the way and you're going to get even more disappointed.

I am going to teach you a lesson that will lower your blood pressure, make you love the uniqueness of your new car even more, flood your brain with endorphins and solve this silly molehill turned into a mountain problem:

Pick up the phone and tell the dealer you've changed your mind. You want to leave the car as is. And, you don't want any compensation.

This will free yourself from the agony and personal hell you've created over this issue.

Go on. Do it. Call the dealer right away and tell them your just going to let it go.

You will thank me. Your SO will thank me. And the 50 people you were going to bore-ass with this story over the next 5 years will also be thanking me.

Your all so very welcome!

FREE YOURSELF FROM THIS PETTINESS AND YOUR LIFE WILL CHANGE FOREVER.

I USED TO BE LIKE YOU AND FRET THIS FIRST WORLD PROBLEM CRAP.

Now I am free and you should set yourself free right now too!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2016, 09:27 AM   #41
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
My advice:

Give it up. Forget about it.

Enjoy your car. Continued harping on your part is going to ruin the best part about enjoying your new car.

The last thing you want or need is for the dealership to tear apart your new car trying to retrofit some little used option that will only decrease the value of your car.

Look, your new 7 is unique. You can get this option next time.

Even if you convince BMW to pay the $12,000 it will never ever be installed properly. Something will get nicked or scratched along the way and you're going to get even more disappointed.

I am going to teach you a lesson that will lower your blood pressure, make you love the uniqueness of your new car even more, flood your brain with endorphins and solve this silly molehill turned into a mountain problem:

Pick up the phone and tell the dealer you've changed your mind. You want to leave the car as is. And, you don't want any compensation.

This will free yourself from the agony and personal hell you've created over this issue.

Go on. Do it. Call the dealer right away and tell them your just going to let it go.

You will thank me. Your SO will thank me. And the 50 people you were going to bore-ass with this story over the next 5 years will also be thanking me.

Your all so very welcome!

FREE YOURSELF FROM THIS PETTINESS AND YOUR LIFE WILL CHANGE FOREVER.

I USED TO BE LIKE YOU AND FRET THIS FIRST WORLD PROBLEM CRAP.

Now I am free and you should set yourself free right now too!!!

I agree
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2016, 11:34 AM   #42
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
I agree too. Just look at the title of the thread. It is an "emergency"? Time for some perspective.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 10:23 AM   #43
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet View Post
Would rather get a new car than trying to get them to retrofit something that is not listed as a retrofit.

Its difficult to retrofit things on the new systems.
Was much easier on the older 7 Series.
If the software has not been written for the retrofit it will not be possible.
On older cars you just needed the wiring.
You also need the correct ECU's fitted.
This!

I await the outcome due this....
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 01:27 PM   #44
omaralt
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3

am I understanding this correctly.. you are making this big of a deal about REAR heated seats? dude.. i'm guilty of this sometimes as well, but sometimes we tend to make a big deal about something that isn't very important. we are talking about heated seats in the rear. I understand you were misled, but they offered you $2k. You should take that and move on with your life. Or you could dedicate a large portion of your life to making them change out the car. by the time that is resolved the new 7 series would be out. Take the $2k (fair offer IMO) and move on with your life.
2013 550i M sport Alpine White/Cinnamon (retired)
Appreciate 0