BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

03-28-2018, 04:06 AM   #89
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Just checked this morning and the car is at sea. So clearly cannot get it tomorrow but feeling next Tuesday also is a bit too soon. Maybe the weekend of the 7th instead.

I'm off to my dealer tomorrow to sort my plate for the car so will discuss then.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 03:58 PM   #90
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
Just checked this morning and the car is at sea. So clearly cannot get it tomorrow but feeling next Tuesday also is a bit too soon. Maybe the weekend of the 7th instead.

I'm off to my dealer tomorrow to sort my plate for the car so will discuss then.
Great news, glad it's finally on its way FastLaneJB, you must be getting quite beside yourself with anticipation. ^

Won't be long now and you'll have it. Enjoy the long weekend and you'll now have a reason to look forward to returning!
      03-28-2018, 04:13 PM   #91
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelo Cat View Post
Great news, glad it's finally on its way FastLaneJB, you must be getting quite beside yourself with anticipation. ^

Won't be long now and you'll have it. Enjoy the long weekend and you'll now have a reason to look forward to returning!
Indeed. In fairness I'm away over Easter and if I'd got it tomorrow I'd only have sent the whole time I was away wishing I was back home. At least that won't be the case now and I can enjoy Easter better.

After than back to pining for my cars arrival
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2018, 05:25 AM   #92
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Port of Entry now this morning. Hopefully can get it later next week if it gets to the dealers in a reasonable time.

I was there yesterday and the amount of new cars they had being dropped off, it must be a nightmare for them to prep all the cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 12:07 PM   #93
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Another check and it's apparently awaiting dispatch to the BMW Centre. They tell me it'll be with my dealer on the 10th April which if true means I'm not getting it this weekend either

It's certainly not moving as quickly as 325_bucks car did. Lets hope they are wrong and it'll be at my dealers sooner.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 03:10 PM   #94
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Let's hope that is an underpromise and overdeliver concept and it does arrive earlier...in any case, at worst only a week away!

Hopefully you get it this week though, will keep fingers crossed for you.

Safe travels.
      04-02-2018, 04:31 PM   #95
tyzer
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 730d M-Sport Carbon Black

Quote:
Another check and it's apparently awaiting dispatch to the BMW Centre. They tell me it'll be with my dealer on the 10th April which if true means I'm not getting it this weekend either

It's certainly not moving as quickly as 325_bucks car did. Lets hope they are wrong and it'll be at my dealers sooner.
been telling all my friends about "a guy with a M760 on order", can't wait to see the pics. Now to be honest about 80% of the fun is the wait, but you won't want to hear that! lol
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 04:34 PM   #96
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyzer View Post
Quote:

been telling all my friends about "a guy with a M760 on order", can't wait to see the pics. Now to be honest about 80% of the fun is the wait, but you won't want to hear that! lol
Your mostly right of course. After a couple of weeks of ownership you soon get used to it. Doesn't mean it doesn't stay a great car but the excitement dies down.

Of course after the collection there's the 1,200 mile wait before I can drive it like I stole it.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 02:03 AM   #97
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Your mostly right of course. After a couple of weeks of ownership you soon get used to it. Doesn't mean it doesn't stay a great car but the excitement dies down.

Of course after the collection there's the 1,200 mile wait before I can drive it like I stole it.
isn’t that 1200 mile break-in just to help the owner navigate around and find the 4 shell stations that they will frequent and help the sat nav know when to ‘detour’ to the nearest one?

I’m thinking the rest of us will need to maximise the first 1200 as it’s the only time we’ll be able to keep up!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 08:02 AM   #98
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelo Cat View Post
isn’t that 1200 mile break-in just to help the owner navigate around and find the 4 shell stations that they will frequent and help the sat nav know when to ‘detour’ to the nearest one?

I’m thinking the rest of us will need to maximise the first 1200 as it’s the only time we’ll be able to keep up!

I've already filled the swimming pool up with Shell vMax.

In fairness I don't really drive like a nutter generally. It's just nice having the power on tap, overtaking effortlessly and beating chav's off the lights
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 03:46 PM   #99
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Heh

So, just to ramp up the anticipation factor a bit before you get yours...

Have you seen the latest M760Li xDrive photos on FB? Showing an individual grey colour with red interior?
(courtesy of: facebook.com/PerformanceMPower group)

Love that look from above and behind...the surface area of those sunroofs and that noise would be something!

Too bad no-one we know has one to post their pictures of?

Not long now...
Attached Images

04-03-2018, 04:42 PM   #100
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks Pelo. That's an interesting looking exterior paint but I quite like it.

It's a shame the red interior they do is such a bright red. If it was much darker that might have been the interior colour to go for with a different exterior shade.

Still I think I'm happy with my choices, I'll not make them take it back to Germany to repaint it
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 04:25 AM   #101
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Still awaiting dispatch to the dealer...

Maybe my timing is bad, there was a huge amount of diesels being delivered to my dealer last week to avoid the tax hike on the 1st April. So maybe just so many cars plus the recent bad weather has got them a bit behind. Though in fairness BMW always said middle of April so it's not really late. Was just hoping they'd get it across the UK a bit quicker is all.

Guess I'm doomed to wait until later half of next week.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 04:09 PM   #102
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
In fairness I don't really drive like a nutter generally. It's just nice having the power on tap, overtaking effortlessly and beating chav's off the lights
Heh know what you mean, I loved surprising the young fella that was trying to impress his girl (in his 250 PS Ford Focus ST) coming up to a roundabout where he took the inside lane (two lanes exiting the roundabout) thinking he'd just nip around me and undertake...He now knows quite well what a debadged 7 looks like from the rear. Love the car (even this 730d model) for that sleeper bit every once in a while...

Quote:
It's a shame the red interior they do is such a bright red. If it was much darker that might have been the interior colour to go for with a different exterior shade.
Agree, a dark red would be a great option in addition to the bright red.

Quote:
Still awaiting dispatch to the dealer...

Maybe my timing is bad, there was a huge amount of diesels being delivered to my dealer last week to avoid the tax hike on the 1st April. So maybe just so many cars plus the recent bad weather has got them a bit behind. Though in fairness BMW always said middle of April so it's not really late. Was just hoping they'd get it across the UK a bit quicker is all.

Guess I'm doomed to wait until later half of next week.
Won't be long now, I can't help thinking that everyone at BMW has had a look at the lovely top of the line, top of the range motor and model coming through the centre!

In some ways not sure you should take delivery to be honest, as you say that the car becomes a bit less 'exciting' after a few weeks...I think you are going to be very hard pressed indeed to give up your 7 (especially this model) in 4 years time for any other model (except a new one) once you get used to it and the comfort, luxury and power it will bring.

Your last chance to back out before you get lured in to the 7...

A last teaser, although not a patch on your car...Took this one of mine last night in Bath, I do love the car more now than when I bought it...be warned...

I do love the GT type lines of the car, somewhat enhanced by the lighting in the car park...that long but not too long bonnet, the upright windscreen, the tapering lines back to the boot, the way the light brings out the wider wheel arch lines (especially in the rear)...yours is going to be a real stunner...and well worth the wait!

Safe travels.
Attached Images

04-06-2018, 01:25 PM   #103
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

OK well sorted all the paperwork and paid the monies plus handed over the logbook for a child. Car was also registered on 31st March and the logbook for it came today. Nothing to do paper wise on pickup anymore I think. Just need to get insurance sorted this weekend now, that'll probably cost me my second child...

Had a call today and have booked in next Thursday morning to collect it. Should be in Tuesday and they'll have it ready Thursday morning for me.

So unless it's late, finally a solid collection date
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 01:29 PM   #104
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Great news, glad to hear it FLJB. ^
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 02:38 AM   #105
Arturo_spain
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep
Drives: M760Li MY2018

Yay, new toy is nearer! Eager to see it.

What kind of insurance numbers are you looking at?

Mine are 2500Euro/year which includes full coverage of any damage (my own and third party) in EU + 2 year full value of the car reimbursement in case of theft or totalled.

-M760Li MY2018
-RR Sport 4.4 SDV8 MY2016
-Mini Cooper Cabrio MY2018
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 04:34 AM   #106
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo_spain View Post

Mine are 2500Euro/year which includes full coverage of any damage (my own and third party) in EU + 2 year full value of the car reimbursement in case of theft or totalled.
Would be interesting to know the differences for a 760 compared to a 730d...for comparison (maybe 325_bucks can say if his is the same or similar in case mine is just as it is nearly a 2 year old car now) mine is I think insurance band 46E (parkers seems to confirm this) whereas a 760 is band 50 of course.

fully comprehensive insurance with LV and max. no claims discount, £400 deductible on most things comes to £ 620 /year. I should mention that GAP insurance is another £ 520 one off payment to cover the first 4 years as Arturo_spain mentions that...

Never priced a band 50 vehicle (whether Porsche, BMW or otherwise) so is it exponential for insurance comparatively or is it say £ 1000 with max no claims discount?

EDIT: I should mention that I'm still on my German drivers license and so that hits the insurance a bit, we have legal, loan car if needed, business insurance and EU cover in case that matters....
      04-07-2018, 07:11 AM   #107
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo_spain View Post

So currently I pay around £760 a year to Aviva to insure my wife's Mini and my BMW M5. I know however they have a cut off point that once you go over £75k value of the vehicle they want a tracker and the car garaged. However if I could meet those requirements it was going to be £10 less than it currently costs me with the M5. Go figure.

However the car doesn't drive itself into my tiny UK width garage on it's own and if I drive it in I cannot open the doors to get out... So I phoned them up about this and said would they insure it on the drive at a higher cost. That involved calling their underwriters, the underwriters had to call their underwriters, I think it was also probably discussed at PM Questions in the House of Lords. They then came back and said yes they will insure it on my drive because I've got CCTV for £10 more than I pay on my BMW M5. This sounded great until they told me the catch... The excess would have to be put up to £1,800 on a claim, ouch.

For reference the list price of my BMW M5 was £86k but with discount got it to £74,600 on purpose so I didn't need a tracker or to garage the car with Aviva I still got all the options I really wanted, just didn't add things like Night Vision, Soft Close and such on that car as it would have taken it over the £75k magic point.

Some of the online insurance companies that aren't on the comparison sites wouldn't quote online on anything over £100k, LV also won't do it without a tracker...

So I tried CompareTheMarket and started off with on drive, no tracker and Admiral LittleBox was the cheapest at around £700 but I don't want a black box tracking my driving, it'll be £20k to insure me the following year :P Their non black box quote was just over £1k along with very similar from the other companies they all own, after that the next quote was over £2k. The excess is high but around £1k lower than Aviva want.

Interestingly MoneySuperMarket has the Admiral quotes at £300 higher roughly for exactly the same cover. They must be adding a nice margin or have a much worse deal than CompareTheMarket.

Anyway I then went back, changed it around and said I'd have a tracker. It made zero difference to the cost Admiral was quoting and none of the others came below £2k either.

So my logic here is I pay BMW £800 to get a tracker and £200 a year there after to get my insurance at Admiral for around £600 say on that car. Or I pay Admiral at least this first year £1k without the tracker, by the second year the car will have dropped in value probably enough that insurance options will open up again to be much easier.

It's hard to know exactly what it might be valued at in 1 year. List price I think my car is around £145k with the options but options mean nothing for value so it's £135k really. However after discount I insure it for £109k from the £145k, so the discount might have cancelled out a good chunk of first year depreciation though I'm sure not all of it.

GAP Insurance will be done separately and is around £500 for 4 years cover.

I've not done it yet, just that's my current thought pattern there. I've 21 years of no claims and live in what's probably a lower half of the middle kind of crime area. My insurance for instance went up a bit when I moved from Norwich to Peterborough, where I lived in Norwich was in the lowest crime classification they do.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 11:16 AM   #108
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

OK all insured now and GAP sorted. Had a bit of an issue actually with Admiral in that I put in the cars reg (Same as what I had on my M5 which was changed a week ago) and CompareTheMarket got the M760Li correctly. However by the time I clicked through to Admiral it thought it was a BMW M5...

Anyway I've done a Multicar on Admiral with my wife's Mini which is due a renewal in May anyway. I've got the M760Li for £970 in the end with her insured. Quite happy with that in the end.

She's had 1 accident in the last 5 years on her Mini, nothing major just wing mirror clipping another car. Off topic but the car she hit with her wing mirror tried to claim for whip lash... I mean what kind of forces can a wing mirror that folded in anyway on impact cause to another car. They'd got one of those no win, no fee injury companies. Thankfully our insurance company thought it so stupid they took it to court. I don't know what the out come was but I hope they got a huge fine rather than their free holiday they were hoping for.

GAP Insurance done and that was £550 for 4 years on the Replacement policy and a maximum limit of £100k which probably a £75k policy would do but it wasn't a huge amount more so just did the £100k one in the end.

Now just got to wait until Thursday and pray they do get it to my dealers on Tuesday as they say. Cannot pick it up earlier if it does come in slightly before as insurance doesn't start until Thursday anyway.

Home stretch now, home stretch!

On an annoying side I'm not sure I can even have one last good blast in the M5 because according to the weather forecast it's raining every single day all week. It does just continue to confirm the main reason I'm chopping the M5 in early because it's simply too powerful in a rear wheel drive car for the crappy weather we have most of the time in this country. Anyway Pelo Cat, can you do something about the weather this week for me? Surely you've some underground level 9 R&D black ops type lab that has build a UK wide rain force field or something?

Last edited by FastLaneJB; 04-07-2018 at 11:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 12:17 PM   #109
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Who do you use for Gap?

My insurance is around £450, £350 excess, full no claims, part of a multiyear policy with Admiral
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 12:47 PM   #110
Arturo_spain
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep
Drives: M760Li MY2018

Wow, those are really low numbers for insurance, but are we talking about the same kind of insurance?

I'm 37 years old & the full coverage insurance (liability + collision + comprehensive + person injury + medical + gap + towing, etc..) in all EU for 2500Euro/year for this vehicle is a bargain, and gets reduced next year by @ 500Eur if no accidents/repairs, but looking at your numbers I'm a bit surprised.

Yup FastLane, not fun to drive 600hp car with rwd, summer tyres in rainy weather...

-M760Li MY2018
-RR Sport 4.4 SDV8 MY2016
-Mini Cooper Cabrio MY2018
Appreciate 0